Snow Removal

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,

I know a few of you do your own snow removal and have actually shared your pictures and experience with certain brands of tractors and blowers. Show us what you have for gear we would love to see what you play in the snow with.

I will start. So I have had the same guy doing my snow removal for the lst 10 years. He was retired and did ours and a few others. This year he finally decided he was just going to do his on no set schedule. I can’t say I blame him. So the hunt for another company to do it started. Having 180 driveway with a turnaround the prices where coming in at 600-800 per season. Talked it over with the boss and decided why not invest in something newer to mow the lawn and clean the driveway with. I Currently used a John Deere L130. So the search began. I found a 2017 John Deere X580 Complete with a 42" cutting deck, 47" Snowblower and winter cab. Bremner Farms In Dalhousie had it. They delivered it on Friday. Super happy with our purchase and look forward to trying it out.

340E2218-658F-4F0E-8A98-12917DE85A11.jpegE3632001-D58A-49BD-95B5-58453682477F.jpegA75C057F-D737-4091-A76C-719F34BF8052.jpeg87058D96-58DC-4A1D-AAF0-E5BA55A7E051.jpeg481E055D-1197-4C75-A31A-094CEFEA9276.jpeg

Nice set up, I can tell you from experience that its a bit of an ouch up front with price, but after one winter all will be forgotten.

Definitely a good idea with the chains and suitcase weights, you can also get weights for the wheels as well.

I've got a 2001 425 I've had since 2013, cannot possibly overstate how much I love this machine for blowing snow.

Home Deere equipment is well built, I've been trouble free for seven years now, do yourself a favourite and hit the hardware store for some replacement shear pins for your augers, I use nylon insert nuts to hold them in place, I think they're 1/4" x 1" Grade 5 bolts, I usually pop a couple every year.

IMG_1579.jpeg

For perspective, the very first year I had the Deere, I opened the garage door to this one morning....glad I spent the money. lol

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

Last edited:
Charlie slick looking rig, experince has taught me, likely cheapper at 600 per season,
someone else doing it. That said, you can do a better job on your schedule.

One thing, I did not see a cup holder
Charlie slick looking rig, experince has taught me, likely cheapper at 600 per season,
someone else doing it. That said, you can do a better job on your schedule.

One thing, I did not see a cup holder :oops:
Thanks Trevor. Yes I know it is cheaper to get someone else to do it but I have it to mow the lawn as well and I uograde 12 years from the old tractor. And it does have a cup holder. Lol

Thanks Trevor. Yes I know it is cheaper to get someone else to do it but I have it to mow the lawn as well and I uograde 12 years from the old tractor. And it does have a cup holder. Lol
I actually think your ahead of the game.
Like you said upgrade for one,
besides, you will do far better job than plow guy,
just more detail on your own property

Nice set up, I can tell you from experience that its a bit of an ouch up front with price, but after one winter all will be forgotten.

Definitely a good idea with the chains and suitcase weights, you can also get weights for the wheels as well.

I've got a 2001 425 I've had since 2013, cannot possibly overstate how much I love this machine for blowing snow.

Home Deere equipment is well built, I've been trouble free for seven years now, do yourself a favourite and hit the hardware store for some replacement shear pins for your augers, I use nylon insert nuts to hold them in place, I think they're 1/4" x 1" Grade 5 bolts, I usually pop a couple every year.

View attachment 42214

For perspective, the very first year I had the Deere, I opened the garage door to this one morning....glad I spent the money. lol

View attachment 42215

View attachment 42217
Thanks. I look forward to trying it out. The previous Deere treated me well. The ouch is a bit much but at least I got it used so the previous owner took the loss. It is in great shape so I am ok with that. Yes I will be getting some pins for sure this week. Will buy a few. Thanks for the suggestion. Wheel weights I will look into those.

You have an awesome setup as well. I bet you had a smile on your face when you opened that garage door that day. Lol. I like your lights. I will need to do something as the previous owner modified the blower a little taller so the lights on it will be useless I am sure.

Thanks, there were regular tractor style spotlights on it when I got it, I decided to experiment and picked up the LED's from CTC.

