Show us a Pic of Your Family Pet

Interesting how dogs look, this is Bruno. You have seen his picture here a few times. You ill never guess his blood lines.
We had his DNA tested, for what that's worth. It could be snake oil. One of the DNA hits is the same as info from shelter.
A little back ground, he's about two years old, rescue from a shelter in US, he's about 65 lbs, very muscular and active.
I know your first guess will be yellow lab, and that's not in his gene pool.
IMG_20200507_161344.jpg

Interesting how dogs look, this is Bruno. You have seen his picture here a few times. You ill never guess his blood lines.
We had his DNA tested, for what that's worth. It could be snake oil. One of the DNA hits is the same as info from shelter.
A little back ground, he's about two years old, rescue from a shelter in US, he's about 65 lbs, very muscular and active.
I know your first guess will be yellow lab, and that's not in his gene pool.
View attachment 38743
Looks like some American coonhound and Chinook in the mix ?

I would not have bothered either, because there is a large dose of Snake Oil in the tests IMO.
Curiosity got the better of the rest of the gang here tho.
So a bit more on the back story. He was given up by his owners to a shelter and the documents said he was a mix between a Boxer and a Retriever.
Thinking Boxer WTF! So to the DNA test, it comes back as Boxer #1, and Chow Chow #2.
Any way if some asks what he is, I'll say Boxer. That will throw them for a loop. I see no Boxer what so ever.

Back