vacations

My daughter closed her business today (owns a beauty salon) for two weeks being that she has been dealing with clients that return from down south trips and do not self isolate. She did not want to take the chance and transmit anything especially to her elderly clients who are in high numbers. Now she has 3 employees plus herself with no income for at least 2 weeks and unable to access unemployment insurance and government offers no help at all as it is a self-employed business. Nice part about this is government employees received an email saying if they feel ill or have symptoms that they will cover their time off sick, at no cost to them. That is great support and if used accordingly an awesome defense tactic, but I get the feeling some will definitely take advantage of such a good offer, so the rest of us may end up working short handed I would suspect ?? Now I can't help but feel bad for all the remaining small business people that take a caring decision but have no support whatsoever.

My daughter closed her business today (owns a beauty salon) for two weeks being that she has been dealing with clients that return from down south trips and do not self isolate. She did not want to take the chance and transmit anything especially to her elderly clients who are in high numbers. Now she has 3 employees plus herself with no income for at least 2 weeks and unable to access unemployment insurance and government offers no help at all as it is a self-employed business. Nice part about this is government employees received an email saying if they feel ill or have symptoms that they will cover their time off sick, at no cost to them. That is great support and if used accordingly an awesome defense tactic, but I get the feeling some will definitely take advantage of such a good offer, so the rest of us may end up working short handed I would suspect ?? Now I can't help but feel bad for all the remaining small business people that take a caring decision but have no support whatsoever.
The current situation will have very broad impacts and many will touch us directly, as in you case Roger. We will need to consider how well some of us with protected benefits can support small business operators as they try to recover. BuYing gift certificates, shopping remotely or even sending a note of encouragement will hopefully aid in helping operators persevere.

the government did announce today small business can access $5000 immediately
if require. Difference between business and people is it will be a loan.
but could be helpful. Her employee can get EI with no waiting period, so money would be quick.

I received and e-mail tonight, delaying tax returns, owed monies with no interest and penalties.
also delaying safety inspections and sticker for vehicles, this will be main stream news tomorrow.

Travel, well cancelling stuff has been a joy, NOT
Because of the amount of airmiles I collect it plays a large part in my holidays.
problem is when it comes to cancelling, as I am learning not as easy.
Looks like I will get air-miles and money back for cruise
redtag and carnival, good to know for future bookings.
Hilton was the easiest, they implemented their own policy to
do returns even if you had a no cancelation policy,
another good thing to know

I booked flight through airmiles, ya well so far still waiting for call back. :(
I called tuesday, they said call 36 hours out, could not get through yesterday.
so 2.5 hours on phone I used live chat and said I would get call back, ahh well not yet, 5 hours later.
End of day is 7pm, so running out of time, I used live chat again, I was assured I would get a call.
I got an email incase they don't and had enough of conversation which I saved to file, so if required
I will have proof I did what I was suppose to. Painful is being polite.

I understand they are busy, but they have not done anything after telling me the protocol which I followed.
Can't do it via email or any other way but phone arrrrrggggg.

Hopefully you get it straightened out Trevor. I know how frustrating it can be.

My wife is in involved in the travel industry so to speak. She works for one of the Canadian Airlines in the call centre side of it. To say that the last few weeks have been hell would be an understatement. Both for people trying to cancel and make changes as well as the staff. Nobody would have predicted what we are all going trough that's for sure. At the end of this all hopefully everyone gets their credits they are supposed too. I know that at the end of all of this the layoffs in the airline, travel industry, and more are going to be unheard of. That part really sucks.

Everyone's patience seems to be wearing thinner and thinner every day. Almost by the hour.

Hopefully the economy bounces back sooner then later after we all pull trough this. How long that will be is still unclear.

Check the WHO COVID 19 outbreak page..... islands in the south Pacific will become hotspot when tour companies try to regain ground on vacation packages. Charter flights with physical distancing seating packages, private yacht charters. The high rollers won't miss a beat and will have the choice of everything. Traveling on a budget....plan on a picnic at the beach with expensive coldcut sandwiches.

I reckon that RV sales are going to go up, so people can take vacations without getting too close to other people.

Tough call on the RV thing. Was speaking with local dealer and sales are horrible with the present situation plus the dollar not helping as RV prices are sky high at the moment. On the other hand used units may hold great deals ??

Back