Maritime mini runs.

Have not posted a mini run for a bit. We went up from Digby on all older roads starting with number 1 route in Valley, Rawdon Hills to Truro then on number 2 and 4 past Oxford to the number 6 at Pugwash and down to New Glasgow. Stayed the night and left for Antigonish in the morning to start the number 7. Whole idea was to do our first run on the number 7 starting at the other end. This way we avoid 2.5 hours getting to and from the 7 in one day from home. The roads (6 and 7) were actually in good shape. Planned a couple of spots to stop. Look forward to some spots others go to. Here are a couple I found interesting. Street view links in titles.

Silo 15 minutes west of Tatamagouche on Route 6. 10 minutes past our gas stop in the last run we did.
-Silo1-2000.JPG

MacDonald Mill on Sonara Road just outside Sherbrooke Village
-MacDonaldMill2500.JPG

Rusty Boat (not in 2009 street view image) at Hawbolt Cove
-BoatRusty2-3000.JPG

Rapids in Sheet Harbour taken from end of ElmHurst Drive where you can park by them.
-ElmHurstRapids2500.JPG

Oh and on the run broke the 100,000 km point. Woot!
100k.JPG

Have not posted a mini run for a bit. We went up from Digby on all older roads starting with number 1 route in Valley, Rawdon Hills to Truro then on number 2 and 4 past Oxford to the number 6 at Pugwash and down to New Glasgow. Stayed the night and left for Antigonish in the morning to start the number 7. Whole idea was to do our first run on the number 7 starting at the other end. This way we avoid 2.5 hours getting to and from the 7 in one day from home. The roads (6 and 7) were actually in good shape. Planned a couple of spots to stop. Look forward to some spots others go to. Here are a couple I found interesting. Street view links in titles.

Silo 15 minutes west of Tatamagouche on Route 6. 10 minutes past our gas stop in the last run we did.
View attachment 57943

MacDonald Mill on Sonara Road just outside Sherbrooke Village
View attachment 57944

Rusty Boat (not in 2009 street view image) at Hawbolt Cove
View attachment 57945

Rapids in Sheet Harbour taken from end of ElmHurst Drive where you can park by them.
View attachment 57946

Oh and on the run broke the 100,000 km point. Woot!
View attachment 57947
Some great shots.

I did a run too this weekend.
Only it wasn’t in a Mustang.
It involved my truck and a U-Haul trailer.
Left yesterdsy morning to pick up my daughter from University of Montreal Vet School in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec.
She did a year long practicim to specialize in emergency medecin.
Back today. Unloaded and trailer returned already.
Was hot there too.

Pic taken at rest stop east of Quebec this afternoon.

F5886298-ABB4-4AB5-B07B-70AC9DDA59C2.jpeg

Well I can confirm that the Fundy trail is Mustang friendly now.
Drove it today and the chip seal is all compacted and safe.
No loose rocks anymore.

Although I would still avoid the 114 from Fundy to Riverview/Moncton.
Still some construction zones and a couple close to Riverview had loose gravel, potholed and downhill in and uphill out.
Not good.
Too bad, cause the ones further down were Mustang friendly.
Alternating traffic but paved.

They had a lot of water damage all along that highway since last year.

Drove it in the Edge ST.
Goes good in those back road twisties and hills.

Last edited:
Well with two great driving days this weekend staying home was not an option. Saturday headed out to Charlottetown for supper at the Gahan House and did not disappoint. Watched Canada win the IIHF Gold hockey game in what looked like Finland making a last minute come back but our group held on for an overtime win. I bet the players who decided their NHL training camps were more important are thinking hard about not participating.

Sunday there was a show at the Summerside Airport to support a local group. Good variety of vehicles. First time there and I like the area. Here are some shots of the Mustangs on site. There were other cool Fords there too and I drop them into their respective threads later.

Now I am looking forward to the fall run even more after the pre-scout. Hope the weather holds. If not there is still the Gahan House.

PEI350GT2000.JPG
PEIBlackGT2000.JPG

PEIBlueStripe2000.JPG

PEIBlueVert2000.JPG

PEIGreen2000.JPG

PEIRed2000.JPG

PEIRedGT2000.JPG

PEIWhite2000.JPG

Three for one shot.

PEI3some2500.JPG

And to prove I was actually there but left before roasting in 32 degrees...

PEIUSYellowPlane3000.JPG

Bonus. This little guy followed us around. Looked suspicious.

PEIR2D2.JPG

Back