New Hampshire run, June 7th, 8th, 9th

Packing? I’ve got to unpack and clean first -
I just got back from National Skills in Quebec, 2200 ish km up and back. I started unpacking, now the Mustang is empty but the Jetta will be full.
Maybe we will get a sunny day to get the car cleaned up. It rained on the way up last Saturday and again on the way back today once I hit NS

Discovered a surprise today on a qiick run, low pressure warning. Turns out I caught the edge of a pothole yesterday and f….. 2 rims. I’ll try to get them rounded tomorrow. Still packing…
Could it be your tire were not inflated enough seen that in the past. And yes like marc you might have other issue with that it sad to see this .wow one thing for sure will cost money hope everthing goes well

Could it be your tire were not inflated enough seen that in the past. And yes like marc you might have other issue with that it sad to see this .wow one thing for sure will cost money hope everthing goes well
Tires were good, I run 33 with 245/40 R20s on front and 35 on back with 275/35 R20s Not much sidewall and tires seem to run good at those pressures, higher pressures with the widths and it tends to wander more in the groves and wear bad in the centers. Just need to be paying attention ALL the time.... I was coming to a rough railway crossing and a motorcycle was trying to take it at an angle so I moved over closer to the road edge to give him room, didn't see the washed out pothole at all

It sounds technical but all you need to do is tell the alignment guy you want it toed in a bit to counter the negative camber.
If he has experience, he’ll know what to do.
If they show you the printout or, better yet, give you a copy, you’ll be able to see by how much he closed it.
Dents were really bad, Alex at Dent Wizard couldn't do anything but recommended a machine shop that has heavier gear, Craig at Velocity can have them rushed and done for me by Tuesday. I have Cars R Us lined up to mount and road force these with 2 new ones and then I'll go home to put back on the car so I can lift the other side and replace the rubber on the other back and road force it as well. I always keep a full set of rubber just in case and the backs were getting pretty worn away. If time allows I will get them to check the alignment, if not I'll have to wait till I get home and take my chances. Getting oils changed Thursday morning before the run so I'll get my local mechanic to take a good look under there, He doesn't have any fancy gear but before he has just measured top to top, bottom to bottom and sides to sides to see if there was anything obvious in a pinch. Thanks for the advice, I can always use all I can get :)

Tires were good, I run 33 with 245/40 R20s on front and 35 on back with 275/35 R20s Not much sidewall and tires seem to run good at those pressures, higher pressures with the widths and it tends to wander more in the groves and wear bad in the centers. Just need to be paying attention ALL the time.... I was coming to a rough railway crossing and a motorcycle was trying to take it at an angle so I moved over closer to the road edge to give him room, didn't see the washed out pothole at all

Wow i am feeling bad for you. We all taking care of our cars not fun when it happen. I understand how you feel.

You are bang on with middle of wide tires wearing prematurely with too much air.

Actually, I find 33 high.
Those cars call for 32 all around.
I run 32 in front and between 29-30 in rear.
1- for traction, and
2- to manage wear in middle of rear tires.
I find it’s s perfect balance.

255F and 285R on the ‘06, which is same car as yours.

You are bang on with middle of wide tires wearing prematurely with too much air.

1- for traction, and

Interesting, I’ll give it a try. Sidewalls are so low not very forgiving on rough roads

Ford recommends a 1600 km break in period before driving long distances at a steady speed or driving the car hard. Wanted to get past that before this trip. Given the mainly crappy weather we have been having, getting some driving time in has been a challenge. Finally got the odo up over 1600 kms this week and did some full throttle acceleration runs for the first time. While we are not planning on driving at night, I realized yesterday that I had never driven the car after dark and had no idea if the headlights worked, or were properly aimed. Took the car for a short drive after dark last night, all good to go.

Ford recommends a 1600 km break in period before driving long distances at a steady speed or driving the car hard. Wanted to get past that before this trip. Given the mainly crappy weather we have been having, getting some driving time in has been a challenge. Finally got the odo up over 1600 kms this week and did some full throttle acceleration runs for the first time. While we are not planning on driving at night, I realized yesterday that I had never driven the car after dark and had no idea if the headlights worked, or were properly aimed. Took the car for a short drive after dark last night, all good to go.
Could have told you drive faster shorter time to break it in 😂😂

Just kidding

Coming from a 4.6 I can just imagine what your smile looked like after you put it trough its paces I know I remember it well lol

1- for traction, and

Old JEEP trick...... get some chalk and run straight lines across the tread from inside out. Go for a short drive and look at the chalk . It will tell you if you are too high ( the middle will be gone) or too low (the shoulders will be gone). Do it on a good solid surface not a dirt or gravel road.

Mission impossible, first thing Monday morning trying just to get the rubber off the rims, my guys are retired and dealing with kids now, (booked solid for 2 days). Finally got them off half hour later, then off to my dented rims guy. Way out off his capabilities but suggested a machine shop, 7-10 days wait. Chatted with the machine shop and had them back first thing today, Tuesday. Have Cars R Us on board to do all 3 this afternoon and pick up Wednesday morning. Nice to have have 4 hooves back on the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpeg
    7.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2967.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 8
Old JEEP trick...... get some chalk and run straight lines across the tread from inside out. Go for a short drive and look at the chalk . It will tell you if you are too high ( the middle will be gone) or too low (the shoulders will be gone). Do it on a good solid surface not a dirt or gravel road.
thats alright if you can find a flat even road in Canada tell me where it is :p :ROFLMAO:

Back