2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

Salary's are high and going up, this will be the norm very soon.
Going to be common place to see 5-6 players getting 80% of the money
and the rest sharing the pie, should make interesting times.

Young guys want to be paid now and seem to be getting it, eventually the teams
won't be able to reward older guys and pay young guys, so going to be fun to watch.

I also agree with no easy wins anymore, ever team is good with some exceptional.
But take a night off and you don't get 2 points and in todays NHL that will hurt
when race is tighter than ever at end of year.

Ohtobbad;n34306 said:
Salary's are high and going up, this will be the norm very soon.
Going to be common place to see 5-6 players getting 80% of the money
and the rest sharing the pie, should make interesting times.

Young guys want to be paid now and seem to be getting it, eventually the teams
won't be able to reward older guys and pay young guys, so going to be fun to watch.

I also agree with no easy wins anymore, ever team is good with some exceptional.
But take a night off and you don't get 2 points and in todays NHL that will hurt
when race is tighter than ever at end of year.

What he said. You think the Leafs are overpaying for these guys? Wait until they are about 4 years in on the deal and see how much less they are paying them than other players lol. The salaries are going nuts and it's only gonna get higher.

Oh by the way the 30 million dollar guys have 8 of the 14 Leaf goals and have 16 points between them lol. So they aren't the problem. Those that watch the Leafs know the shootout is always terrible. Just can't explain that one.

Canuck121;n34335 said:
What he said. You think the Leafs are overpaying for these guys? Wait until they are about 4 years in on the deal and see how much less they are paying them than other players lol. The salaries are going nuts and it's only gonna get higher.

Oh by the way the 30 million dollar guys have 8 of the 14 Leaf goals and have 16 points between them lol. So they aren't the problem. Those that watch the Leafs know the shootout is always terrible. Just can't explain that one.

Your right they are not the problem, the problem might be because those guys make
that much, not enough left to pay for good enough supporting cast.
only time will tell. other teams are doing the same, we will see if this model works.

Ohtobbad;n34337 said:
Your right they are not the problem, the problem might be because those guys make
that much, not enough left to pay for good enough supporting cast.
only time will tell. other teams are doing the same, we will see if this model works.

Not sure that works either. It’s the way they play and always has been. New year, same problem. Give aways and can’t get the puck out of their own end. Anderson has to bail them out constantly. Assists Reilly and Barrie are at the top on D and I’ve been impressed with the way Sandin has played (making rookie mistakes but has been solid) and Mikheyev. Gauthier had 2 goals so far and last year had about that many all year. Dare I say it’s a Babcock issue??? Lol.

Canuck121;n34339 said:
Not sure that works either. It’s the way they play and always has been. New year, same problem. Give aways and can’t get the puck out of their own end. Anderson has to bail them out constantly. Assists Reilly and Barrie are at the top on D and I’ve been impressed with the way Sandin has played (making rookie mistakes but has been solid) and Mikheyev. Gauthier had 2 goals so far and last year had about that many all year. Dare I say it’s a Babcock issue??? Lol.

I think Babcock is a great coach if your team is 28 and older.
Young players will tire of his crap quick, the ones trying to make it will
listen because they have to. Young players today are different and
don't want or have to put up with it.

Coaches are changing around the league to deal with new young stars.
Not sure babcock can or will, with his contract he doesn't have to.
with his reputation he would get 2 or 3 more teams on the hook before his welcome
would wear out.

I am curious how much the GM would miss him LOL
Can't convince me they like each other, far to different in
philosophy's.

Habs lost to Buffalo 5-4 in OT last night. In their first 3 games they have picked up 4 out of 6 points, and haven't lost yet in Regulation Time. They have to be more Disciplined, they are getting way to many Penalties and Buffalo has an excellent P.P. Detroit is in Montreal tonight, then another home game Saturday against the Blues. Time for the Habs to Win a few games in Regulation time.

Go Habs Go !

Yes 2 power ply goals with the same guy in the penalty box on 2 different penalties

Their power play looks much better so far to start though so that is a plus. Not that they could get much worst. Lol

They are working hard but incosistent play will kill you.
They used to be hard on penalty kills, a lot of standing around
last night, with Buffalo on a tear on PP not great idea.

