2020 Nationals

So drag it out another 3 weeks, with no real news. This group shows arrogance and lack of respect
for the Province and most of all participants. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If this is allowed, we should look at moving all of our events to NB as it seems NB governments
will open up to car groups to hold events in Province.

That's interesting. So not much of a decision. Just a change of date to buy more time to see if things settle down. I would say they are getting some push back from government and some sponsors. Many will probably not be allowed to cross the border either. Thoughts?

I know they are trying to please sponsors and car folks,
but something tells me they think they are above whats going on.
If not careful this could send a real bad message.

Could hurt them and sponsors, Car guys don't need this,
already lots of folks who think we are nothing but a
bunch of hillbillies.

Their arrogance is showing through, I looked at their facebook posts
and a few people commenting on or about them even doing it this year
have been deleted, none of these posts were nasty or rude
but pointing out obvious.

They only want their message and not interested in folks concerns.
I hope the sponsors can afford the pushback.

Thanks for pointing that out Rich. There were a few there the other day as well as the above one I shared. I wonder what message that sends? If you praise us for our decision or complement us for the job we are doing your post will not get deleted. If you actually tell the truth that so many people are thinking but will not post for fear of being black balled by the organizers you get deleted and probably kicked off their page.

There was no insults given just points of view and some valid ones at that. I believe their short sighted thinking is going to hurt them in the long run. I have been saying that for years but they do not seem to want to change. That is part of the reason we no longer participate as a group.

Well they made an announcement last night on Nat's site. What you think?

Copy and paste from the Atlantic Nationals Site

Let's take a minute to look at the August 1 & 2 Atlantic Nationals... We are STILL working on bringing you a 2020 Show. The latest is the fourth plan that I have worked on for this year.. Things have not been boring during the lockdown!! I do believe we are getting closer having approval to host a Show this year that will be a joint Atlantic Nationals and Speed Sport Presentation. Joe and I have been talking a lot about presenting something for You , the car community We are all looking for that opportunity to cruise our cars and see all our old friends and meet new ones at a Car Show in 2020 while We have all seen most Shows cancelled., Certainly We wanted to thank everyone for their support over the years while having a bit of something for everyone!

We continue to work with our Government and City officials to present a Show for the Car Owners that will respect all of the current guidelines and rules in place during these difficult times. It is imperative that everyone does all they can to support these measures.. Maintain your Social Distance, bring and wear your masks where needed and stay home if you feel ill or uncomfortable.

This year's Show will be a completely different format from previous years, but still should provide some fun and time to enjoy our Rides in these troubled times. We have looked at every aspect of the Show and have had to reduce or eliminate any of those events that cause large crowds and uncontrolled gatherings that we have in a typical year. For that reason, we have reduced the Show to a two day Event from our customary five days.

Now let us give you a quick overview of the proposed 2020 Show, subject to some changes and fine tuning. This year, we are working to virtually eliminate any and all indoor activities. Registration, therefore will be a drive through affair at a remote parking lot near the Park, starting at 7:30 on Saturday Morning. Sunday Registrations for one day will be at the Park. Spectator gates will not open until 10:00 so that you, the car owners can get into the Park and situated with plenty of time. The Park will remain open until 4:30. Saturday night will see a modified Super Cruise Route, due to traffic changes in the City's downtown. This year, the Cruise Route will run from Mountain Road to Wheeler Blvd., to St George Blvd., to Vaughn Harvey Blvd., returning to Mountain Road. We will open the gates on Sunday at 8:00 with Spectator gates opening at 9:30. The Show will close at 4:00 and we invite everyone to do the Super Cruise Route following.

Due to restraints on large crowd gatherings, We will not be having our Safety Lanes or Rod Repair Shops, or any Celebrities, other than all of you, the great car folks! Our Awards and Prize Presentations will likewise be under a different format and on a much shorter scale. This year, we will have The Atlantic Nationals Top 10 Awards and the Speed Sport Top 10 Awards. There will not be a Grand Prize Car this year, and due to the vast business challenges, there will not be as many Grand Prizes.. We truly appreciate our Terrific Show Partners and Sponsors, and as I have said over and over on many occasions, we simply can NOT host these Events without All of our Sponsors. Please Please support these great folks EVERY time you are making any buying decisions! We need all of your support if we want to continue having these Great Car Shows and Events!

Registration will be $30.00 for the two days and those who have pre-registered for the 2020 Show before March 31 will not pay for this year's Show or for the 2021 Atlantic Nationals.

I apologize for the late messages and updates, however we have been working through an ever changing landscape this year. Keep your fingers crossed that we will get the final approval for The Atlantic Nationals and Speed Sport Gathering 2020!!! And as I keep saying.... Stay Tuned!!!!

Well I won’t be there this year. Seems like a ton of work and still no real answer as to if it will actually go ahead or not. Only 3 weeks away really. Would have been easier to say we promise bigger and better for next year in my opinion and maybe do just a cruise instead ?‍♂️

I made the decision couple months ago
that I won't make the trip for this year.
Then my hotel called and cancelled my room.

I agree trying to have show with anywhere near the cars to
even call it a mini show, will be way over the numbers allowed
and likely upset as many people as it makes happy.

Sponsors could take the heat for this as well.
I wish them luck, but beleive they are playing with fire.

With most events cancelled across the region I still think this is a mistake. There are too many people forgetting about social distancing already and at this rate we will be back to lockdown again soon......... so while I might go for a cruise around I’m not planning on going to this so called show in the park even though it wouldn’t cost me anything.

Back