Gt500

SVT4MT;n33214 said:
Speaking of numbers......she's going to be a big one. lol

If you look at the head on pic posted of the Ford Performance stable cruising Woodward, you can see how chunkier the GT500 appears compared to the GT350.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/n...auction-mistake-and-trumps-latest-auto-tirade

" The 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 is the heaviest Mustang of all time. According to Ford’s dealership guide eSourceBook, the 760 hp GT500 will have a curb weight of 4,225 lbs (1,916 kg). Pushing that chunky coupe is a 5.2-litre V8 that pumps power through to the rear wheels via a brand-new Tremec seven-speed dual-clutch auto. There are some ways to lighten it up a bit, like by adding the Carbon-Fiber Track Pack, which cuts out the rear seat "

That is a thousand pounds heavier than my 01., No longer Pony Car , more like a Grand Tourer.

All cars are getting heavier, safety stuff is heavy.
all the goodies, power seats and heated seats etc, etc.
are heavy. even the new vette that looks smaller is rumoured to be
3-400 lbs heavier than last one.

760 hp will push it, but will lose some handling with that weight.
Car is wicked cool, but would not trade mine for it.

Bump on this one, ford.ca now has "Build & Price" available to allow you to configure a 2020 GT500 to your liking. Wow.

$95k base, and the Carbon Fibre Track Pack is a ......wait for it.........drum roll......$25k option......yes, you read that correctly, a $25k option. lol

I'm actually warming up to the styling, and I like the hp, but my dream vehicle is still a 2020 5.2L supercharged V8 Raptor.

SVT4MT;n34253 said:
Bump on this one, ford.ca now has "Build & Price" available to allow you to configure a 2020 GT500 to your liking. Wow.

$95k base, and the Carbon Fibre Track Pack is a ......wait for it.........drum roll......$25k option......yes, you read that correctly, a $25k option. lol

I'm actually warming up to the styling, and I like the hp, but my dream vehicle is still a 2020 5.2L supercharged V8 Raptor.

Funny I said $118k before it became official with all the rumours.
Plus Tax puts you in a $130k for an off the shelf Mustang.
In other words not a special edition or exceptionally rare,
although at that price they might end up being rare.

As cool as 760hp is hard to wrap my head around that price.

I'm not saying this as a completely biased owner, (much), but dollar for dollar, the GT350 was a hell of a good deal for what you got.

The R only ran about $15k more than the GT350 with the same basic drivetrain, so the carbon fibre wheels, resonator and rear seat delete, along with the revised front splitter was a pretty good deal.

I'm no expert, but I question the value added for that $25k...heres what it gets you in addition to the base GT500.

- 20" Exposed carbon-fibre wheels
• Michelin® Pilot Cup Sport 2 tires – Front - 305/30R20; Rear - 315/30R20
• Rear seat delete
• Exposed carbon fibre instrument panel
• Exposed carbon fibre GT4 track wing
• Adjustable strut top mounts*
• RECARO® leather-trimmed seats
• Splitter wickers
• Wheel locking kit

SVT4MT;n34397 said:
Just noticed, here's an option you might want to add to your $25k Carbon Fibre Track Pack..........painted stripes.

Only $12,600.

wow, :D I suspect might be better option to do after market LOL

Just out of curiosity, I did some math on the Build & Price for a hypothetical GT500.....

Base GT500 - $96,500
Painted stripes - $12,500
Carbon Fibre Track Pack - $25,000
Taxes - $17,500
Total - $152,000
Cost of financing at 7% over 60 months - $28,000

Congrats, you're now the proud owner of a $180,000 GT500.

The real deal might be the base GT500, possibly consider the purchase if I had the extra money, but I think I'd rather spend it on a GT350R.

Even then, is the extra 165hp between the 350 and the 500 worth it for the extra money ?

No way, shape or form are the painted stripes from Ford worth it in any universe, and as I stated before, the Carbon Fibre option is questionable value as well.

