New Bronco

Similar kind of stupid pricing with travel trailers.

Guy I work with just bought a new travel trailer for $40k, but he said he got $1500 more than he paid for his five year old trade in.

Hmmm..... maybe if I get $90k trade for my car and $70k trade for my truck, that Raptor R will be mine. :ROFLMAO:;)
Mike, you can trade truck, sorry can't trade car :ROFLMAO:
trucks, cars, trailer, seedoo's, skidoos, campers and the list goes on.
Shop wisely I say and with rising interest rates, this high priced toys are going to have
big iterest rates with them as well.

I have been lucky in life that most dealers I have dealt with never did that, butif they did or tried,
I would never set foot on the lot again. I understand everyone needs a profit.
But what is fair is not always what is charged, soe folks get greedy.

Yah, the car would be a tough one to give up, thats for sure, but if someone's willing to pay......:p

Maybe I should list a package deal ?? First $150,000 takes them both ??

I'm curious to see what happens if I put them on the table with my SVT dealer, but I'm sure they have no idea on availability yet.

Sorry, apologies for the hijack and offramp.

No highjack.
It’s a good discussion.

This is what is happening with the Bronco.
Crazy prices on top models.
I don’t know the details of this deal but I’m confident our client got more than he paid for new.

I base this on fact one of our salesmen sold his Badlands 4 door Bronco with a 2.7 this spring because the market was making it possible for him to make several thousand over what he paid 8-9 months earlier.
I mean several thousand. In the neighbourhood of 10 grand more. Maybe more. He told me but I didn’t commit details to memory.

Our client was happy with his deal.
We are pricing according to market.
There is no MSRP in used market.
The market is the market.

This is not unique to Canada.
Being on the border up here, we sometimes wholesale some products to a Ford dealer in northern Maine.
A few months ago, when our salesman sold his Bronco, he spoke to the sales manager of that Maine dealership and they were having a similar market. Where top tier Broncos like Badlands and Wildtrack were selling for 20 to 25 grand over new on the used market.

The Bronco is a halo product for Ford, and due to lack of availability, is also a unicorn these days.
That sheer lack of availability is driving up prices.

There are market corrections happening and more to come though with interest rates climbing and new product starting to flow again.

Example, we got 2 transports last Wednesday on the same day.
14 new units in one day.
We hadn’t gotten 14 new units all together in the previous 2 months almost.
90% are sold on arrival to people waiting on orders.

As s result, we revised prices on several used units today.

Previous model F150’s like 2017 to 2020 are starting to trend back down.
Canadian Black Book has some down by 5 to 6 grand.
So we dropped by about the same amount.

Similar kind of stupid pricing with travel trailers.

Guy I work with just bought a new travel trailer for $40k, but he said he got $1500 more than he paid for his five year old trade in.

Hmmm..... maybe if I get $90k trade for my car and $70k trade for my truck, that Raptor R will be mine. :ROFLMAO:;)

Your buddy is benefiting from same lack of inventory phenomenon as the Bronco.
The trailer industry is also having major supply issues.
In some cases, they can’t get axles to build enough trailers.

He’s happy with his trade-in value 5 years later, and the dealer will turn around and sell it at a healthy profit.
A client that didn’t think he could get one will be happy to buy it.
Everybody goes home happy.

Low supply and high demand drive the market.
After lockdowns, people want to get out.
The increased demand is happening at same time as low supply.

Might be late to the party, but just popped on to ford.ca and had a look.

There's the usual disclaimers about a lack of stock, but I have to give it to Ford with the amount of variations available for the Bronco.

The Heritage editions look really cool, copy and paste from the website....
Bronco-vhp-23_FRD_BRONCO_HERITAGE.tif.jpeg
Bronco-vhp-23_FRD_BRONCO_HERITAGE_LIMITED.tif.jpeg

And the Bronco Raptor is now on Build & Price, starting around $100k.

Baffles me the number of Ford vehicles now above the $100k marker....who would have thought they would cost as much as my first house.22_FRD_BRO_rptr_R7A9323-2_1c_V1.tif.jpeg

Back