2021 Fall Run New Brunswick Miramichi/Acadian Peninsula/Bathurst

That is the thing, the way the run was planned, we simply couldn't get to the lighthouse and back in proper times on this run. But knowing it's out there, it gives everyone the chance to come back in my little part of the world to explore further ;)
For references, Google Maps gives 36 minutes (one way) from Shippagan to the Miscou lighthouse without doing any of the beautiful detours around the coast of Lameque Island. :) Lots of possibilities ;)
For sure. The distance kept me away. I now have a few other lighthouse locations in the area, couple of beaches and places of interest marked for next time we go there on our own which I would not have known about if not for the fall run. The run was very nice and inspiring, good pace and reached many great locations. Super day.

That is the thing, the way the run was planned, we simply couldn't get to the lighthouse and back in proper times on this run. But knowing it's out there, it gives everyone the chance to come back in my little part of the world to explore further ;)
For references, Google Maps gives 36 minutes (one way) from Shippagan to the Miscou lighthouse without doing any of the beautiful detours around the coast of Lameque Island. :) Lots of possibilities ;)
something like that is almost round trip and added to run to make it work.
Sadly time and amount of cars limit what we can do without adding a day.

We decided a few years ago to make Saaturday the official run day,
In hopes it gives more people the opportunity to be able to make it.
As most see or know, Friday for some turns into run to start point and run
Sunday home for those who can. Even the odd folks who make it 5 days :)

Back