Home Gyms/ Exercise/ Workout Programs

TrueBlue02058

Post King
With all Public Gyms Closed over the last month a lot of People that were working out in Gyms, (myself included) have set up home gyms causing a temporary shortage in home Fitness Equipment in stores and online.

I was able to pick up a Flat Bench as well as an Abs Bench for doing sit ups along with the gym flooring from Amazon.

Dumbbells quickly sold out in stores and online.

I ordered a set of Power Block Adjustable Dumbbells that adjusts from 5 to 50 pounds per Dumbbell and upgrade to 70 then 90 pounds per Dumbbell are available.

When it became apparent that the ones I ordered were back Order, I was able to pick up a set of 15 and 25 pound dumbbells to tide me over till the others arrive hopefully within a few months.

I workout 6 days a week doing Chest and Biceps with Abs day 1, Shoulders and Triceps with Abs on Day 2 and Back and Legs with Abs on Day 3. Then I repeat sequence on days 4,5 and 6.

I do 3 to 4 sets, 15 reps per set, for each exercise.

I have been training with weights since I was 15, and I am able to get in a good workout with the limited amount of equipment I have.9E891E5A-449F-4B92-B606-A5BB4C9CBDF2.jpeg7158F6D2-64EE-4258-AA4C-88E97B14B5A4.jpeg2E25D58F-42F5-428A-96F0-8D0E34616625.jpeg5D549246-F2C1-40EE-A7E3-58CC09EBACA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is the link for the adjustable dumbbells. What sold me was the fact that they replace 10 sets of Dumbbells. They retail for $399, the 2 sets of dumbbells I got for now cost me $172, so a full set can cost thousands of dollars and take up a lot of space.

If You take into consideration that these dumbbells are adjustable in 2.5 pound increments the set replaces 16 sets of dumbbells. ?

https://fitworks.ca/products/powerblock-dumbbells/

Motivation is the difficult part, I try and do after supper, I can't do in morning,
takes two coffees just to motivate me to move.
I start early, because I like to ease into it :)
but once rolling, I am good till I stop LOL.

Last edited:
Before I retired I was working out 3 times a week and would go to gym after work before supper. I tried early morning before work years ago and that didn’t work and after supper all I feel like doing is relaxing on sofa watching TV. Now that I’m retired all I have to do is go downstairs after breakfast and coffee. Even the Music in my home gym is better than the Crap they played at the gym I had a membership at ?

Last edited:
nice set up Fred.
I will have to get some picks, I have mini Gym
of sorts. not much inton weights other than for tone.
Biggest challenge is using it. especially this time of year.

After months of doing high reps with lighter weights (no heavier than 30 pound dumbbells)

It feels great to be lifting heavier weights again. Doing Chest Bicep Workout today.

For first chest exercise, Flat Dumbbell press

Did 3 sets of 12 reps with 35,40 and 40pound dumbbells

Then for my last set with the set of 50 pounders I stopped at 20 reps ?

F48653C3-E032-46C6-82C5-00DA49DD65AA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
After months of doing high reps with lighter weights (no heavier than 30 pound dumbbells)

It feels great to be lifting heavier weights again. Doing Chest Bicep Workout today.

For first chest exercise, Flat Dumbbell press

Did 3 sets of 12 reps with 35,40 and 40 pound dumbbells

Then for my last set with the set of 50 pounders I stopped at 20 reps ?

View attachment 39731

How come we can no longer edit our own fresh post ?

Should have read 30,35 and 40, not 4.

Last edited:
you have one hour to edit a post, after that we have to do it.
This gives you time for errors or change of heart.
after that its up to us to decide whether you lifted
40 or 4 lbs ?
I fixed it for ya :)

I’ve never relished working out in a gym setting too much, although I’ve done a bit over the years for strength training.
I much prefer working out outdoors fighting gravity, distance and the elements.

So while in Fundy this weekend I ran the roughly 13 km distance from Point Wolfe to Alma on the tough Coastal trail along the Fundy coast.

6F42CD19-BB34-4981-B6D0-A4E4CFE925B4.jpeg

Here running the short road stretch between the Point Wolfe bridge and the Coastal trail trailhead.

8BCD99D5-B23E-4E26-B091-D5A1E51DA761.jpeg

At the trailhead.
That’s not darkness behind me, it’s dirt.
The trail heads straight up the ridge at roughly a 45 degree angle or more.
Talk about a stairclimber.

CE7A6D0D-0D6E-46A9-9195-A567996A8F37.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve never relished working out in a gym setting too much, although I’ve done a bit over the years for strength training.
I much prefer working out outdoors fighting gravity, distance and the elements.

So while in Fundy this weekend I ran the roughly 13 km distance from Point Wolfe to Alma on the tough Coastal trail along the Fundy coast.

View attachment 39985

Here running the short road stretch between the Point Wolfe bridge and the Coastal trail trailhead.

View attachment 39986

At the trailhead.
That’s not darkness behind me, it’s dirt.
The trail heads straight up the ridge at roughly a 45 degree angle or more.
Talk about a stairclimber.

View attachment 39987

You are a Gazelle Marc ?

Back