Winter Mods

Well you know you guys are always more than welcome to stop by anytime !!
Winter party......ah well there's an idea but you gotta travel all the way up to god's winter land ........but bonus is that there are no last call limit hours......lol
Charlie the lighting comes from Costco, ordered some other ones on Amazon and they didn't do the job but these are real good...

Not necessarily a winter mod, but after seeing how much fluid the Ford Performance oil separators on the car collected, I decided a while back to get a JLT model for the passenger side of the truck. Just got the drivers side done not too long ago....when it wasn't snowing....and similarly to the car, the passenger side collects the majority. Drivers side on both vehicles remain pretty much dry, but for added peace of mind, what the heck.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenC...ucts_id=1105&zenid=m45d9tmoqrdjo85h14o0fdu0t6

I actually like the JLT ones better than the Ford Performance ones, they're billet aluminum, and you just unscrew the tank to empty them. FP separators have a bunch of allen screws you have to take out, then you need a syringe or a rag to remove the collected fluid. Still, for the car, the FP ones look like they're supposed to be there, so thats why I went with them. More likely the hood will be up on the car than the truck, plus the truck is a daily driver, so its a mess under the hood anyway.

Only other project for the car will be the TSB to correct the gap between the rear bumper cover and the rear quarter panel, but thats down the road, as I'm still waiting for parts availability in Canada.

Last edited:
Is still winter if the stang isn't on the road? Had hoped to get some work done before the spring run. Have a BBK 85mm TB in hand. Boss 302 manifold and Steeda strut tower brace on its way. BBK longtubes and catted x-pipe on backorder. Plan was to get parts in, strut brace powder coated deep impact blue, have a Steeda tune to load after it's all together. Now work trips to Toronto .& Ottawa won't have me able to get the car out til May 2nd, so little chance to give it a good run to Oxford.

Reading the threads of what everybody is up to has me wanting to get online & order more. Is there a Mustang mod 12 step group anywhere??!

This forum is more of an enabling group than anything. Thought my list above would do it for this season. After reading what others are doing now has me looking at suspension, shifters, brake kits and tires & wheels. Only advice I seem to get at home is to make sure I save enough to pay for the divorce, if I order anything else!!!

thats funny, just say ok, but the mustangs mine in the divorce LOL
Ok say but not to loud :)

Well I bit the bullett ( pun intended ) I ordered new Brakes all around.
Will change brake fluid again, another oil change.
I finally ordered MM caster camber plates and passenger side oil separator.
Couple weeks ok, put in order for another set of tires,
So I will have when time comes this summer.
They are not tires you tend to get fast :)

She can keep the house, I'll keep the Mustang but will need something better than a convertible to sleep in over the winter!

Wow, you R guys go through brakes and tires like crazy, I'm still on the originals at 17k.

Then again though, I've had no track days either.

Back