Mustang Trivia.

It’s hard to believe that all that retooling wasn’t wortH at least 10,000 , but I guess Ford wanted to make his point no matter the cost this time.
You hear different stories though history, where car companies took a stand
for small amounts of money, maybe because they think they can or
maybe because they were cheap.

You hear rumblings of the story of Henry Ford stealing the idea for peanuts
for windshield wipers, because he did not want ot give the guy any moeny or credit.

It’s hard to believe that all that retooling wasn’t wortH at least 10,000 , but I guess Ford wanted to make his point no matter the cost this time.

And in some cases, maybe the lawyers counsel that if they bend to one demand, many more like it will follow.

But in Ford’s case, likely more what Trevor says.
Ford vs Ferrari gave glimpse of that.

Coming up with new questions that haven’t already been asked is getting harder becoming a little too time consuming for me especially during Mustang Season.

May be a Good Idea to revive this in the Fall ?

Wasn’t it when the Mustang first came out?
A white convertible.
64 Indy 500.
Car was out in April so was around for May of that year, which is when they run the Indy race.

68A3EC83-A203-45A5-8A9F-7BE91A9B1E34.jpeg

This wheel was made famous by the Bullitt Mustang movie car. So much that the wheel is now commonly referred to as a Bullitt wheel.
However, that is not what the manufacturer calls this wheel.

Do you know the wheel’s true name and bonus for knowing the manufacturer’s name?

I believe that rim/wheel would have been made by American Racing. Torque thrust I believe was their name - it’s been a favourite wheel of mine for a long time , looks great on older vehicles - and on a 2005 GT !

If you were meeting a s197 , 2005-2009 year , what would be your clues to the model?
what differences would you see between a GT , base 6 cylinder and upscale 6 cylinder car from a front view?

Back