Any talk about a spring run to New England for a tune? I'm in

So far guys its a no go go for I just may get two shifts here and my next shift runs into that weekend for f... sake.But if it does't I'm going

sick04;n3691 said:
So far guys its a no go go for I just may get two shifts here and my next shift runs into that weekend for f... sake.But if it does't I'm going

Is Phil going? last time if I remember he was thinking about it.

Looks Like only Glen and I going, everyone else bailed do to work, lack of work or money :)
Me I am just going for the drive. Hopefully the weather is good.

Been so busy at work lately have not checked in anywhere. Saw a gt 350r on performance dyno's home page that looked familiar Lol. How is the trip so far boys? Trevor what baseline numbers did Pete show you?

Just got home, between Glen and I we will put together mini trip report.
Pete did a great Job on Glen's solved the issues.
Mine he dyno'ed for free, he was excited to see car and curious to see numbers.
Glen's was 446 at wheels, 409 tq. good considering 4.6 not forged. on 91 fuel.

Mine was 456 on 91, which is about right, I have seen others at 465 on 93
about 17C and raining. I have video of mine if I can figure out how to load.

Well the original run, was suppose to be 5-7 guys, with work or lack of, it ended up being Just Glen & I.
I didn't need a tune, but its always a fun trip.
Glen has the 08 GT/CS vert, same as my last car, with a pro charger.
It was done by desilva and worked decent but was never quite right. After talking to several us
about Pete, he wanted to make the trip.

Plans were made, to leave at 6am Friday morning, the original tune was to be Sat morning.
Pete didn't check with boss who had him going to daughters Graduation, so tune got moved to
Friday night, only one car no big deal, we had to be their by 6pm.
81/2 hour drive plus stops, ahhh no problem :)

Well there is always a problem :)

The run was a blast, made great time moving through traffic and caught all the good weather while we were travelling. Car works pretty amazing now, Pete is quite a wizard, well worth the trip. He pinpointed my main problem as being an ignition issue with too big a gap in the plugs, the boost at high RPM was not letting the spark fully ignite and causing misses at high RPMs. He gapped them all down from 40 to 30 and put in his tune, purrs like a loud kitten now.

We stopped in Amherst for a coffee top up, old guy seen the stangs, he stopped and talked to us.
He has a 641/2 but not with him, took us 20 minutes to get out of their :)
Were humming along all is well and I start thinking :(
Almost to Salisbury and it hits me, I don't have my passport, Damn, stop at big stop.
Make a few calls, odds are not good of getting into US, hmmmmm
The options are I can continue on and try and get in, Glen continues on, I go get my passport, catch unto him at Petes,
At this point we are 21/2 to 3 hours ahead of schedule. Or we could.............

( damn I feel stupid) Worked till 10 pm the night before, running around getting ready, throwing stuff in a bag,
of all the things to forget arrrggggg.

Back