Fab all the brake lines
Fab all the fuel lines
(if time) Fab and install caster/camber plates
Fab and install full subframe connectors
Fab and install Panhard bar
(if time) Fab and install torque arm
Relocate battery to in floor battery box on passenger rear
Mufflers and tailpipes

May or may not be ready for paint in the spring.

Maintenance items not strictly modifications:

Full drivers side floor pan replacement
Lower cowl rust through repair (have to remove windshield and upper cowl)
Roof corner rust repair.
Assorted other small rust repairs.

Whew, maybe a winter and summer there to finish all that......LOL!

Last edited:
Going to replace the Shocks, struts, install GT500 strut mounts , maybe brake pads , mostly general replace the worn out stuff - miles take their toll so make it better when replacing and drive some more!

If you go for the brake pad replacement I highly recommend the Hawk ceramic pads that we put on my car. Really pleased with them.

Hawk brake pads are what's on mine. Once the time comes to replace them I will be going with the same

Well Christmas has gone and Santa's elves are now on vacation. I had hoped they would install some parts that were delivered but looks like they didn't read that part of the wish list and have left that job for me. Soon time for a small parts order , then get to work

Gerry is working on his upgrades to day.
Anyone else have plans this winter?
Post them up, with pics is always preferred :)

Thanks to some "Others" who have modified early my mustang is getting some tired parts replaced . Here is the " to be installed pile "at the start of the day. After taking the rear wheels off it looks like a set of tires are now on the the wish list as well!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 0
Got started Saturday afternoon on the rear of the car. Cleaned out the trunk to get at the top shock mounts and then removed the original GT rear shocks, removed the convertible braces , unhooked the sway bar links and lowered the diff to access the top link. the plan was to change the chassis side bracket to a much stronger welded design. After removing the rear seat and dropping the fuel tank to get the original bracket out I found the stronger design bracket in my possession was manufactured crooked and won't fit. The good thing is the original design shows no signs of stress so back in it went. Rear shocks were replaced with low KM GT500 take off's, making the rear suspension - shocks , sway bar and links all from a GT500 and a Saleen Watts Link.
After all suspension hardware was retightened I moved to the rear brakes. IMG_0828.JPG

The pads were not that old but had been heat tested on the MAA50TH stop on route 129. total wear was only about 3mm with a small bit of taper but when the rear of the rotors were inspected replacement was required IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG

L
Looking closer I see the rear rotors on my GT must have been changed early in life, before I owned it as they were not originals. Maybe this explains the pitting seen in 4 spots around the rotor , looks like it could be rust from storage? interaction between pad and rotor? or heat damage? I don't remember this damage being present 3 years ago when I had previously replaced the pads. Oh well

Another trip to the spare parts bin was in order where a great set of used low KM Ford rotors were found.
A quick clean up with some sandpaper which was required anyway by the pad manufacturer and we are back in business IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

I will have to wait until spring to follow the burnishing instructions as the driveway is not long enough for the required speeds on the box IMG_0833.JPG

Thanks to Brian for the help throughout this portion of the garage project. With Brian's thoughtful deliveries the coffee level remained constant during the various component installs.
Maybe next weekend the front end parts will begin to swap out.

Last edited:
During the upgrades I have found that I've got another upgrade to do - Rear tires are toast - I guess about 60,000k is all I'm going to get out of my Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's

Last edited:
I think those rotors were off my 08 ( maybe)
From what everyone says, you should love the hawk pads.

If you do any work next weekend send me a text and I can pop over. Either for coffee flow, lending hand or just moral support lol. Plus I get a chance to see how it's done ?

Back