Worth looking into, better light, and probably less draw with the LED's, more by luck than design that they fit in the grooves on the roof.

IMG_2045.jpeg

Nice rig there Charlie, good decision !!!

Yeah I seen that sitting on Bremner's lot last week, actually pointed it out to Mustang Sally saying it looked brand new. Funny how things work out as I got mine through Kubota dealer in your neighborhood and now you get yours up in my neck of the woods..........lol

Friend of mine bought same model with similar set up last year and says he really likes it, works great.

So no one posted a pic of a regular shovel and snow scoop ??? Man how things have changed with the times eh ?? lol lol

Nice rig there Charlie, good decision !!!

Yeah I seen that sitting on Bremner's lot last week, actually pointed it out to Mustang Sally saying it looked brand new. Funny how things work out as I got mine through Kubota dealer in your neighborhood and now you get yours up in my neck of the woods..........lol

Friend of mine bought same model with similar set up last year and says he really likes it, works great.

So no one posted a pic of a regular shovel and snow scoop ??? Man how things have changed with the times eh ?? lol lol
Thanks Roger. It is in really good shape. Funny thing is I bought it 2 weeks ago Friday. The first day they listed it for sale On Kijiji I believe. Because of Covid I couldn't get there to pick it up so I was waiting for it to go back to yellow. They messaged me earlier last week that they had the owner coming up this weekend and he would bring it for a fee that was pretty much what the fuel would have cost me to go and get it. Glad to get some feedback from someone who knows someone who has one and is happy with it. Looking forward to trying it out that's for sure.

Thanks, there were regular tractor style spotlights on it when I got it, I decided to experiment and picked up the LED's from CTC.

Worth looking into, better light, and probably less draw with the LED's, more by luck than design that they fit in the grooves on the roof.

View attachment 42219
Those are nice looking lights. I was looking at some earlier. Will need to do some research for sure. Checked princess auto. Will check Canadian tire.

That 3 stage snowblower is impressive as far as snowblowers go.

I have an old 2 stage, 10 hp - 30 inch cut one that I bought new in 1995.
As you can see by water streaks, I used it today.

164C9A0C-004B-44D3-B0D2-026F9DDF5BB5.jpeg

Once we have a solid and well frozen base, which we are not close to having yet, I can brake out the beast.
I don’t have pavement in about 40% of yard and I push snow over grassy areas so I like to wait a bit so I don’t rip up stuff too much.
It’s a heavy unit with ballast in rear tires, for agricultural use.
100 hp.

09120A6B-BCA8-4F26-952C-B3B37DD21EBD.jpeg

That 3 stage snowblower is impressive as far as snowblowers go.

I have an old 2 stage, 10 hp - 30 inch cut one that I bought new in 1995.
As you can see by water streaks, I used it today.

View attachment 42226

Once we have a solid and well frozen base, which we are not close to having yet, I can brake out the beast.
I don’t have pavement in about 40% of yard and I push snow over grassy areas so I like to wait a bit so I don’t rip up stuff too much.
It’s a heavy unit with ballast in rear tires, for agricultural use.
100 hp.

View attachment 42227
Hey Marc,
Yeah I heard some good things about the John Deere tractor blowers. Let them do the work and they will be a beast is one of the comments I got.

That 1995 blower is in great shape.

I remember seeing your Kubota a while back. That is very similar to the guy that did mine before. Nice looking unit.

Grote LED work lights I have on all of my trucks.
Affordable and made tuff. And truck shop will have them.
normally $40-50 each, I normally get on sale for $29.00
they have all different shapes and sizes.
Grote makes some good stuff. Will look to see what I can find for those. I may pop into traction or parts for trucks to see what they have on sale.

Well I popped into princess auto. They had some Alpena lights on sale. Regular 34.99 each for 17.00 each. Going to give them a whirl. Need to get them wired up.

Also got me a Spinner. I hear they are really helpful. Especially when snownlowing. Never had one before. 1EA0974C-4F2E-488A-AFCB-577BCACAF8CA.jpeg2361C4DE-471A-416B-8F6F-24D93C3566B7.jpeg

Back