What did you do to your mustang today

It's absolutely noisier with the top up.Like an echo chamber sometimes.I have ordered the Borla mid range but have heard there may be a supply problem and am waiting to hear if they can get it or not.
I think the ford racing are made by borla too..I know a couple of guys that got that one instead of the borla and the sound was very similar if not the same.

Yes, Borla is contracted to make the systems for Ford Performance.
They are not even trying to hide that fact.
They are advertised and sold as “Ford Performance by Borla...” axle back or cat back, whatever the case may be.
The question now becomes “made by” -does it mean “Same as” Or does Fordhave a different bafflement/ hole size specified.

Yah, No!
I’ve had the opportunity to to hear and see/touch both.
I believe Ford has their own specs.
They’re not identical in appearance and there is slight differences in sound.
Similar but not identical.

They also have different offerings.
For example, on the S550 GT touring option, Borla only sells that as a cat back package which includes Borla’s own version of a less restrictive resonator.
No option for complete resonator delete with the Borla touring package.

While Ford gives option of buying as axle back or cat back, and the Ford cat back option does delete the resonator with an X pipe.
So not identical specs between the two.

If shopping, I would advise to do same research and due diligence between Borla and Ford as one would with all other brands.
Don’t assume they are identical.

A blessing...totally. I strategically choose when the hearing aids are "out of battery"... especially when the kids or the wife are in a bad mood...but honestly I think like it’s a lot of personal taste about the sound that you want on your car. And sometimes you have to try. I am trying the roush, but kept the stock ones, in case I change my mind.

Last edited:
I agree with Marc, you can bet Ford has own specs.
IMO this is very tricky, everything changes the sound,
From performance upgrades to types and size of pipes,
type of resonators, X or Y systems to types of headers.
Gears, auto, manual and the list goes on.

Oh and your hearing, tones are aslightly different for all if us.

All of these things change, for me videos don't come close to real sound,
finding as close as you can to the car you drive with that exhaust is the only way your going to know.
do as much homework as you can and truly understand what your buying,
the second you put on car its used and not worth much if you don't like it.

Buyer beware is very important with this.

Yah, you can never do too much research when it comes to exhaust, I've probably posted way too many times about how much I hated the sound of my '06 after the long tubes were installed.....wasn't bad at lower revs, but if you got on it, the sound was horrendous. Incidentally, I swapped out the mufflers just after I got the car, and years before the long tubes were installed. I ordered from FRPP, and was quite happy with them......can't recall the model, but they were definitely Borla. Used an FRPP X-pipe over the factory H-pipe, but the Kooks were one step too far.

Anyway, I got my oil change done this morning, fuel stabilizer in, topped up with 93, wash and then dried using my leaf blower, and the cover is on.

Email to my insurance broker to say.....thats a wrap for this season. Less than 2000 km since last year.....better luck next year !!!!

Yah, you can never do too much research when it comes to exhaust, I've probably posted way too many times about how much I hated the sound of my '06 after the long tubes were installed.....wasn't bad at lower revs, but if you got on it, the sound was horrendous. Incidentally, I swapped out the mufflers just after I got the car, and years before the long tubes were installed. I ordered from FRPP, and was quite happy with them......can't recall the model, but they were definitely Borla. Used an FRPP X-pipe over the factory H-pipe, but the Kooks were one step too far.

Anyway, I got my oil change done this morning, fuel stabilizer in, topped up with 93, wash and then dried using my leaf blower, and the cover is on.

Email to my insurance broker to say.....thats a wrap for this season. Less than 2000 km since last year.....better luck next year !!!!
I am Jealous, you can buy 93, no where to be had here :(
Sad its over for another year, season was short and ending quickly.

I agree on exhaust, everything is such a fine line, I have gone to far before also.
tough conversation, mostly because so many options and personally preferences
vary so much.

I am Jealous, you can buy 93, no where to be had here :(
Sad its over for another year, season was short and ending quickly.

I agree on exhaust, everything is such a fine line, I have gone to far before also.
tough conversation, mostly because so many options and personally preferences
vary so much.
I was just going to ask where to find 93....perhaps @mineralgrey has a secret spot?

Back