Tire suggestions/Mod discussions

Yeah I agree they seem to be a well balanced and decent sounding unit. People are commenting that driveabilty is very good with no issues that I have found so far.

The 2v does not have variable cam timing. It appears to have started in 05 with the 4.6 3v.

Last edited:
Sound being a consideration for sure but on a V8 I doubt the majority of cams would be described or perceived as having bad sound.

Feedback on how they drive and perform also very important.
Do they start easy?
Do they have a decent idle?
How much low end torque do they give up?
Is there much sputter from a dead stop?
Are they smooth at higher rpm’s or under load at wot? Any vibration or harmonics?

If you are able to get feedback on these points and it is good feedback, then maybe sound need not be the dominant deciding criteria

I recall years back when the hot rod cams came out, Comp Cams had the Mutha Thumpr cams.
They enjoyed a good following because of a sound that many people liked.
However, as years went by their popularity wained because they did not match the hot rod cams for performance.
They got great reviews for sound though.

Sound being a consideration for sure but on a V8 I doubt the majority of cams would be described or perceived as having bad sound.

Feedback on how they drive and perform also very important.
Do they start easy?
Do they have a decent idle?
How much low end torque do they give up?
Is there much sputter from a dead stop?
Are they smooth at higher rpm’s or under load at wot? Any vibration or harmonics?

If you are able to get feedback on these points and it is good feedback, then maybe sound need not be the dominant deciding criteria

I recall years back when the hot rod cams came out, Comp Cams had the Mutha Thumpr cams.
They enjoyed a good following because of a sound that many people liked.
However, as years went by their popularity wained because they did not match the hot rod cams for performance.
They got great reviews for sound though.
Yes good points Marc. Sound is not everything. I am working in compiling answers to some of the questions you mentioned and you gave me a few more. Will see how it goes. Lol

How are TDOT Performance to deal with.
I've made both exhaust purchases from them. Very good to communicate with and knowledgable. Did price comparison on long tubes and mid pipes and they were the best. Wouldn't hesitate in offering a positive recommendation. They do have a sign up discount code for first purchase. I just popped the 2and order into the shopping cart and left it a day, they came back with an incentive discount.

Well I got my 2 front wheels this afternoon and installed them. Went out for a little spin tonight. I must say I am totally impressed with the ride quality of the Toyo Extensa HP 2's. No darting with the Staggered setup at all that I noticed. They corner very well under a bit of spirited driving also. Will see with more seat time but so far I am impressed and happy with them.

D74E012D-092B-4EAF-9B83-58777032F45A.jpeg8FA248AE-E1F9-4461-A3CE-AD35FFA2B9B5.jpeg75E8E0BA-B29B-4CC2-81D2-0CFE2A193F8A.jpeg87F73049-8E69-4750-9801-5A88493B2EDA.jpegAF922060-E4ED-4006-8272-059838C51694.jpeg

Back