New Bronco

Speaking of Broncos, I seen today Ford has announced the new MIC tops are in production,
where as they had said a few weeks ago, to make, install and test new moulds would be
at least 3-5 weeks. They air lifted them to Wayne Michigan last week, worked around the clock to instal moulds
tested last weekend, everything went well and are now producing replacement tops ( Wabasco 2.0 ) LOL

So they are saying, they are building for Broncos waiting ( dirt Hill) now and will install, do another full inspection of Bronco
and then they said water test on unit. Hmmmmm did they not say already tested? I am hoping just clerical error :)
Starting next week they also plan to send to dealers for anyone who already received thier Bronco.

I have no idea how many they can produce a day, they say already over 5000 in the wild, with rumoured
4000 to 8000 sitting in Michigan. They will do by build dates, mine July 12th I have heard some as early as late June
so I still have no idea how much longer, but better than what they were saying 2 weeks ago, which was looking
like late Oct / Nov. I am told I might get an update tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned :)

Full size bronco runs from about $50 k to 75 K if you order everything.
Also when completed, Ford will have a catalog with over 10,000 itmes one
could order, so it could get pricey, consider they have camping packages,
fishing packages, biking packages, etc, etc. So price could be crazy.

Keep in mind Ford has been moving mid to higher end on alot of its products,
which in turn increases pricing, but for those who have been shopping lately
you don't get much for under 40 k anymore and things move up from there quickly.

Have you seen previous page Fred?
Base price is $45,749.00 before destination charge, so not many will be bellow $50,000.00.
But that one is.

We’ll sell it to you and you can tell all your friends you got it for a steal of a deal. Lol ?

We’ve already bought wheels for it.
5 of them, so the spare matches.
We put slightly larger Toyo open country tires on them.

I think it’s going to look pretty good.

Update on the one we have here.
New wheels (Fast HD with more offset), tires (Toyo open country AT 285-70-17) and 1” levelling kit.

Total transformation.
Tires are about 3 inches taller than the stockers.
We tested enough to lift a rear wheel off the ground on angled terrain and no rubs anywhere.

Total price of these add ons is $4166.86.
$585.94 for levelling kit.
$3580.92 for wheels and tires.

4A8647FA-57BC-446F-AAA9-27B81377E162.jpeg

05533363-E6D1-4926-AB3D-206130DB8E43.jpeg

B7244D89-4892-4CEA-BB05-2D560081F201.jpeg

EAA251CF-D251-4286-A4BD-E5BE6D4D2DC6.jpeg

Update on the one we have here.
New wheels (Fast HD with more offset), tires (Toyo open country AT 285-70-17) and 1” levelling kit.

Total transformation.
Tires are about 3 inches taller than the stockers.
We tested enough to lift a rear wheel off the ground on angled terrain and no rubs anywhere.

Total price of these add ons is $4166.86.
$585.94 for levelling kit.
$3580.92 for wheels and tires.

View attachment 48564

View attachment 48565

View attachment 48566

View attachment 48567
is that carbonized gray?

Not yet.
Option of purchasing a tuner to do that will be explained and offered to the client.

Or the difference in speed will be explained to them.

More and more, Ford is restricting the dealers’ ability to do that.
We can’t do it on F150s since about 2018.

Need an aftermarket tuner to tell the computer what size tires you have put on.

We can update computer on new tire pressure requirements if one changes tire rating.
IE: going from 4 ply to 6 or 10 ply which means going from 35 psi to 40 or 50.
We have an aftermarket tool for that.
It allows us to train aftermarket tpm sensors, but it’s not a tuner that maries itself to the vehicle.

For tire size, only a tuner can do it.
No Ford equipment can do it, on the F150.
I’m not sure about Bronco yet.
This is first one we touch.

And soon, even aftermarket tuners will no longer be effective.
We’re pretty much there now with the F150 because of real time over the air updates that Ford can send at any given time.
That can corrupt a tune without notice and truck could go into limp mode.
Strictly for tire size, I suppose you could tell a truck again and again the tire size, but a performance tune won’t work.

Example, we have a customer that has a 2021 short bed F150 5.0 litre that he ordered with the express purpose of building a Lightning using a Roush SC.
In 2020, that was a piece of cake.
Now, because of Sync 4 connectivity and over the air updates, Roush is not shipping SC kits for 2021 F150s.

So we tried Ford Performance to get a Whipple. Same deal. They are not shipping for F150 with over the air update capabilities.

Moral of story: If you want to build a Lightning, find a good 2020 or earlier truck as platform.

Last edited:
Not yet.
Option of purchasing a tuner to do that will be explained and offered to the client.

Or the difference in speed will be explained to them.

More and more, Ford is restricting the dealers’ ability to do that.
We can’t do it on F150s since about 2018.

Need an aftermarket tuner to tell the computer what size tired you have put on.

We can update computer on new tire pressure requirements if one changes tire rating.
IE: going from 4 ply to 6 or 10 ply which means going from 35 psi to 40 or 50.
We have an aftermarket tool for that.
It allows us to train aftermarket tpm sensors, but it’s not a tuner that maries itself to the vehicle.

For tire size, only a tuner can do it.
No Ford equipment can do it, on the F150.
I’m not sure about Bronco yet.
This is first one we touch.

And soon, even aftermarket tuners will no longer be effective.
We’re pretty much there now with the F150 because of real time over the air updates that Ford can send at any given time.
That can corrupt a tune without notice and truck could ho into limp mode.
Strictly for tire size, I suppose you could tell a truck again and again the tire size, but a performance tune won’t work.

Example, we have a customer that has a 2021 short bed F150 5.0 litre that he ordered with the express purpose of doing a Lightning with using a Roush SC.
In 2020, that was a piece of cake to do.
Now, because of Sync 4 and over the air updates, Roush is not shipping SC kits for 2021 F150s.

So we tried Ford Performance to get a Whipple. Same deal. They are not shipping for F150 with over the air update capabilities.

Moral of story: If you want to build a Lightning, find a good 2020 or earlier truck as platform.
Put a thin strip of masking tape on the speedometer outside arch and drive by a road side "your speed" sign a few times at different ranges. Look at the number it shows and mark where the needle is pointing. Calibrated. On a positive note with larger tires it should take longer to reach the 60,000 km warranty point. Win win. ;)

Back