NH Dyno Run

Wll it was a great weekend, very little in way of work phone calls,
no internet for 3 days, including here, so I will have to do a few posts
to get up to date.

Got away Thursday early and nice run to Moncton with Gelnn and Jason
missed all the rain with few sprinkles as we pulled in to motel parking lot.
Nice of them to set a sanded slalom pot hole run to get to rear parking spaces :rolleyes:
Not much of way in cell service, wifi didn't work and motel has gotten quite sketchy lol.

But we had a place to sleep, few beers and Charlie picked us up in the work beater a chev
so we were neverous about getting to restaurant :ROFLMAO:

Fred, Max, Charlie, Jason, Glenn, Aaron and I had a great supper and
nice to see folsk after being locked up so long ( covid) not jail :)
lots of mustang and car talk, good food what Mustangs and friend are all about.

Early start, everyone at Big stop ready to go and got on roads a couple minutes earier than the 7am start time.
The dyno run rookie ( Perry,, Rogues life ) was there on time and away we went.

Good time made to St. John we picked up Al a another coffee and off we go missing rain we a few dark
clouds hovering in the sky, but the weather Gods were kind and by St Andrew we had Sun.
We were making good time and the rookie commenting on our occasional ? time off in Mexico
but he held on and made the boader in no time.

Started out Glenn leading, but some how I got roped in to being the front man, not my normal roll
but upside I was first one through boarder and one never knows what is going to happen to Glenn
at boarder so this was a plus. everyone got through with no issues, first stop at Iriving in Calais
fuel up, coffee and sketchy looking breakfast sandwich, but we are ahead of schedule.

Now the airline route is always a bit tricky, I have never done it without meeting a State trooper
but have always been lucky, catching someone and waiting to pass as he goes by ?
this trip was no different, the luck continues and we are making good time
A little more sane with Glenn in the middle, everyones underwear are still clean when we hit the interstate :)

Now for those who don't know, the I-95 and I 395 are typically quick anyway with speed limits
mostly between 65 and 75 mph and troopers tend to ignore those going 10-15 over, sooooo :)
Were making really good time. Another stop halfway down, fuel up, more coffee and giddiup.

Following my GPS instead of Glenns 1989 garmin it took us another route but we made record time
without having to set new land speed records, not so say the odd excurison into mexico was not in the cards
Perry has calmed down a little and learning the ropes, keep the pace quite nicely and with little to no trouble
we land a Pete's early, about 30 minutes before Pete, ahhh its Miller time.
Louden NH and time for the first car on the dyno, I got a cold beer and lawn chair for close up viewing.

As all know reaching Pete at times can be a challenge, we did find out He was having email problems
along with him selling his house unplanned, while renoing anthoer one and living in a travel trailer lol.

But Pete does his magic and those who know and came this trip, pete does his magic and even more important
he talks to each car owner, walks them through thier dyno, and if he can't get more, he tells you and price reflects
instead of him playing on computer for 20 mintues and tripling your bill.

All runs were a success, lesser degree on Al's as he has some value train noise, so pete does not want to run it
full out on dyno and risk blowing it up, so he fixes a few issues on Als car, which solves his problem
and Al had no issues going home, but will have some work and reserch to see what issues he has
I am sure a new thread to come.

We are actually out in pretty good time, now off to Manchester to Friday nights hotel .

now this hotel is quite nice, found a car wash tidy up the pony's
everyone gets some beer and now the stories can begin :)
after a little discussion we decided the airport diner which is attached to hotel
is the place to eat as no driving will be required and having more than 1 beer is now ok :)

Now the restruant is an experince in itself, getting a table was no issue, seat on the other hand for all
was a bit of an issue, funny for us not so much for Aaron, being last to the table in this case ahs its disadvantages ?
now you would think this would be no problem, finding a chair, apparently is was, took about 10-15 minutes
in which time we had all order even Aaron, but he was standing room only.

I guess the kitchen knew is chair might be an issue, we got our food, Aaron got his chair
but now the Aarons food is delayed :) food was coming form another state, so I ordered fries to hold us over
I suspect them thawing out or getting the bugs off the 5 day old mac & cheese slowed down getting the food.
It was all a little sketchy, but we were fed and no one died,

Well Glenn eating the left overs at 11 pm, could have had some thinking he died about 8 am in the public bathrooms
At Hampton beach, but that is the next post :)

Any big changes with anyones tunes any surprises
no real shockers, most have mild mods, which just improves everything with a tune and a few HP
Jason has an added tune he has to reach 150mph to unlock the secrets ?

but everyone had good numbers, ( they can share if desired)
Based on car and mods, all was good and faily easy tunes / dynos.

Not quite like Marc's car :)

no real shockers, most have mild mods, which just improves everything with a tune and a few HP
Jason has an added tune he has to reach 150mph to unlock the secrets ?

but everyone had good numbers, ( they can share if desired)
Based on car and mods, all was good and faily easy tunes / dynos.

Not quite like Marc's car :)
Very good glad everything went well

Not much out there that compares with Marc’s I love the wright up and the before and after

The few year gap in the Dyno trip was broke and we finally got together and made another great weekend. Trevor detailed it out pretty good. I got my air / fuel adjusted by Pete, but as Trevor mentioned, I have some valve train noise, so will be taking off the covers this week to check cam wear and check valve lash. Not overly concerned at this point, as the side roads to Mexico didn't show any black smoke or foul smell. So hoping for easy fix. If not, then I will have to weigh some options of rebuild and forging the bottom end and rebuilding or upgrading heads or just drop a donor engine in.. the drive through mexico to get to Pete's is always fun, and the coastal drive to Bangor is picturesque. PXL_20220611_150855192.jpgScreenshot_20220613-070529.pngScreenshot_20220613-070559.pngScreenshot_20220613-064919.pngPXL_20220610_193839947.jpgPXL_20220610_185659705.jpg

Back