2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Thanks! Getting right where i'd like to see it go look wise for sure. will be hunting in a couple of years for wider wheels, but that's story for another day!

Oh i get it now. I misread that I guess. Yeah your shocks are more than likely shot. I am suprised they never failed that for the inspection? LMFAO

LMAO I KNOW!! Should have told my friend to fail them too LOL. In all seriousness tho, I don't think they are shot (YET)… more the fact that they are overworked. I knew that was going to happen, because at this point I have other plans with the +/- $1,200 that I have than to buy shocks on top of everything else...
planning of kicking the most out of the house's capita that we can within the next four years, since our mortgage rate is locked at a ridiculously LOW interest rate compared to this crazy market.

Loving the new ride more and more!! Went for an evening drive aounr memramcook earlier tonight and she was just driving perfectly, even Julie mentioned the handling improvements haha! Just stiff enough, while providing comfortable ride for cruising around. While going into corners at speed, was like, a LOT more confident inspiring. I could take any given corners at several kph more than usual without even the slightest hint of upsetting the car.i guess i never realized how poor and loose/imprecise the handling was before.

I mentioned it somewhere before.
We don't know what we don't know about the handling of these cars until we change things.
The S-197 is not a great handler in stock form.
But can be improved a lot with good aftermarket components.
Glad you're enjoying it.

Soft, check.
Body roll, check.
And what I remember, to my surprise for a so called sports car back then, was "floatiness" or vague on center feel at highway speeds.
Did not have to be crazy speed. NB TCH speed is 110 so you can roll 125-130 with no problem.
At those speeds, the front end would start to get light or uncertain. I describe it as "floaty".
It was no longer a relaxed, one hand on the wheel, steering exercise. It started to get white knuckle, two hands on wheel required.
You'd turn the wheel for a curve and wait to see if the car would respond appropriately, or in time for that matter.
Car would push a lot.

Suspension work on the S-197 corrects these behaviors dramatically. I'm talking three fingers on wheel, relaxed driving all day long.
Makes you fall in love with your car all over again and get all excited to drive it again, such as Maxime is expressing in here.
For S-197 owners looking to modify their cars, I would advise to look at suspension upgrades sooner rather than later.
You will love it and wish you had done it sooner.
It is as good or better than getting more power for your overall driving enjoyment.

"We don't know what we don't know" until we cross the threshold to the other side.
Welcome to the other side Max.

3rd autocross of the season last night, first one with the car having the prokit, front GT500 LCA and rear Whiteline LCA. OMG is this ever a different car!! It was a night and day difference from my last event, and I still have to install the Whiteline antisquat kit and the front/rear adjustable sway bars.

P.S. - I have a brand new Whiteline adjustable panhard bar for sale if anyone's interested! same as I have installed on my car (don't even ask how a company can ship two of the same items …. lol)

Below are pictures of part of the course, along with the result board of the night. I think I did pretty good to stay within 1-2 seconds of Focus ST, WRX and the likes. The RX7, S2000 and Version 4 EVO are all fully prepped purpose built cars, still +/-5-6 seconds difference I think isn't even that bad. As for the Firebird, she is also a purpose built rig running 315 wide tires on 11'' wheels on all four corner! no way I will be able to touch it's times either although it's interesting to see what can be done to get our big, heavy muscle cars to grip. A LOT of my time difference is the seat time. I NEED MOAR SEAT TIME (or driver mod some would say haha). Still happy of how it went, and I feel that I begin to get a grip on what I really need to improve in my driving.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm2.staticflickr.com\/1807\/28196948847_acde33634d_k.jpg"}[/IMG2]Autocross June 27th 2018 - a sea of cones by Maxime Arseneault, on Flickr

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm1.staticflickr.com\/833\/28196953587_1962c543db_k.jpg"}[/IMG2]Autocross June 27th 2018 Results board by Maxime Arseneault, on Flickr

oui! I do not have the budget some of these guys have. Majority are still running street tires, BUT the best of them for Autocross (meaning Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R). These tires are a 200TW rating, that would be shot if i'd run them for autocross AND cruising before the end of one summer.
For what they are my 255/45R18 Firestone Firehawk Indy500 are doing a tremendous job. Being a 340TW, I estimate i'll be able to get two seasons of mixed autocross/cruising duties out of them. Not bad for a $1000 all in set of tires ;) With frequent rotation (say 1 or two per summers), I will be easily able to achieve this, even with my -1.5camber in the front. easily achievable. They actually wear very decent for the way we run them at these events, I am quite surprised. my BFG GForce Sport Comp2 were in worst condition than my current tire after only one autocross even with the Focus ST (I have three events in with the Firestone).

you need to come down some weekend were running at AMP
Beware it is highly addictive. If you like auto cross this is even more fun.

ahhh come on guys! I am sure you would do just as well as the track hehe. Does look confusing standing next to the track, one have to walk it to understand/memorise it! One day one of you is in town and there's an event, come ride along! ;)

Back