My Maintenance Wash Routine

Just letting everyone know that the new ''The Rag Company'' Rip'N Rag have just surpassed the Costco towels in terms of costs per unit

Costco $23.99 for 36 towels ($.664 per towel)
The Rag Company RipN Rag - roll of 80 towels (link below) for $38.99 ($0.487 per towel).

quality is higher too as they are a 70% polyester and 30% polyamide blend compared to the 80/20 of the costco towels (plusher, softer, even less scratch potential).

https://carzilla.ca/collections/bra...g-multi-purpose-towels?variant=43190080274609

Note that they can also be bough in 30 packs (less economical at $0.665 per towel, well equaling Costco, but they can also be bough in the XL variety, which is all around a way plusher towel for when doing a final touch step (spray sealant, drying aid, stuff like that).

The Rag Company towels can be bought both at Carzilla or TOC supplies for shipping everywhere in Canada. Note that I am always (sadly i guess lol) ordering enough items at once to hit the free shipping threshold of either websites, making more sense than if you would buy only that and pay the $7-10 bucks flat rate shipping above the product price.

1717087320856.png

Thought I'd let some of you out on a little gem of a product.

cheers,

Just letting everyone know that the new ''The Rag Company'' Rip'N Rag have just surpassed the Costco towels in terms of costs per unit

Costco $23.99 for 36 towels ($.664 per towel)
The Rag Company RipN Rag - roll of 80 towels (link below) for $38.99 ($0.487 per towel).

quality is higher too as they are a 70% polyester and 30% polyamide blend compared to the 80/20 of the costco towels (plusher, softer, even less scratch potential).

https://carzilla.ca/collections/bra...g-multi-purpose-towels?variant=43190080274609

Note that they can also be bough in 30 packs (less economical at $0.665 per towel, well equaling Costco, but they can also be bough in the XL variety, which is all around a way plusher towel for when doing a final touch step (spray sealant, drying aid, stuff like that).

The Rag Company towels can be bought both at Carzilla or TOC supplies for shipping everywhere in Canada. Note that I am always (sadly i guess lol) ordering enough items at once to hit the free shipping threshold of either websites, making more sense than if you would buy only that and pay the $7-10 bucks flat rate shipping above the product price.

View attachment 75723

Thought I'd let some of you out on a little gem of a product.

cheers,
I was watching a YouTube video the other day and they were blaming the quality of the Costco towels for dust buildup. Something about leaving a static charge behind

I was watching a YouTube video the other day and they were blaming the quality of the Costco towels for dust buildup. Something about leaving a static charge behind
I don't know that the towel alone can be pointed out as creating the static energy they are speaking about. Some LSP (Last Step Product) have been pointed out to create some kind of ''static charge'' that would have dust stick to the cars instead of fighting it. By all accounts, I had great luck with some of these products myself, which point to more than product and tools (microfiber) thing at hand here and even maybe some environmental things going on (depending on where you hare in the world, humidity, heat, cold etc.etc.).

I will have to try again when I get home
I believe what he is using is what I am too, the IK Foam Pro2 foam sprayer. You may have a different sprayer, hence the reason it's not foaming. I am diluting Brake Buster 3:1 and it's the perfect balance of foaming action/clinging on the wheel and cleaning power that I need.
Another reason why it's not foaming (pertaining it's a foaming sprayer) would be maintenance. You may be at the point you need to change the filter in there (contamining over time and clogging). You may want to check that too.
although hot water helps a bit with foaming, it shouldn't be required to get foam if you have a quality water source (which you have since you used distilled).

I also own the IK Multi Pro2 and Multi Pro12, which are both sprayers of the non-foaming kind. I you them for rinseless washes. They do not produce any kind of foam, are simply to spray the solutions on the car easier (instead of using trigger sprayers day in day out).

Back