My Maintenance Wash Routine

Lots of great information on here . I started to watch and follow Pan the Organizer YouTube channel this winter, Learn a lot from him on his channel for sure. Last year I was washing with a low-pressure garden hose, and it wasn’t that great or fun. Two weeks ago, I ordered my first pressure washer and some higher quality car cleaning products and supplies, everything has arrived. Looking forward in trying everything out soon.20240407_150302.jpg20240407_150450.jpg20240407_150540.jpg

You will see, Brake Buster and Pearl are two really good products (even more so when accounting the price!!).

- To make your gallon of Brake Buster (Wheel Cleaner) go just that much longer, use it diluted 3 to 1 (1 part product to 3 parts water). If the wheels you are treating are REALLY dirty, then you could go full strength, but even this entire winter, I only needed 3:1 on my truck wheels while washing them out.

- Put 2-3 Ounces of Pearl auto Shampoo and then fill the rest of your foam cannon with water and it will give you great results. If the foam isn't as good as you wanted, up the quantity by one ounce and test again. It's not the ''best'' in the foam cannon but does really great!

I am like you, cannot wait to get the gear out right now and perform a proper wash!

You will see, Brake Buster and Pearl are two really good products (even more so when accounting the price!!).

- To make your gallon of Brake Buster (Wheel Cleaner) go just that much longer, use it diluted 3 to 1 (1 part product to 3 parts water). If the wheels you are treating are REALLY dirty, then you could go full strength, but even this entire winter, I only needed 3:1 on my truck wheels while washing them out.

- Put 2-3 Ounces of Pearl auto Shampoo and then fill the rest of your foam cannon with water and it will give you great results. If the foam isn't as good as you wanted, up the quantity by one ounce and test again. It's not the ''best'' in the foam cannon but does really great!

I am like you, cannot wait to get the gear out right now and perform a proper wash!
Thanks for the great information, I also got some VRP this week, gonna give that a try for the first time for my tire shine this summer.

Attachments

• 20240327_101951.jpg
    20240327_101951.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Thanks for the great information, I also got some VRP this week, gonna give that a try for the first time for my tire shine this summer.
VRP is a tire dressing that is actually very popular. I have never tried it (I was using Chemical Guys Silk shine, spray dressing instead).

I personnally switched to the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine as I found out it actually lasts a fair bit longer on the work truck (work in construction, but trying to keep the company truck... ''clean''). It last a few weeks even with rain/mud/dust etc daily versus a few days from the Silk Shine. Little shinier than I would like, but still can be tammed down with a dry microfiber.

VRP is a tire dressing that is actually very popular. I have never tried it (I was using Chemical Guys Silk shine, spray dressing instead).

I personnally switched to the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine as I found out it actually lasts a fair bit longer on the work truck (work in construction, but trying to keep the company truck... ''clean''). It last a few weeks even with rain/mud/dust etc daily versus a few days from the Silk Shine. Little shinier than I would like, but still can be tammed down with a dry microfiber.
Good to know, Last night I also bought an shelf unit to have all my car cleaning stuff in one location and to be more organized.

Attachments

• 20240410_165840.jpg
    20240410_165840.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240410_192304.jpg
    20240410_192304.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Damm Pan the Organizer between him and DIY Detail Youtube channels they have cost me a lot of money. I decided to go hardcore this year and just ordered a bunch of CarPro chemicals ( my ceramic is CarPro).
Yeah, they can get you to spend money prettyyyyy easily lol :ROFLMAO:
I'm on the same boat, I need to restock of my favorite Rinseless wash in the next few weeks for the new season starting, but I have 4-5 different soaps already that I need to go through, and 2-3 different drying aid/quick detailer/spray sealants to go through before I fall to buying and trying another one. Just damn hard to commit NOT buying them when already shopping lol!

Lots of good info on Pan & DIY channels, I’ve refined my process a bit to include some of their tips and tricks.

I found it was easy to get confused with those channels, depending how far down the rabbit hole you go.

