Thought of the day.

Sally (actually Mustang Sally) says Hi to the bunch !!!!

We are also looking to recruit a few strong and healthy Mustang friends who would be willing to volunteer some of their time in order to help us dig out the Mustang sometimes in early September so we can take part in the Fall Cruise. Thank you very much for your help in this matter as we would really like to attend again this year !!!

Well big rain yesterday and last night, washed most away. Long range ( not a lot of faith in this)
But, it looks like warm and more rain this week, this is a good sign for us Mustang folks.
I say earliest many of us will see the roads in many years. I excited to go away and now excited
for when I come back LOL.

Here in Halifax area there was a heavy rain yesterday and last night. I would say the roads are mostly clear of salt. Temperatures are warm enough there is no salt put down last night. A small window of opportunity of get the stangs out. Where did you leave the keys O2BBAD?

I just got home at 6 am this morning, flight was delayed 3 hours.
Now seems calling for couple cm tonight and 10cm tomorrow night,
like a cruel joke. Rain later today, might have to go see what roads look like, see if any salt left.
Anyone been out yet? Its getting closer:)

Ya no kidding, I salted last night, not a lot but still did it.
Looks like some more crap tonight.

hope your right, I was out all night, scraping stuff off and salting.
I have less than a ton of salt left, would prefer not to buy more now.
Want to do repairs to my container.

More important I want to drive my car :)

Took dad's Mustang out of storage in Bouctouche last Saturday. The next night I crossed Nova Scotia through a friggin snowstorm.

Nothing like topping the hill by the causeway and seeing the 'CAUSEWAY CLOSED' LED sign. Then seeing it switch to 'FOR VEHICLE OVER 2.5M IN HEIGHT'.

I have been in wreck house in NFLD, thats something to see in a storm also.
Crazy wind. trucks waiting at top of hill for road to open.
-10 last night, and looks like +9 and rain on Friday.
We had so much rain over the last month won't take much to clean
up the said down now.

Well looks like 20mm of rain here friday and decent long range ( not that I have faith in that)
Hopefully will wash the salt off the roads we put down Monday night.
Does anyone know what its like out see of HRM. Road wise?
Hopefully soon driving season.

92LX302;n3011 said:
Took dad's Mustang out of storage in Bouctouche last Saturday. The next night I crossed Nova Scotia through a friggin snowstorm.

Nothing like topping the hill by the causeway and seeing the 'CAUSEWAY CLOSED' LED sign. Then seeing it switch to 'FOR VEHICLE OVER 2.5M IN HEIGHT'.

I remember my drive back from Newfoundland through Cape Breton in late January 2015, Ferry was delayed 12 hours from Port au Basques , and had to engage 4WD Hi on the Highway in CB to get through drifts .

We're flying when we visit next Christmas. But it's always a nice drive and crossing when we visit each summer.

Sometimes I hate the fact, I check the weather 3/4 times a days.
Now Sunday is calling for 5 to 10 cm, hope they are wrong.
Mind you its Thursday night, likely change 6 more times yet.

well looks like the rain washed away the salt again, and Sat is looking good.
Maybe another quick drive.
Then Sun, another small blast of winter and more salt, which will take another rain or 2
to clean it up. Its getting closer :)

Back