Thought of the day.

Ok, so we’ve all herd tall tails from fisherman and hunters where the catch gets bigger with every telling of said story.

Well something similar happened to me this morning where the stakes got higher but has nothing to do with hunting or fishing.

Went into town with my wife to do groceries and took her by the dealership to show her a few wheel options for winter tires on her Escape.
Showed her a few vehicles on the lot to explain the difference between 17 and 18 inch wheels and so on.
If investing in new wheels, be a good time to get wheels for summer that are a size bigger for better summer look.

We drove her clean, 2018, low mileage Escape which has not seen winter yet and shod on 17 inch wheels.

4D0ABBE7-8C55-4879-B8C4-731D6AA3F4DA.jpeg

I was thinking a wheel like this in 18 inch size for summer.

E85C0BEF-6441-47D2-9DD5-D205DCA352AE.jpeg

Well she totally got it.
She saw and agreed that larger wheels do look good on vehicles, better than smaller wheels for the most part.
She got it so well that she decided she also liked the vehicle that the larger wheels were on.
I mean the whole vehicle.
She wants me to see if it’s feasible for us to trade the 2018 on a 2020 she just fell in love with.
She loved the colour and the one option hers is missing.
The now more and more common heated steering wheel.
They are both closely spec’d vehicles, being both SEL trim.
Both 2.0 litre ecoboost with leather, NAV and heated seats.
Ours listed in the $37000 range and the new on is in the $39000 range.
Being that it’s employee pricing time and the interest rate is half of what we are currently paying, I’m going to see if something can be done Monday.

This is the vehicle she liked.
Blue Metallic in colour.
Pic from Ford.ca build and price page.

0622E187-24FA-4684-B055-358C468E3B4F.png

Having worked for Ford for many years and lived in Detroit for 2.5 years there are a lot of stories that you hear, especially about Harry Bennett who ran Henry’s Service department, or put another way his enforcer! Google the battle of the overpass if you want a juicy one.

He owned the property pictured below on an island in the Detroit river (we lived nearby). Apparently he had a tunnel under the road to get to his garage and a speedboat beneath the house for a quick getaway.

Back