2016 Fall Run.

The fall run, has a few possible routes, anyone have any preferences as to where we go and what we see along the way?
I think the Island is small enough to cover a good bit on Saturday, but not enough time to do a complete loop of the Island.
Starting in Summerside, stoping in Charlotte town.

Up Cavendish way would be a good direction. Think it would still be early enough that most attractions would still be open. I know the east end of the Island reasonably well. Montague, Wood Islands and out that way. Also born in Charlottetown so I know the city pretty well. Summerside and out that way a little bit but not so much lol.

Last 2 trips were awesome, weather, route, friends all perfect. Can't wait for this one, calendar is marked. Did the East coast run last summer in a 40 ft RV, Stang would be so much fun.

Aulac NB to Cavendish , 1h 22m , 113 klms.

Cavendish to Charlottetown , 35 minutes , 37 klms.

Cavendish to Wood Island , 46 minutes , 51 klms.

Ferry Schedule : Sept. 8 – Oct. 126:30, 9:30, 11:15, 13:00, 14:45, 16:30, 20:00.

An early to mid afternoon crossing would give us time for a relaxing breakfast.

Only issue with the ferry is clearance for the vehicles. I know that mine won't go on the upper deck of one for sure and 50/50 on the other. That means lower deck where you usually get stuffed in there with transport trucks and motor homes. I will see if I can find out for sure sometime exactly what we are up against but thought I would mention it. I agree that the ferry would be an awesome way to come back from the island :)

No Title

Here is a picture of one of the ferry boats that run between. This is best case scenario. If the tide was the other way it's even worse. The other ferry you drive straight in but most cars go down below and again you run into clearance issues. So if you stay to the main deck again you are in with the bigger vehicles.

Attachments

• photo221.jpg
    photo221.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 0
  • photo222.jpg
    photo222.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 0
TrueBlue02058;n1066 said:
In Charlottetown if you booked today a room at the Holiday Inn is $136 and Super 8 is $110.

I know Gerry stays at the Holiday Inn quite often for work and says it's great. The Super 8 is not far away either and I'm not totally sure what it's like but looks decent.

There are so many choices in Cavendish , I wouldn't even know where to start. Was there once with my Family 15 or more years ago.

Perhaps someone with more recent experience there could have some suggestions ?

We staying in Cavendish Friday night or Summerside?
The ferry would be cool, but I want to know the clearance as well,
I have no desire to rip the front splitter off. Not sure how many are thinking of going
this year, but it could be a big run, for a couple of simple reasons, its close to most,
for some with tight time schedules will be able to come Sat. morning and do the run
without missing any work. Just a few things to think about.

Personaly I will take most of Friday off and head over in afternoon. get settled in Motel/Hotel
Have a nice meal and a few wobbly pops, tell some jokes. Reminds me.
"do you own a whipper snipper"
Wheres Lorne, holidays should be over.

TrueBlue02058;n1096 said:
A lot more choices for supper and rooms in Cavendish than Summerside.

I have no Idea, Canvedish won't have many motels, but lots of cabins. PEI in Sept. will be very quiet.
Most things are still open, but gearing for closing, some will be closed.
I am open to all ideas, guess another choice to be made.

Stayed at Kindred Spirits Inn, Cavendish in October one time. Nice Cabins and Inn, reasonably priced, close to everything. Wasn't much open in October though,lol .

I did some quick snooping, somewhere between 14-18 Motels / Hotels in Summerside.
19 in Cavendish if you count cabins.
Resturants if you included fast-food , Summerside 62, Cavendish 19
Now which ones are good or not is another thing.

Has anyone been to either place in the last year or so?

Back