NHL 2022

Montreals Jeff Molson finally woke up from is coma and did something,
Hired Jeff Gorton, as vice president, fires MG and Trevor timmons,
Hopefully this allows them to get someone in place to make changes for future.

Going to be tough to do, MB signed alot of guys to long term deals, hard to fix easy
but atleast can come in now before trade deadline and draft day.
Build new team.

Not that anyone is listening but I think the new GM, should be Anahiems
Assistant GM Martin Madden ( read his hockey BIO) and he speaks French,
so will please that end of things, great resume, started as a scout, built Carolinas,
first team and put together scouting department and won cup,

then went to Anahiem and did same, this guy has amazing track record at drafting and prospects,
make a good GM IMO.

Jeff Gorton, did his introductory press conferenc ein Montreal today.
God help him, been in Montreal 3 days, the pundits want him to lay out plan now lol.
Yes hes been in 2 original 6 markets, but not sure he or anyone has seen Montreal.
At its best your a God and at its worst you need to hide and can't go for a walk
actually no one ine your family can go outside.

I think he is going to be what Montreal needs, the next keep will be the right GM
to help build and evaluate talent, current and even more inportant young talent.
Looking at MB and Trevor Timmons track record, overall not good.

Be interesting to watch the next month, he thinks he has a bit of time, but the pressure to do something
will be incredible, whatever it is, he better figure out his plan relatively quockly.
I really don't think Montreal needs a rebuild, but a retool is at very least.

To many of the same time players and IMO outside of these players, they should be no untouchables.

Nick Suzuki
Cole Caulfield
Josh Anderson
Ryan poehling
Jake evens
Mattias Norlander
Alex Romanov

then pick or find one or two veterans
who are willing to help lead this group and other prospects in very near future.
Montreal has 2-3 guys very close to ready now and another great draft year.
this should be a 2-3 year retool not a nother 5 year rebuild.

I’d add Gallagher to that list
I wouldn't hes likely going to decline somewhat and reality says
3-4 years before ready for serious run being made at best, he can bring
back good assets currently.

To be fair, I am not sure who the currently is a leader in the dressing room,
as it seemed to be Weber and Price, before all of this, not something most of us would know,
but who ever it is, should be kept or be found.

Regarding my Bruins, I think we'll just squeak in to the playoffs, but they won't do any damage. Sweeny made sure of that. He needs to go. He hasn't done anything to improve the team, orher than Taylor Hall. Our goaltending is good, but we've got a lot of problems.

The Habs are in bad shape right now, but they will be back. They need to replace Weber and Danieult. Two leaders. Price will be back but that's not enough. I don't see the trademark speed and energy they usually bring.

Regarding the Leafs, they will end up in the top three in the league this season, but I'm betting on an early exit, because they don't understand the cocept of playoff hockey and that goes back to 2005.

Time will tell, but that's my opinion.

I agree, with Bruins, penguins in same spot.
Winning formula for years, hard to let go.
But both are close and with couple of right additions
anything can happen in playoffs.

Leafs, will do what the Leafs do, to soft for playoff hockey.

I agree, with Bruins, penguins in same spot.
Winning formula for years, hard to let go.
But both are close and with couple of right additions
anything can happen in playoffs.

Leafs, will do what the Leafs do, to soft for playoff hockey.
As Wayne Gretzky said: there are three seasons, the regular season, rhe playoffs, and the finals. The Leafs don't have a playoff team. They need a Patrick Marroon. Two guys like him on the third and fourth lines and we'd be looking at a different story.

As Wayne Gretzky said: there are three seasons, the regular season, rhe playoffs, and the finals. The Leafs don't have a playoff team. They need a Patrick Marroon. Two guys like him on the third and fourth lines and we'd be looking at a different story.

If he can't take a hit in practice, wait till the playoffs.

Back