2020 Nationals

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
As Maritimemustang,com. we no longer do the corral but we have still done events around the Nationals
each year. Some members still go in the show and we all support by going, being in Moncton and other aspects
of the event.

This year, with covid 19 many waited and then expected it to be cancelled after NB premier's announcement
with no major events in NB in 2020.

Well today this was the release from Nationals, more to be posted on Friday.

Quote directly from Atlantic Nationals facebook page.

"Good Sunny Monday Everyone!!! I do hope you are all staying safe and doing your part to help reduce the impact of this terrible illness that is infecting the land! There has been a lot of interest and discussion about this year's Atlantic Nationals and if it would be held or not. While we want to ensure everyone has a Great time at our Show, the health and well being of everyone involved takes priority and we certainly have to do everything we can to ensure this.

As you know, most Car Show related Events are now either cancelled or significantly postponed. With this in mind, we started to work on a whole new format for this year's Show that would provide a fun event for you folks, the car community, while respecting and embracing current guidelines and health considerations. We think we may just have a plan that will meet all of these many, somewhat conflicting priorities and provide for a Show this summer. We are currently in discussion with all of our various Partners to obtain the required agreements and provisions prior to taking the next steps. We do hope to be able to announce everything as we had previously advised, by this Friday, May 15th. That said, we would ask that you bear with us as we work through the details of the proposal to hopefully arrive at a positive resolution for all!!

We have also been receiving many questions regarding those who had paid pre registration for this year's Show. We are hopeful that our proposal for 2020 is accepted by all, and if so, those who had pre registered prior to March 31 will receive complementary entrance to this year's Show as well as the 2021 Atlantic Nationals. For those who may not be able to join us this year for any number of factors, your registration likewise will be honoured for the 2021 Atlantic Nationals.
Please remember, out Team took 2 years to plan and develop the first Atlantic Nationals in 2001. We have been working ever so hard to put this years modified Show together for all of you.. Stay tuned... We are hoping for Terrific News for 2020 very soon!!!""

What ya all think?

I can keep an open mind, but have already decided, that even if I am aloud, will not be attending this year.
Too many people in restaurants, hotels and just about everywhere you go.

Personally not sure if good idea or not, some will be happy, many will be upset.
Many events get cancelled, but not this one, a lot of NB folks not going to be happy.
This could be very bad Publicity, be curious to see.

I know nationals page on facebook, deletes or stops comments quickly,
guessing they don't like or want feedback, not sure which.
Fun to watch.

Different provinces...slightly different variations of what is and is not permitted.

The PEI Fesitval and Exhibition association including all organizing committees canceled all PEI festivals and exhibitions for the 2020 season today. "Better safe, than sorry" seemed to be the theme.

Certainly difficult and disappointing decisions are somewhat easier in a group, rather than weighing the efforts invested vs the impacts of cancelling alone.

I believe they should have just cancelled it this being their 20th year and what is going on in the world. Way too many people still uneasy and already saying they will not be making the trip even before hearing what the actual event will be. I believe in having an open mind but unfortunately the smart thing to do as a car group would be to not encourage huge gatherings this year for obvious reasons. Just my opinion though.

They are getting all kinds of different feedback on their post that's for sure. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Only prize I ever Won was in 2017 to commemorate Canada 150 the first 2 to Register from each Province got one of these during Awards Ceremony. I was #3, #1 was also from NB and #2 from Ontario. I don’t expect to ever win a real prize with my current car, winners are original or meticulously restored antiques or custom cars that stand out. I go to see all the awesome cars and hang out with the Car Guys ?image.jpg

I don't win nothing, so no loss for me.

I think its interesting to watch.
Sponsors need to be careful, this could blow up in their face.
Nationals could end up looking bad if they have show,
this kind of bad advertising is not good.

NB government will get ripped hard if they start making exceptions
for one group and not another.

Last but not least, for their 20th, they are going to have really bad numbers.

As I said up thread, this will be interesting to watch.

Good Evening Everyone!!!! I was so looking forward to making a Huge Announcement about the AtNats 2020 today, or even before today if possible. That said, we are still working with our Partners to look at hosting an Atlantic Nationals Event this summer.It has taken a whole lot of planning and discussions with all of our Partners to see what we should do for 2020. As we say ALL the time, it takes a lot of effort by many to put the Show on, and once again I say.. We just could not do it without ALL of our valued Partners and Sponsors! We want to provide something for all of our terrific Participants while recognizing the current health situation we are in and for certain, show the proper respect to that and to what our Government has done to arrive at the tremendous results we are enjoying here in New Brunswick!

As has been pointed out by various folks here, the borders to the Province are closed and likely to stay so for some time. In order to walk the fine line required to present an Event this summer, we have had to review completely the entire schedule of The Atlantic Nationals.. Could you imagine Social Distancing downtown on Friday Night or at the Park on the weekend?
So here we are.. While we have NOT received any word positive or negative as to the possibility of hosting an Event, this is what we can tell you at this point. The Proposed Atlantic Nationals Show will be a shorter one, lasting two days and held on August 1 & 2 here in Moncton, and at other locations in the Province, much as we usually do during our regular Show. This will allow us to present a Show that will indeed support things like Social Distancing and safe practices. It also gives a bit more time for the potential of border openings and the like. That date will also provide an additional 3 weeks to see our Province get a bit more back to a normal point. For all of these reasons, we have chosen to move the date a bit.
We are still awaiting news from several involved parties, and as you can well expect, these Folks have been extremely busy and involved in making a ton of decisions in recent times. We are still hopeful for a positive outcome and an announcement detailing all of the Schedule shall be forthcoming soon.
I wish to thank all of you for the kind words and positive support that you have shown. Trust me, I hate to draw this out, however these are indeed trying times that require a lot of additional input and review prior to making any decisions..
Thank you all and may I wish everyone a Happy Victoria Day Weekend!!
Stay Safe and Stay Well!!
Bill

Back