NH Dyno Run

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
This years Dyno run is planned for June 10,11,12
Leaving very earlier from Moncton on Friday.
Let me know if you plan on going, so we can organize hotels and Dyno
Anyone going on Dyno will need to get me car info, So I can update Pete.

Trevor run only

Run only or run and dyno sign up

Trevor - run
Aaron - Run
Perry - Run / Dyno
Glen - Run / Dyno
Jason - Run / Dyno

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the invite from Griff’s throttle body thread, but I won’t be going.
I’m planning my own trip to Pickering to get my 15 re-tuned this spring.

I picked up bad fuel in the tank last time I drove there and tune suffered.
I’m going to trailer this time with gas I burn from here.
Should get better tune out of it.

A bit of wisdom here for those planning to hit Pete’s dyno.
Before getting there, fill up on best gas you can find.
Or gas at least as good as what you usually burn at home.
This will give you an otimized tune.

Trevor could ask Pete if he recommends a fill station near his place.
He probably has a favorite place.

Or look for high volume stations along busy streets. They go through lots of fuel so chances are fuel is fresh.
And stick to recognizeable national brands for best chance of getting proper octane levels.
You know, Shell, Texaco, BP (which is Irving by the way), Chevron, etc.

Ho, and only fuel with the octane level you normally have access to at home.
For maritimes, that is 91 octane premium fuel.
Do not fill up on 93 or 94 before getting to Pete’s.
He can only tune with what you have in the tank.
Don’t ask him to tune your car on 93 if you only have 91 at home.
That is a recipe for trouble.

Enjoy the trip all. ?

I have a few questions about NH Trip.
When I look at their website they do not mention the ‘13 - ‘14 year range. Do they tune 13’s and 14’s?
What is the cost for Dyno?
So I just purchased Boss Intake, JLT Series 2 CAI and an SCT X4 Tuner. I’ll be installing these items along with a Barton Short Throw Shifter and Support later this month, early April.
I had considered getting a custom tune from DaSilva, but if Pete can accommodate, I would consider that route.
And how much time, how many vehicles do they Dyno and tune on that Saturday?
Sorry for so many questions, just want to get all the details before committing.
Since I’d be coming out of Miramichi, I would plan to connect with the group in Fredericton.

When I look at their website they do not mention the ‘13 - ‘14 year range. Do they tune 13’s and 14’s?
So I just purchased Boss Intake, JLT Series 2 CAI and an SCT X4 Tuner. I’ll be installing these items along with a Barton Short Throw Shifter and Support later this month, early April.
I had considered getting a custom tune from DaSilva, but if Pete can accommodate, I would consider that route.
Sorry for so many questions, just want to get all the details before committing.
Since I’d be coming out of Miramichi, I would plan to connect with the group in Fredericton.
I was down in 2019 for a tune after adding CAI, Boss intake, LT headers, catless x-pipe & TB. Programmed on X4 tuner. Had a Steeda e-tune to hold me over til Pete had a look at it. First thing he said to me was that it sounded like shit. Baseline pull and 2 tweaks after. Co.oletwly different sounding & running car! Think it was $300 at that time, with the X4. Only type of tuner he works with. No regrets!

No problem ask away
Yes he can do any year Mustang.
I will check on price, last time cost was $250
We were doing the dyno's last few years Friday night,
why we leave early. We normally go down through hwy 9 ( airport route through Calias)

Few things of note.
We could look at going through other crossing, been awhile since I have done that route.
But looking at NS, PEI and NB moncton is somewhat central meeting point to and from.
I personally stay Thursday night in Moncton.
Once we got numbers we can book hotels.

Run itself is quick run to Petes, Dyno friday night, hotel and supper.
Lazy route back Saturday to Bangor or??
Easier run home Sunday.
I will be honest, because we have been doing Dyno friday nights
we tend to make a quick trip down, with fuel and fast lunch.
Rest of trip is more leisure ( Although I took little side trip with Audi into Mexico on way back :)

Pete is a Mustang guru and IMO use Pete or Desilva .
When he did my 08 with different SC setup, he wrote the tune for it.
No baseline for my set up, not every tuner can do this.
Also IMO car should be on dyno, remote tunes work but not Ideal.

Once I have all the cars, I will get all details for each car and e-mail Pete.

Yes Pete can dyno 13-14 cars.

That Boss intake is similar to the Ford Racing intake on my 06, with shorter intake runners than the stock unit.

Inherently, the result of this type of intake manifold is a slight loss of low end torque trade off for more power at higher rpms.
Remember the Boss 302 car?
It had 24 hp more than the GT, at a higher rpm because it’s redline was 7500, but was down 10 lbs of torque in 2013 and 14.
As I explained in the Motor Monday thread, Ford countered this partly by giving the Boss 3.73 gears to keep the revs higher.

A custom tune is highly recommended over caned tunes to make sure that kind of setup works well.

Be ready for your car to drive differently afterwards.
Future consideration for your car could include a gear upgrade to keep it in, or to get to its power band more easily.

Back