Did you know, assist leader in NHL so far is Jake Brensk ?

Lots of games tonight.
Curious what sorts shows, websites, stations you watch / like?

I find TSN and Sportsnet getting worse if possible.
For national broadcast a lot of BS and over the top speculation.
I realize Toronto is a big city with lots of fans. But you are a National broadcaster.
Report the truth, have variety, cover more than one team.

I am sure fans across the country want coverage on many sports.
each have 5 stations showing the exact same thing.
You can't convince me that they is not enough world wide content
to show a better variety of sports, to cover many fan bases.

Is there a better place to get or sports news?

I tend to follow games live online more then watch. Dont have the patience for all the foolish analysis that seems to wade into the games these days. Have been watching the rugby world cup match of the day games. Alot faster than the game I remember playing 25-30 years ago!

Montreal had a good dame last night. The win is nice, but even when it was tied 3-3
I was thinking this was the best game the Habs had played to date. Consistent.
Price was average on this night, but because the team played every shift it was a good game.
6-3 belied the true score, one could easily argue Gally's goal would have been called back if challenged.
Nice empty netter by domi, but take that out of it, 4-3

Oilers are on a tear, flames so so not doing as well as oilers with Luci trade.
Canucks 500 and Ottawa gets first win over Tampa, which has slow start.
Leafs back on the rails after losing 3 in a row, sending leafs Nation in to panic mode
( always fun to watch) Is Cherry right, not tough enough to win anything?

early days in the NHL season, but it looks like every game is going to count
and most teams are playing with that in mind. Good for us the fans, makes it more fun to watch
and keep track of. I still think 20 game mark is time to take stock of what you have.

Yes I must agree it was a great game to watch. We are starting to see some consistent play. It was nice to see the post game interview with Drouin on the ice and the fans appreciating the effort he has been putting in as well as the teams. Hope they can keep it going.

Yea, Great Game last night. First Regulation Time Win for the Habs this Year in their 5th Game Played. And a Big One, against the Reigning Stanley Cup Champions. Drouin has picked up a Point in all 5 games.

Watch all the Habs Games in French, unless we have Company over that are not Bilingual.

And I get 99% of my Sports news on RDS and TVA Sports. And find that their coverage is more balanced than the English Canadian Networks. RDS and TVA Commentators are the First to Criticize the Habs when they aren't playing well, but what is really Nice is that they aren't only talking about the Leafs. :mad:

A Friend of mine was at last nights game in Montreal and He sure picked the right game to attend. :FordSmile

Canadians had a Good Night yesterday beating the Wild 4-0. Victor Mete got his first NHL Goal in his 126th game and Nick Suzuki got his first in his first as well.

Habs play the Blues in St. Louis tomorrow at 4 Atlantic Time.

Go Habs Go !

Habs played another great game yesterday afternoon in St. Louis, beating the Blues 5-2. Victor Mete got his 2nd Goal in as many games.

Habs play the Wild at 6 Atlantic Time, Go Habs Go !

Leafs Beat the Bruins 4-3 last night in OT.

TrueBlue02058;n34537 said:
Habs played another great game yesterday afternoon in St. Louis, beating the Blues 5-2. Victor Mete got his 2nd Goal in as many games.

Habs play the Wild at 6 Atlantic Time, Go Habs Go !

Leafs Beat the Bruins 4-3 last night in OT.

Yes it was a good game to watch. Nick Susuki got his second goal in as many games not Victor Mete. Hopefully Mete will not be too far behind.

2001BlackGTvert;n34547 said:
Yes it was a good game to watch. Nick Susuki got his second goal in as many games not Victor Mete. Hopefully Mete will not be too far behind.

Ya I just realized that 5 minutes ago. Hopefully Nick gets his 3rd and Victor his second tonight. And Keith Kincaid gets his second shut out of the season.

Go Habs Go !

Habs are doing alright. I would love to see Pouhling brought up.
Someone explain to me the love affair Julian has with WEAL?
Hes a Minus 3, only has two goals and gets 1st line power play minutes.

Writers were lagging Mete and Weber, Mete is plus 3 and never gets power play time
and always plays on PK, personal I think he is quite good.

Back