2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

As loy of you know, up in person the car’s paint had seen better days. Took the whole day, but was able to bring her back from the dead. Not perfect, but a world of difference! Oh, and i mighr have done something else.... :)
photo2267.jpg photo2272.jpg

Attachments

• photo2268.jpg
    photo2268.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo2269.jpg
    photo2269.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 2
  • photo2270.jpg
    photo2270.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo2271.jpg
    photo2271.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks guys! for the ones who want to know, here's the extend of the trouble I gave myself this weekend to have it look like it does now.

- wash (of course)
- clay bar
- Chemical guys V36 cutting polish, using an orange cutting pad on the DA polisher (removed ALL of those last 10 years of neglect)
- Meguiars 205 finishing polish using a blue pad on the DA polisher (to remove the marring from previous step)
- hand applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

** will be following this week with a coat or two of the DODO JUICE Hard candy wax to try and add to this gloss. will post picture of the finished product then again

First autocross event in two years, first one in the mustang, it was a blasttt!!! Work on the suspension is definitely a must, but it still performed better than i was expecting. For anyone wondering, the Firestone Firehawk indy500 did a great job!! Must say they are under 2000kms too lol. Looking forward to the next regional events.

Photo credit Darlene Tower

Attachments

• photo2315.jpg
    photo2315.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1
  • attach22691.jpg
    attach22691.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1
Nice pic. Looks like fun.
Trevor is 100% right and you won't know what you don't know until you work on it.
You'll wish you had worked on suspension the very first thing of all.
It'll be dramatically different and you're going to have a "Haaa" moment.

Can’t wait to fiddle with this suspension! Already have low kms eibach prokit sitting here in my basement And a whiteline adjustable panhard. Already eye balling rear lca+relo brackets, gt500 front lower a arms, sway bars.... arhhhh!
Do the brakes 1st, do the brakes 1st do the brakes......1st?

I'm not sure if you're really asking but I see question marks in your brakes first, brakes first ? line.
If you are seeking advice or opinion, I would counsel do the suspension first.
These cars have pretty good brakes compared to rest of the car.
I did a couple track sessions in my 05 on stock brakes. Did not hurt anything.
I noticed more return on investment with suspension.
And make sure you pair those Eibach springs with good dampers in one shot.
Saves you having to go back later to finish the job.
I'm very pleased with Bilstein HD's. They're designed for lowered cars. Properly tuned.
If you need to make room in your budget, I would hold off on those GT500 front lower A arms unless you have bad bushings and have to replace for safety reasons.
The stock A arms are very beefy from the factory. GT 500 are the same except stiffer bushings, but still rubber.
Difference here will be marginal only. You will get more benefit from dampers.
Another great add on that will get you good benefit is Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates.
Reason is that these replace the rubber upper strut mount with a spherical bearing.
Keeps the top of strut from deflecting in cornering. You will notice this benefit more than the A arms.
Also best time to do this is while doing springs and dampers, to keep you from going back in later.
If you need to make more room in budget to accommodate this, wait on the sway bars.
You can always do the sway bars at a later date convenient to you without affecting previous work.
You don't have to pay labor twice.
Adjustable panhard a big plus with poly bushings. You will notice this difference instantly, plus re-center rear axle on lowered cars.
Rear LCA's with relocation brackets also big plus to restore traction on lowered cars.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight Marc! Will have to do struts next.... but not really worried on paying twice. Will revisit the whole suspension myself w/ some help (did my coilovers myself on my old mazda 3 :). )
Good to know that actually i can rely more than i though on the stock brakes, although i want to do fluid very shortly. Might permit shock in next year budget..... might post pone that long the whole install? I don’t know anymore haha! Will think all my avenues a little more...
Decisions decisions :)

Glad to shed insight. Anytime.
It is good idea to do brake fluid. DOT 4 is the way to go.
Synthetic even better. Motul is good.
But around here Lucas synthetic is available on Canadian Tire shelves.
Easily accessible.
SS lines also improve pedal feel and modulation.
Cheap and can be carried over to future hardware upgrades.
Good investment.

you can buy Ford performance Dot 4 also.
its what is in my car and the experts tested it
and it was very close to Motul which is considered one of the best.

Back