New Bronco

Ford finnaly made some what of announcement, cancelling reservations of new Bronco.
considering how out of whack they are and orders not being built and delivered based on reservation
was a bit of a joke, all builds are on hold, untill they get new roofs for all, which could add god only knows
how much time.

So have no idea what were doing, but its starting to get old.

Ford finnaly made some what of announcement, cancelling reservations of new Bronco.
considering how out of whack they are and orders not being built and delivered based on reservation
was a bit of a joke, all builds are on hold, untill they get new roofs for all, which could add god only knows
how much time.

So have no idea what were doing, but its starting to get old.
Ahh man that sucks big time!!

Ahh man that sucks big time!!
Yes and what sucks more is ours is built. Likely sitting in "Dirt hill" michigan construction
site for god only knows how long, untill new roofs are built and installed.
no update on timeline, so who knows.

As much as its not in budget, seriously considering going to look at range rover defenders.
Don't tell Aliona, she loves the Bronco, But I know she would do new range rover in a heart beat lol.

Yes and what sucks more is ours is built. Likely sitting in "Dirt hill" michigan construction
site for god only knows how long, untill new roofs are built and installed.
no update on timeline, so who knows.

As much as its not in budget, seriously considering going to look at range rover defenders.
Don't tell Aliona, she loves the Bronco, But I know she would do new range rover in a heart beat lol.
Your secret is safe with me. Lol

My cousin got a new defender this spring and said it's the most expensive POS she ever had .. left her stranded twice as it would not start, rattles and electrical issues . The whole family refers to it as the land turd now ..so good luck with which ever you get

I'll be devils advocate and say at least they've identified the problem and are correcting it instead of just cutting them loose with a known fault.

Glass half full ?????

There's always hiccups with the first model year.....no transmission cooler on the GT350 Tech Pack..... I'm looking at you. lol

Hopefully the new roof doesn't add $10k to the MSRP like the coolers did for the 2017 GT350.

Not withstanding a change in model year or not, there will be one advantage to waiting.

Price protection!
Ford will honour the cost it was when the order was placed.
No passing on the cost of the fix.

Whereas the ones ordered or built going forward after the solution is implemented may get(let’s be realistic, likely will get) a price increase, the ones in the pipe now are protected.

Last edited:
Good on Ford if they honor this...........

Friend of mine ordered new Fifth Wheel Trailer this spring and was just called in the office of Dealership where he was informed the prices on R.V.'s has just jumped from 12 to 16 % depending on type of Unit ordered. No price protection from Manufacturers but some dealers are taking the hit.
He's still waiting on how they are going to work this out, and still waiting on his Unit to come in as it is very late coming in, like everything else lately !!

Will anwser what I know, Mine is built, so less info on exactly what they are doing.
Price protection wouldn't apply to me as its built so price is protected,
I read March 9th or before is protected any orders after are not.

The roof is what they are saying, but they keep building them and have shipped some, rumors
are coming out now (Wabaso got the bLame ) Ford ordered Wabaso, to you use 30% less plastic in roof
from original design, why they are having issues, be interesting to see if this ends up truth or fiction.

They have these that are built upwards of 8000 sitting in an active construction area,
been all kinds of stories of being driven back and Forth to Ford.
Odds of some damage or much higher and odds of more than average miles
for new delivery.

Mine was Built July 12th, its a 2021, no one knows how long before I see it,
Ford won't say. but it will be badges 2021 and might be lucky to see in 2021.
At what point is it not new, Odds of new car smell are quite low LOL

I understand some of the roof issues, honeycomb colours, fraying on inside edges and in
rare cases leaking, outside of the leaks, give me my bronco and when new roof is built send
it to dealer to put on, its 5 minutes to install. No lets wait longer risk a multitude of problems
and piss off the customer a bit more.

For those that don't know, I should have had this last Nov. Supplies and covid was first excuse.
Production pushed to spring, I have missed 4 built dates and now two delivery dates with no end in site.
Most of all next to no communication with customer or even Dealers.

Interesting fun fact, Ford has one of the lowest retention rates among customers,
not as bad as Nissan which apparently is setting records, but not good,
Hmmmm maybe they need to work on this.

Based on some warranty and service issues I have had, it makes you question
alot of things, they are making it hard to be a true Ford guy :(

I can't recall, but does the warranty period coverage start effective the build date or the delivery date ???

Dealers don't really have a say, as it's Ford paying the warranty bill as I figure it.

Jeez, and I bitched about waiting six months for my car, that sucks for Bronco orders.

Back