2019 California Special Race Red

I take my wheels off as well.
I go to Mcphee's they have newer $40,000 tire changes
machine does not touch wheels, now most big shops have

Also if there is a problem bigger shop will go good for them, little shop
will tell you to GFYS, I warn them about wheels every time
and last 3 times shop forman does my tires LOL
took them 4 hours, I don't think they make money on this tire change lol.

I have been in these shops and scary how often the new guy gets crash course
and is changing tires with little training and no supervision, staff shortages
don't help this, but to Marc's point that becomes a bit fo the service writer
making sure right person is doing right job.

FIngers crossed for good outcome tomorrow.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update. I chatted with the owner of the shop yesterday and brought him the wheels this AM. He took a look at them and agreed that it could be something they did on their end. He doesn’t believe it’s the clamps but it could have been the way the rims were handled after the tire was taken off. This being said we agreed that I would take them to a local guy that refinishes wheels. This I was happy to hear. Great customer service on his part. So I reached out to him and sent him some pictures. He answered me back 5 minutes later and said those are machined edge wheels so I cannot do them. It takes special tooling to do the grooves etc. So that was not good news. He tells me to his knowledge that there is nobody local to hear that deals with machined wheels . Donelle in Grand Digue does not do them anymore. So now we are looking to see if there are any other spots that someone may know of that does machined without having to ship them all over Any ideas?

He asked me to drop him one of the wheels off after getting the news as he wants to try something. Not sure what lol but at this point what more can he do. Lol. So he has one of the wheels now.

New wheels are a not cheap.

If nothing local is found Charlie you could always turn to P. Jacques in Quebec.
They refinished wheels on my old F-150 and their work was excellent.

Man I cannot stand shady work, feel for you my friend.
Had work done a few years ago on my Stang and the experience wasn't great to say the least, actually still chasing issues caused by them.
Hope these guys come through for you and resolve the issue without too much headaches.

Hey Roger,
Yeah it sucks that’s for sure. I will ship them if need be. Has to be cheaper then new wheels. At this point I am so pissed as I don’t want to put them back on like that. Not what I started with. I was so fussy when I bought the car j checked all the wheels as it was important to me that they were in good shape and I didn’t want to have to change them. I will give that company a look and see. Thanks for the name.

Here’s a crazy thought.
Outside the box.
Turning lemons into lemonade.

Ok, so you go back to the guy looking like your dog ate your breakfast.
You play it up.
You’re devastated with the explanation you wrote above.
When you bought the car you checked every wheel because you didn’t want them damaged.

Now the guy that normally fixes wheels can’t fix these becausr of what they are.

Shipping the wheels becomes more expensive.
You’re getting anxiety attacks.
And OE wheels cost an arm and a leg.
Not logical to buy new OE wheels.

See if he’ll give you a cadh settlement to resolve the issue.
You’ll buy after market wheels to move on from the ordeal.

And he gives you credit for the tires toward other differemt size tires that you’ll buy from him.
You won’t necessarily get them mounted by them but you’ll buy from them.

Take the money and get some nice aftermatket wheels. Wider.
Dress them up with wider tires.
Better offset. Nice look and stance.
And you won’t need the spacers either.

19X9.5 front with 265/40/19 tires.
19X11 rear with 305/35/19 tires.

Same overall diameter you have now front and back. Speedometer all good.

You can also plan for possible future upgrades and get wheels now that will accommodate Brembo brakes, should you ever find a desl somewhere.

Just a thought.

I like the way you are thinking Marc. Lol. Although I never disliked the 2 tone CS wheels. I feel they are nice looking wheel as far as a stock wheel goes. I told myself I would leave these wheels alone for a while. Haha hopefully over the next day or so I will have some answers. Spring is coming fast. Lol

I like the way you are thinking Marc. Lol. Although I never disliked the 2 tone CS wheels. I feel they are nice looking wheel as far as a stock wheel goes. I told myself I would leave these wheels alone for a while. Haha hopefully over the next day or so I will have some answers. Spring is coming fast. Lol
Go see him with a quotte from ford for the wheels you have somthing to work with.

So as I mentioned I had dropped off my wheels again yesterday as they wanted to take another look at them. He had a guy in house that wanted to try something. So i got a text from the owner saying that the wheels were ready and I said umm what? He said they are a lot better then they were by along shot but i want you to see them.. He said his guy just polished them with some stuff and it eventually came off. So it appears that what myself, the owner and a few other people thought was actual scratched clear coat was just debris and whatever they use on the tire sometimes. The small surface scratches just needed buffed. I must say I was surprised to say the least when he told me this. I am however still skeptical at this point. All he says to me is I would like to be here when you come see them. No problem so I messaged him this morning and headed there around 10 to take a look, Needless to say I was blown away. Super impressed with how they turned out. Are they new wheels? I do Feel a bit stupid as well but I guess not knowing I didn't want to try hard compound on them. The stuff I had home did not work. Now mind you they still need cleaned up and a coat or 2 of wax or maybe ceramic on top and they will be good to go in my opinion. I will let you guys be the judge as well.

The owner of the shop apologized once again for all the inconvenience. I told him listen I know stuff happens, however the way you took care of me and treated the situation goes along way in my book. I said you have a customer for life and this will not deter me from using you guys in the future.
wheel1.jpgwheel2.jpgwheel3.jpgwheel4.jpg

So as I mentioned I had dropped off my wheels again yesterday as they wanted to take another look at them. He had a guy in house that wanted to try something. So i got a text from the owner saying that the wheels were ready and I said umm what? He said they are a lot better then they were by along shot but i want you to see them.. He said his guy just polished them with some stuff and it eventually came off. So it appears that what myself, the owner and a few other people thought was actual scratched clear coat was just debris and whatever they use on the tire sometimes. The small surface scratches just needed buffed. I must say I was surprised to say the least when he told me this. I am however still skeptical at this point. All he says to me is I would like to be here when you come see them. No problem so I messaged him this morning and headed there around 10 to take a look, Needless to say I was blown away. Super impressed with how they turned out. Are they new wheels? I do Feel a bit stupid as well but I guess not knowing I didn't want to try hard compound on them. The stuff I had home did not work. Now mind you they still need cleaned up and a coat or 2 of wax or maybe ceramic on top and they will be good to go in my opinion. I will let you guys be the judge as well.

The owner of the shop apologized once again for all the inconvenience. I told him listen I know stuff happens, however the way you took care of me and treated the situation goes along way in my book. I said you have a customer for life and this will not deter me from using you guys in the future.
View attachment 62838View attachment 62839View attachment 62840View attachment 62841
They look great, that’s awesome news

Yeah I agree. I do prefer this outcome better because I do like these wheels at the moment. I know the future may change but for now I like them.

In conversation this morning he said he buffed it out with a microfiber but it took some time and pressure. So I assumed by his comment it was all manual.

I am glad in the end that the bad luck turned into good luck. LOL

They look great and problme was solved with good ole fashion elbow grease.
I suspect in the process they took protectant off, but clean up and put a coat or 2 of clean coat on
your good to go.

I agree that they owned it, fixed it and really thats all anyone could ask for.
bonus for you and good on them, now you can clean up and install on car
on to next problem :)

Back