2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

2001BlackGTvert;n31943 said:
Yeah I believe we do but I have heard of some having to grind the plastic around the ignition a bit with our models but I need do some research though on this. Love the idea and look.

I couldn't tell what would be involved into making this key work with the new edge, seems like the programming of the fob is the exact same procedure as i've done with mine to actually make it lock/unlock/trunk/panic, but i do not find anyone actually program the ''start chip'' in the key for those years. All keys i find on ebay are all related to the S197 generation in a way or another.
Crazy sidenote: i've bought that key for something like $39.99 plus $4 of shipping for a guy on ebay a month ago. The same key NOW is being sold by that guy for over $200CAD!!!! Crazy guy!!

Fun GT;n31949 said:
Looks real sharp Max and I heard it during the our last run, sounds really good !!! Nice job !! That car does not look the same at all as when you first got it !!!

Thank you i appreciate!! No indeed, it cam ( ;) haha ) a long way from the car it once have been, but as all mustang still have quite a lot ahead of it on the list of mods!! :)

S197CS;n31964 said:
I couldn't tell what would be involved into making this key work with the new edge, seems like the programming of the fob is the exact same procedure as i've done with mine to actually make it lock/unlock/trunk/panic, but i do not find anyone actually program the ''start chip'' in the key for those years. All keys i find on ebay are all related to the S197 generation in a way or another.
Crazy sidenote: i've bought that key for something like $39.99 plus $4 of shipping for a guy on ebay a month ago. The same key NOW is being sold by that guy for over $200CAD!!!! Crazy guy!!

Yeah i would guess it is a little different. Going to do some digging You got the key cut where?

Well, Discussing at last weekend's Taylor Ford show had me wondering: How would it look to take the same picture of the car, same place, roughly a year and two months later? Well, here's the answer!! 4X4 mode and everything! :rofl

Sure makes me realize how far this car has gone now.

Bon, Suspense is over. Tried to get decent startup videos of the last round of mods, but still settled to publish the ones you will find in the two youtube links below.

Installed FRPP Hot Rod camshafts, along with Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates early last week (Thanks Marc!!!), PLUS since it was at a shop, made them install the whiteline Suspension front and rear Sway bars.
Suspension wise, the car feels finally tighter, and i am able to take corners with even more speed and stability than usual. i will have to fiddle with the sway bars settings to make the car completely neutral, as i believe to feel a touch of oversteer right now. I love the improvement!!

Cams and plates: loving the new sound like crazy (follow these below links for a cold start + a hot idle), but the power and driveability difference is what is magical. I feel that once i'm taken off the stop, the car feels smoother that it ever was with the stock cams + other tune i was running. at highway speeds, it almost feels like the engine is quieter than it was with the OEM cams. Power wise, oh gosh do i love the changes! Bulk of the power added is found up higher in the RPM range, but what i can tell that i am actually happy about is that i didn't really loose any ''feel-able'' power in the mid range. I thought i was going to feel a huge dip in power in 2k-4k range, but it is quite manageable and actually still perfectly driveable. I'm telling you: there's almost no ''real'' loss of power in the useable range. OK ... YES at low speed in a parking lot it can be, jerky. But other than that and being in rush hour traffic, the car is a blast to drive and feels actually wayyyy smoother than it was with the OEM cams. weird, but true :)
I can say i am 100% impressed with the tune i am running, from Unleashed Tuning. They do pretty much the whole Ford lineup, go sneak on their website or facebook page, it's nice!

so here are the talked about vids. THEY WERE TAKEN THROUGH iPhone 7+, I KNOW QUALITY IS NOT A1. It will do for a good teaser now tho :) ENJOY!!

https://youtu.be/YeXycITK0Bs

https://youtu.be/P66XA57LUm8

Got to say, the motor does sounds smoother idling than it did when on the OEM's BUT i still am kind of stressed since it have been opened and closed haha. The stress is a little higher when i hear the cam phasers trying to understand what the heck is going on LOL (you don't need phaser limiters with these cams, nor do you need new valve springs, but the phasers DO produce odd noises here and there on idle, which sounds kinda scary lol.)
But i am learning to live with that noise, and new found power quite good i would say!! :rolleyes: :D

Mineral Grey;n33412 said:
Sounds good, I've thought of doing that as well , but thought I would loose my low end torque and would have to boost it to get it back .. Keep up the build ..

I thought I would loose a LOT MORE than what I lost. Should you be able to make it to the island, we should find a couple minutes so you at least try it or come for a quick ride along.... It's wayyy better than I was ready to loose. Very street-able, highway is very good as well.
seriously do not find any problems. Haven't been a week since the install yet, but i've already put in her +/- 8-900kms last weekend, i am confident any install quirks would have came out by now. BUT, low speed in a side street (read 2nd gear, 1500-2k RPM), you'll have the cam jerk once in a while, but no dead torque at a point of screwing up drive ability.

S197CS;n33418 said:
I thought I would loose a LOT MORE than what I lost. Should you be able to make it to the island, we should find a couple minutes so you at least try it or come for a quick ride along.... It's wayyy better than I was ready to loose. Very street-able, highway is very good as well.
seriously do not find any problems. Haven't been a week since the install yet, but i've already put in her +/- 8-900kms last weekend, i am confident any install quirks would have came out by now. BUT, low speed in a side street (read 2nd gear, 1500-2k RPM), you'll have the cam jerk once in a while, but no dead torque at a point of screwing up drive ability.

Max, you'll need to make the dyno run next spring and get your tune dialed in. A great run to get a feel for the before and after of Pete's work!

S197CS;n33418 said:

I'm surprised you did cam phasers. This means the loss of variable cam timing, which was available with these cams.
VCT would help a bit with the low end but not to the point to get it back to stock. That's gone.

What you need now is a set of gears. 3.73 work well with these or 3.93, even more torque multiplication, pull and smiles.
This will move your rpms up at any given speed, thus putting you back closer to or in the power and torque band.
This will help that jerking you describe at slow parking lot speeds.
You don't need to go to 4.10. They're fun but there's a price on long runs.

These cams are safe with stock valve train up to 6800 rpm. So your Tuner could set your redline at 6500 with a safety net.
This will give you back a few hundred rpm that you theoretically lose with the gear upgrade.
Cams should be driven at higher rpm in all conditions. This means adjusting driving habits.
Consider a lower gear then before. Drive each gear to a higher rpm before each shift.
In traffic drive 2nd and 3rd longer. Drive 4th now where you might have used 5th before.
The low rpm jerking will become the exception.

They are fun though, and you are right. They run smoother then people expect.
Enjoy!

I do enjoy them very well, thanks ?. What i meant with the phasers is that they now try to find themselves. Haven’t changed them, but because of it they tend to chatter sometimes, like trying to adjust to new lobes creating some valve train noises at idle once in a while. Nothing major, doesn’t kill the fun ?.

Ha! I don't remember what they sounded like with stock manifolds.
Don't worry about it then. It's long tubes you need to drown out that noise.

Seriously, these cams are manufactured by the same supplier that builds the stock cams for these cars.
Hence they have access to all the OE proprietary information and they designed them to be safe with the stock valve train and to retain the VCT.
If your valve train and associated hardware was fine prior to the install, then it is not these cams that will harm anything in the valve train.
That's the nice thing about them being Ford Racing, They're completely safe.

Back