Shelby GT350R

Well got the car cleaned after fall run.
I need to do the brakes again.
front rotors and pads all around.

I had a sticking pad on fall run.
Think I will do it myself, give me a chance to clean wheels.
Check under car. Likely close to oil change so do that too.

Hopefully another spin or two before end of year.
I hate winter.

Car is away for winter, I found this from April started 2019 season 25,883 km.
I will have to go check, but few hundred over 32K
so approx 6500km this summer.
2 oil changes, set of brakes this year, thats 2nd set
changed brake fluid 4th time
Oil pressure sensor,

I have a new set of tires coming for next year.
about 25% left on these ones.

I miss the feel, sound already, its going to be a long winter.

taking it to the track tends to speed up wear items.
I normally do 4 - 20 minutes sessions and use most of a tank of fuel.
The videos, don't do it justice.
bake very hard for turn 1
I'm in 3rd gear at 8000 rpm at end of front straight.

I realized when today, after getting this car I took hundreds of photos.
I will share a few here.
Fun facts along the way.
this car was the first R in Canada.
At Auto port, I knew the person who plowed snow, so got into see it before shipped to Macphee's
Was worried about tires freezing, they don't do well, I tracked the train, never went below zero.
Yes I was a little nuts about it :) Even spoke to the girl who drove it off the train.
IMG_2988.JPG

As people know I have taken this car to the track.
It has never been to a timed event, so all for learning
and school type setting, IE lapping sessions.

I have and can take this to other circuits.
With school and amount of lapping I have done at AMP
With little effort I would be aloud on other circuits.

How this works is, depending on track and day, the first and likely 2nd session
you would have an instructor in car with. They would give you advice and pointer about track.
They would access your your ability and put you in the right group for your ability.
Thus not running over folks or getting run over :) actually very well done at most tracks.

I have been wanting to go to another track since year two, especially as AMP is great fun
and very challenging its not the ideal for my car. SO Louden NH or Mont Tremblant
would be the closest and ideal tracks. Mont Tremblant is a world class facility and my car would love this track.
HeliMech and I have discussed several times, but now that he has sold his car, well hes not going unless for drive :)

I have a friend or two who has been there and plans on going the summer and has invited me along.
Its basically a 5 day trip, leave Thursday, Track, Friday , Saturday and Sunday, come home Monday.
Trailering car there and home. This track is perfect for my car, some big straights and fast turns,
would allow this car to do what its built to do, 180 mph straight :)

Heres the rub.
Getting there and back $1000 fuel, track fuel $350 for weekend. Its a resort area, no cheap hotels,
so three days, sharing room and food $1200.00 Ok so still not to bad.
BUT lol, I will used a set of tires and brakes in 2-3 days
need full service etc,

So $6000 to $8000 weekend experience priceless lol.

Attached is Mont Tranblant.
take a look, impressive place
Website
1584050258269.png

As people know I have taken this car to the track.
It has never been to a timed event, so all for learning
and school type setting, IE lapping sessions.

I have and can take this to other circuits.
With school and amount of lapping I have done at AMP
With little effort I would be aloud on other circuits.

How this works is, depending on track and day, the first and likely 2nd session
you would have an instructor in car with. They would give you advice and pointer about track.
They would access your your ability and put you in the right group for your ability.
Thus not running over folks or getting run over :) actually very well done at most tracks.

I have been wanting to go to another track since year two, especially as AMP is great fun
and very challenging its not the ideal for my car. SO Louden NH or Mont Tremblant
would be the closest and ideal tracks. Mont Tremblant is a world class facility and my car would love this track.
HeliMech and I have discussed several times, but now that he has sold his car, well hes not going unless for drive :)

I have a friend or two who has been there and plans on going the summer and has invited me along.
Its basically a 5 day trip, leave Thursday, Track, Friday , Saturday and Sunday, come home Monday.
Trailering car there and home. This track is perfect for my car, some big straights and fast turns,
would allow this car to do what its built to do, 180 mph straight :)

Heres the rub.
Getting there and back $1000 fuel, track fuel $350 for weekend. Its a resort area, no cheap hotels,
so three days, sharing room and food $1200.00 Ok so still not to bad.
BUT lol, I will used a set of tires and brakes in 2-3 days
need full service etc,

So $6000 to $8000 weekend experience priceless lol.

Attached is Mont Tranblant.
take a look, impressive place
Website
View attachment 36663
Let's do a run there!

It is where I like to go.
The videos are bang on.
They’re not from another track.

Interesting you post this now.
I got an e-mail this past week advising of the upcoming lapping days for this summer.
Unless one is a member of the Club Circuit Mont-Tremblant the dates available are all on weekdays.

They are May 5th and 14th, June 2nd, August 5th and October 7th.
This can be extended by a day in most cases by participating in the school that usually precedes the lapping day. This gives 2 consecutive days on track. It’s what I usually do.

Members of the club have access to 26 lapping days, many of which are on weekends.
So, are your friends members of the club, is the question that begs to be asked.

I have not researched the cost of joining that club. It certainly won’t ne cheap.
Hardly worth joining unless one is within easy accessible distance from the venue, in order to benefit fully.

Back