2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Well, picked up a hood the other day to replace my OEM hood that is having the infamous bubbling issue on the front lip. Thanks to Charlie i was able to secure this beauty for a really good price. Sure, it is not perfect (old rock chips, couple swirls), but nothing i can't remove with the buffer i think.
And for the price i got it, it is really worth it to repaint in a couple of years should it piss me off during paint correction. Cervinis Type C hood (Eleanor kit's hood).
Didn't buy yet, but will eventually add some hood pins (heard various times fibreglass hoods tends to dance....) Will be installing some Quik-Latch ones, just need to find this new funding and THEN find a bodyworker / bodyshop willing to install them for me.

Will also have to install the sway bars i bought last summer AND the antisquat kit... hahaha. ON TOP of the new discs/pads from this winter.

Nice!! I need something for the convertible. Same issue that you have. Probably looking for something close to original stock look but I would prefer if it had a hood scoop. Think the V6 came stock with the scoop?? Not sure on that.

Last edited:
Canuck121;n30339 said:
Nice!! I need something for the convertible. Same issue that you have. Probably looking for something close to original stock look but I would prefer if it had a hood scoop. Think the V6 came stock with the scoop?? Not sure on that.

I know the stock “scoop” on the gt’s wAs all but appearance, glued top of original hood, mine doesn’t have that option. Hood wise if you don’t go back atock, look into the cobra R style, not thattt aggressive of a hump in the middle

S197CS;n30346 said:
I know the stock “scoop” on the gt’s wAs all but appearance, glued top of original hood, mine doesn’t have that option. Hood wise if you don’t go back atock, look into the cobra R style, not thattt aggressive of a hump in the middle

V6 did not have scoop, only GT as a "GT" appearance package.
Package included scoop, chrome exhaust tips and that grey "Powered by Ford" intake manifold cover.

The Cobra R hood is nice from Cervini's. My brother in law has it on his car.

If you are looking for a scoop type, also check out the "67" replica hood from Cervini's.
It's a tribute to the 67 Shelby hoods with a Shelby look-alike scoop molded into the hood.
Scoop is open to let air into the engine bay for a bit of cooling.
It may cause under hood pressure at high speeds though.
Definitely good idea to have hood pins with that hood.

So yesterday i was up home in Tracadie, woke up early and went to my buddy's garage and installed my new (to me) hood. Super happy with the end result, but as i EVERY things we do to our cars, it wasn't done without hurdles....
I wasn't prepared to the fact the hood bolts were going to be a smaller diameter than the OEM, and that i needed longer bolts at the hood latch. Fortunately enough, my buddy have, probably TOO MANY spare parts of everything in his garage, so we were able to secure four new hood bolts with washers and two longer bolts with washers for the hood latch. What should have taken 20-30 minutes to install took the better part of 1h30 hour, by the time we tested and found bolts that would fit!!
Picture #1 below is of the car with my OEM hood. For those of you that know the car and seen it up close, despite the gloss in the picture, the thing was ''rusting'' at the front lip as they all do somewhere in their lifetime, and it was starting on the underside, both sides of the hood.
Picture #2 to #5 are through install and installed.
DISCLAIMER: THIS HOOD IS NOT PERFECT!!! For the price i've got it for (thanks Charlie for the find), it is in an extremely awesome find. Surprizingly, i find this unit to be heavier than my stock aluminum hood, but it wasn't for weight i was doing this to begin with, more of a ''getting rid of rust'' thing.

After it was installed I did correct the paint with Chemical Guys V36 cutting polish and coated it with 1 layer of Dodo Juice Hard Candy Wax.

yes, the 4.6L badges will go! Just didn't have the time to remove them as installing the hood.

Here it is!!!

Been a while since I've updated the build list, but a couple of small changes have happened in the course of the last few weeks. WARNING, LONG POST!!

I stumbled on Instagram on a post of some mustang guy in the states that I am following that he have ordered a flip key from ebay and it successfully replaces the lovely key + keyfob combo we have in the S197 mustangs. So I did the same as well. Ordered both the key from Ebay and the little 14mm running horse sticker for the back of the fob. Now, speak about an easy mod!! it took me no more than literally a MINUTE to program in my driveway. It starts the car (of course), lock and unlocks doors + trunk and even trigger the panic. You have to have your two original keys from the car to program it yourself, if not it's a costly trip to the dealer to have it done by them.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/live.staticflickr.com\/65535\/48311371562_34c9e7d191_k.jpg"}[/IMG2]

During my provincial inspection, I had made my local garage install my relocation brackets (from Whiteline Suspensions) for my rear control arms. they only been in my basement for a year you know! :) Oh what a difference that made in the terms of putting power to the ground as it's supposed to. the result also made the ride a little more tolerable on the bouncy/bumpy roads, and I mean a LITTLE.... next up were the Bilstein rear shocks which I had installed last week during my quick trip in Tracadie. There the bouncy feeling of the back of the car due to Eibach prokit + OEM socks struts is gone. the car feels way stiffer, but on the comfortable side of stiff. When more expendable income gets in next year, i'll plan on the front struts to match (they are so damn expensive lol). Here's a picture showing both modifications at once. Cannot wait to get to try these on the autocross course next week!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/live.staticflickr.com\/65535\/48292621367_1a90dd0c12_k.jpg"}[/IMG2]

and then... eye candy AND function at the same time. Thanks to Phil this time, I've scored these GT500 wheels on Kijiji for a good deal! Really guys (Charlie, Phil), I got to thank you for your finds really! You really have the ways to make me spend ;) . 18x9.5 dressed in 275/40/18 square setup Firestone Firehawk Indy500. It is my second set of these tires and I still love them crazy. (my old set still have a good summer left (they are showing in the shock picture)... oh well :) )
This should also help the old girl kind of hold down to the pavement on the autocross course! Now, for the money shots.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/live.staticflickr.com\/65535\/48311269161_0413f24c80_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/live.staticflickr.com\/65535\/48311377932_f29d6755a0_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/live.staticflickr.com\/65535\/48311375072_e00f2292f1_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/live.staticflickr.com\/65535\/48311262081_e7fc25d3f6_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Now, what to do with the old wheels? Who knows, not decided yet :) I've also installed the MBRP axle back exhaust on her as I wasn't able to cope with the damn drone of the ones that I bought it with. Owner before me wouldn't want to pay a lot I guess because they had cut in the factory axle back and welded no names mufflers. as much as from outside the sound was good, mean and deep, hello mother of drone at 85-105kmd/h !! just unbearable. so out with that old, in with the new sound! (no pictures of these, video would be nice tho!! )
I still have in my basement my Whiteline Suspensions front and rear swaybars that I haven't got the chance to install just yet, as well as Bill's watts link now (also whiteline, thanks god since whiteline's rear sway bar is made to go well with this unit). Gear oil is also bought. I will probably wait a little, give my bank account a little time to get back from this summer's heart attack before doing the next round of installations! Maybe the old girl will rumble a little more next summer as well! :)

2001BlackGTvert;n31938 said:
Love that new key fob....wonder if it works on mine. Lol

Honestly it must be, you guys have the same key + fob assembly we have. i'll quick check ;) I'm curious now haha

Yeah I believe we do but I have heard of some having to grind the plastic around the ignition a bit with our models but I need do some research though on this. Love the idea and look.

Back