Thought of the day.

No need for November gales here.
Heavy rain here since yesterday afternoon.
But tomorrow supposed to be sunny and 12 to 14 for high, so was thinking maybe one last mini run.
Looked out window at 6:30 before dark sets in.

That four letter word stuff falling from sky.
SNOW.

Drive tomorrow may be off now.
Will have to go scout in morning to see if salters went out.

EE99F500-CCCD-44AC-94BC-7449AF6C9DF7.jpeg

Despite the bright sunshine, it was -3 with what water was in the driveway visibly frozen at 8 this morning.
Only 5 degrees by 11:00 and everything still wet with little sign of drying out.
Some chance salters got out for a few intersections or highway ramps.
Didn’t go check, but likelihood some roads will remain damp most of the day, especially in shade.
Decided season was over.
No run today.
Will take collision coverage off tomorrow on the 2015 and look forward to next summer.

Just like Marc weather here has been at best so so lately. Had a real slow Mustang season so putting it away just fits right in with 2020, hopefully next year will pick up ?? Been trying to find a good day to drive it down to strorage but weather hasn't cooperated much so will give it another shot today as sun is out, yeah !!
Two weeks ago we had real bad winds and neighbor's roof decided to take a hike ending up on roof of wife's car, 5000.00 in damages..........ouf thank god it wasn't on the Stang. lol

A disappointing summer for cruising, Roger! Missed you & Sally at the fall run, but know your world has been a busy one!

Now....given COVID takes the winter off.....are you still planning that MM sledding weekend?!! Or was that me just thinking out loud? ?

Yes me too Aaron I did miss the Fall Cruise and seeing all you guys.
Absolutely if any of you want to come up for a Sled run this winter I would be more than happy to take you around, this is snowmobile country after all ;).
And while on the subject I should have more time this winter as I have just put in my papers for retirement effective end of January. So you Fred, and I can start a retirement Mustang boys club !! lol

Yes me too Aaron I did miss the Fall Cruise and seeing all you guys.
Absolutely if any of you want to come up for a Sled run this winter I would be more than happy to take you around, this is snowmobile country after all ;).
And while on the subject I should have more time this winter as I have just put in my papers for retirement effective end of January. So you Fred, and I can start a retirement Mustang boys club !! lol
??? Congrats, Roger! A big step but a good time to go, given you're likely to put more miles on your sled than stang til next spring! All the best!

congrats on retiring Roger,
A club with you, Fred and Aaron could lead to all kinds of trouble.

On side note, if doable, winter sled thing could be Maritime mustang winter party
thing?? Not sure who all would make trip, but I would seriously consider it :)

Back