No doubt though, if the Lotto 6/49 came through, I'd option out a GT500 and try to get a Ford GT as well. lol

67 AGAIN;n34483 said:
I prefer the GT 350R too because it’s manual and N/A.
The same road race reasons.

But they gave the 500 exceptional handling as well.
It’s not just a one trick pony.
It’s not just for straight line acceleration.

It’s a pretty nice package.

I like the GT500 as well, but my few knocks.
Bad enough its only available in auto.
But SUV style shifter is a big turn off,
at least give it a stick with paddles.

Far to heavy, luxury features are not light.
Maybe an option with less would have been better.

Pricing is high and the packages seems priced very high
for what you get, which puts it out of reach for high %
of most Mustang owners.

Be interesting when the hit the streets to get real time feed back.
Also be interesting to see how they do on the Track as well.

Actually that price is not that much higher than a 350R for what you get.
One does not have to add the luxury features.

In fact, the $15000.00 carbon fibre package has already been cancelled as an option.
Not enough demand from early orders to justify keeping it on the order menu.
This has caused a bit of a dilemma for Ford because they have to determine a strategy to deal with the few that were ordered but have not yet been built.

I get and agree with the trans shifter.
However there are paddles even with the rotary knob setup.

Evidence that it is a serious track car is that the front suspension, steering and brakes from the 500 are now the all new for 2020 “Improvements” on the 2020 350R.
That includes the front suspension geometry and new EPAS calibration that improve steering grip and addresses tram lining on public roads.
New brake hardware in the form of solid rotors instead of cross drilled + slotted and new brake calibration that provide better braking than the old hardware and pads that last longer because they rub on these solid rotors.

You mentioned needing brake hardware Trevor.
If you have not gone ahead with that yet, maybe it’s an option for you to do your replacement with the new hardware.
As far as I can tell, that callipers are the same.
Maybe the new calibration can be obtained from McFee’s shortly.

I learned of this info. only on Wednesday this week from one of our salesmen.
I believed it because that salesman is in the process of ordering a gt500 for one of our customers through the only SVT dealer in the maritimes, MacPhee Ford of Halifax.

It is a brand new development and Ford still not clear as to how they will treat the few that have been ordered but not yet built. That’s how it was explained to me.

If accurate, the site is not updated.
There is fine print on the site that covers such situations.
Like: not all options available in all markets, contact dealer for more information... etc.

To be clear, if I were spending my own hard earned money and could only afford one, I too would get a 350 variant.
Mostly for the third pedal and the fact that I just like N/A cars.

I am just pointing out that, unlike other products such as the hellcat for one, the 500 is not just a straight line accelerator.
It will swallow up a road course with great steering, handling, grip and braking, and capable of doing it all day long with the amount of cooling the engineers gave that car.

As evidence of that I highlight that the new for 2020 improvements to the already excellent 350R, in order to make it an even better braking, steering and handling car, are the very bits that were developed on the 500.

There is some irony there in that we can’t say the 500 is not a great handler if its parts are used to make the 350R better.

Ultimately, I feel they are both great cars.
If I had enough money and means, I would have one of each in my Mustang stable.
And would appreciate each for its own merits.
Like children, or girlfriends... Oops I digress.

I tend to agree, if I had the money I would have one, but I would want the carbon wheels.
the rest of carbon bits I could live without. but then again. If I had the money
I would have a dozen Mustangs, to be fair I am not dead yet, so anything is possible LOL.

67 AGAIN;n34530 said:
I learned of this info. only on Wednesday this week from one of our salesmen.
I believed it because that salesman is in the process of ordering a gt500 for one of our customers through the only SVT dealer in the maritimes, MacPhee Ford of Halifax.

It is a brand new development and Ford still not clear as to how they will treat the few that have been ordered but not yet built. That’s how it was explained to me. .

Thanks, I wasn't saying you were wrong, your information was better and more inside than what I was seeing.

I just feel bad that Ford cancelled the option because I questioned the value of the option for the $25k price tag earlier in this thread.

:FordSmile

Hey, no worries. No offence taken.
It is big news and not easily believed at face value.
I haven’t had it confirmed by another source yet.
Like stated above, I got this from one of our salesmen.

Back