Winter Mods

I put the set of tires on in September 2014 before the Gaspe run. Guess I drove more than I thought I had the last 2 years. More miles equals more smiles !

I have a long list, but in reality, from what my bank statements show, it might just be a short list.. The musts are : new hood (GT500) style, 3.73 rear gears, and LTH's...not sure about the suspension and handling components. Thinking of an upgrade, but tbh I don't know if they have already been done. I've had some people say it drives an handles awesome. Anyone know what to look for to see if they are stock or not? With this being my first Mustang I've got nothing to compare..

Yeah gears make a huge difference for sure.

As for the handling how do you find it. My opinion is if most are saying it handles good and you find it does as well spend your hard earned money on the gears, LTH and the hood.

I find its pretty good, it seems planted in the corners, and since i put on the top strut support ,the overall ride has improved as well. I would say I am happy with it right now. Until someone that has theirs upgraded and takes me for a spin and I notice a big difference, then maybe I'll look at it again ..that'll free up $ for a one piece aluminum drive shaft..

Mineral Grey;n12423 said:
I have a long list, but in reality, from what my bank statements show, it might just be a short list.. The musts are : new hood (GT500) style, 3.73 rear gears, and LTH's...not sure about the suspension and handling components. Thinking of an upgrade, but tbh I don't know if they have already been done. I've had some people say it drives an handles awesome. Anyone know what to look for to see if they are stock or not? With this being my first Mustang I've got nothing to compare..
Have a look at my build page, the basics are there plus or minus a few parts. If you want to go all out have a look at helimech's build page on here.

I've waited and watched and the CND dollar was not heading upwards so I bit the bullet and another US parts order was placed. Just watch , now that the billing is complete the Canadian dollar should climb 10 cents in the next week!

Been waiting a few years now to order a set of wheels that are only available in the U.S. Guess I'm gonna have to do the same and bite the bullet too as with Trump there now I can't see anything positive coming out of this soon !!

It's going to be an interesting ride down there. Can it get any worse? I'd hang on for a bit.

Ordered an MGW Short Throw Shifter for the Tremec 3650 in my 01 BULLITT today.

3650.jpg

With Standard Handle that gives a 30% shorter shift.

Ordered a new Shift Ball Too. The Factory Ball scorches the hand if exposed to direct sunlight in the hottest months.

So I ordered one of these :

Getting one in Black, with MGW on side.

ball-splash.jpg

Got a confirmation e mail from them advising that every shifter is made to order and should ship within 2 to 3 days, or could take 3 to 4 weeks if they had to manufacture a part.

Cervini hood is now in the garage , 3.73 gears are ordered and CS style chin spoiler is ordered. Hope to bring the Mustang home in 3 weeks so I can have the hood and nose painted and gears installed. Also been hovering on the purchase button for the smoked vector taillights !. But at $450 US!. I might just wait a bit ..

Back