2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

Let the real games begin. I am looking forward to the season.
Lots of storey lines to follow, lots of new young players.
Average age of the NHL is getting younger every year.

These kids are coming into the league ready.
they also demand more money faster.
Figuring out the cap will be most teams challenge
going forward or be willing to give up very talented
young players.

Nobody expected the Blues to win the cup.
this week they all start at zero.

who's the favourites ? who will win it all?
want to make a few predictions?

Leafs will have someone wearing a C tomorrow for the opener. Who is it? Haven't gone crazy digging yet but nothing seems to be certain in most things I've seen. My guess is Tavares which I feel is the right call.

Tavares was a good, and likely the natural selection. A bit odd to see Ceecee in blue..... Leafs are on a winning streak now! plans to hoist the cup are already underway, but the talk of the diehards around here!

Summerside's Noah Dobson makes his debut tonight on the blueline for the Islanders. Whenever an Island kid makes the big league, they instantly have fans from tip to tip...no matter who's their favorite team. Rooting for the player is different than rooting for the team! Adam McQuaid & Brad Richards have both made an impact on the league and have brought the Cup to PEI. An Island celebration at the community level!

Go Islanders!.....I mean go Noah!!

Noah was the enemy around here for the better part of two weeks last spring lol. Played for the Huskies who beat the Mooseheads in the Q final and Memorial Cup final. But if you draw the boos of the opposing teams fans the way he did then you know you are doing something right :)

Hopefully he will have an awesome NHL career. You always gotta cheer for the locals (us Atlantic’s stick together) with one exception.....Marchand lol.

Yup I agree lets take the point and move on from there. I like some parts of the game Suzuki, kot and Fleury looked real good for the young guys. Even Drouin showed up a bit more then he hs been. First game so we will see where the. Rest of the season takes us. Those 1 points can make or break making the playoffs. We all know that. Lol

Canuck121;n34220 said:
Noah was the enemy around here for the better part of two weeks last spring lol. Played for the Huskies who beat the Mooseheads in the Q final and Memorial Cup final. But if you draw the boos of the opposing teams fans the way he did then you know you are doing something right :)

Hopefully he will have an awesome NHL career. You always gotta cheer for the locals (us Atlantic’s stick together) with one exception.....Marchand lol.

Come on now.... early in the season for the Marchand pokes! He's like your new wife's cooking....takes some getting used to but eventually you can stomach it!

pei_guy;n34232 said:
Come on now.... early in the season for the Marchand pokes! He's like your new wife's cooking....takes some getting used to but eventually you can stomach it!

Unfortunately he has brought it on himself. I keep hoping he turns it around then he does something that makes most hockey fans scratch their head. Maybe this year will be the year that he plays the pest roll without crossing the line of looking like a complete douche?? Not to mention he is not a very pleasant guy off the ice either. He has great Hockey sense.....its the other sense that are not quite to the maturity level they should be.

Sad thing is he is a good player when he wants to be.

Its a tough time of year, I have watched 2 games, refs are already end of season forum.
Bad reffing seems to be a staple of hockey now. One part announcers are saying calling them tight
always do at begging of year, 10 minutes later saying they are letting them play:rolleyes:

Leaf fans are per normal 1st game LOL
Habs tough to watch the on off switch, oh did gallagher play last night?
35 shots 32 from below the circles, other three in front and they scored hmmmm.

Long way to go, but other than some young kids, could be a long year.
Hopefully the kids take over the team.

Habs & leafs tonight, based on lineups
Leafs should have this, 42 million in 4 players.
should be best 2 lines in Hockey.

I am positive the Habs will make a game of it.
GHG

I am not sure if Montreal won that game or Toronto lost it.
But has will have to play like they did in 3rd a lot more if they expect to win anything.
They don't have the raw talent to score easily. they need to work for it.
It shows when they skate and work hard. shows even more when they don't.

Take the 2 points and be happy :)

Montreal Won it cause Toronto was Too STUPID to Win it !

Anyone that Blows a 3 Goal Lead Deserves to Lose.

3 out 0f 4 possible Points so far for Habs.

Drouin looks like he has woken up.

I have High Hopes for the Habs this Year. As Tight as things are in the League now, every Point Counts. So they have to Battle Hard each and every game if they want to make it to the Big Show next Spring.

Go Habs Go !

Back