The information presented is sometimes contradictory and there way too many different brands.

You have to find a process that fits your time and budget, as well as finding products that work together.

So far , preparation for the ceramic is looking like this :

Foam cannon and power wash
Chemical decontam ( iron etc )
Mechanical decontam (clay bar)
Polish
Power wash with surface prep foam
Wipe down with isopropyl alcohol ( 3:1 )
Ceramic base coat
Ceramic gloss coat

Normal wash routine will just be foam cannon, power wash and dry with the leaf blower.

Prep for ceramic is a little more work to make sure you get all the crap off the paint and then all the “spider web” minor scratches before application.

Planning on doing both vehicles, but probably have to budget one day for each. 😆

Yeah, they can get you to spend money prettyyyyy easily lol :ROFLMAO:
I'm on the same boat, I need to restock of my favorite Rinseless wash in the next few weeks for the new season starting, but I have 4-5 different soaps already that I need to go through, and 2-3 different drying aid/quick detailer/spray sealants to go through before I fall to buying and trying another one. Just damn hard to commit NOT buying them when already shopping lol!
And to make matters worse, Amazon is carrying a lot of pro grade stuff now too. I want to get some P&S Dream Maker to try next. Even though my cabinet is nearly full already lol. All the wheel cleaners out there though, I always end up back at good old Spray 9

Lots of good info on Pan & DIY channels, I’ve refined my process a bit to include some of their tips and tricks.

I found it was easy to get confused with those channels, depending how far down the rabbit hole you go.

The information presented is sometimes contradictory and there way too many different brands.

You have to find a process that fits your time and budget, as well as finding products that work together.

Polish
Ceramic base coat
Ceramic gloss coat

Normal wash routine will just be foam cannon, power wash and dry with the leaf blower.

Prep for ceramic is a little more work to make sure you get all the crap off the paint and then all the “spider web” minor scratches before application.

Planning on doing both vehicles, but probably have to budget one day for each. 😆
If you do it all into one day/car, you will be doing quite good times!!

Quick tip (coming from either the rag company/DYI detail channels, originally I think Ivan Lacroix's idea at DYI). To save ''some'' time AND products during the decontamination steps, I combine my chemical and mechanical decon together (I use my Iron remover as my lube for my decontamination towel/Clay towel). That way, I spent WAY less iron remover (which is a really costly product as you know I'm sure).

And to make matters worse, Amazon is carrying a lot of pro grade stuff now too. I want to get some P&S Dream Maker to try next. Even though my cabinet is nearly full already lol. All the wheel cleaners out there though, I always end up back at good old Spray 9

Careful with Dream maker... HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. Provide a tremendous shine, very easy to work. DOES NOT provide any protection. This one is strickly gloss enhancing quick detailer type of product.

As far at the wheels cleaner, if you order again, try P&S Brake Buster. Does all I need diluted 3:1 in an IK Foam sprayer, if I arrive from a mud hole on the job site, I can even use it sprayed straight on the wheel/tires and it always provided me the cleaning power I needed.

Everyone will have their favorite products and detailing processes. That's the beauty of the hobby :)

Polish
Ceramic base coat
Ceramic gloss coat

If you can instead of the clay bar you should try nanoskin wash mitt autosrub fine grade with lube it s the easiest way to clean the paint to bring it like new again a
whole car takes about 15 min and the
mitt is good for like 70 wash. Once you try it you will like it for sure but buy the one for dark color so will be less agresive.

Careful with Dream maker... HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. Provide a tremendous shine, very easy to work. DOES NOT provide any protection. This one is strickly gloss enhancing quick detailer type of product.

As far at the wheels cleaner, if you order again, try P&S Brake Buster. Does all I need diluted 3:1 in an IK Foam sprayer, if I arrive from a mud hole on the job site, I can even use it sprayed straight on the wheel/tires and it always provided me the cleaning power I needed.

Everyone will have their favorite products and detailing processes. That's the beauty of the hobby :)
Yeah dream maker is a car show day wipe. I have bead maker and it’s amazing lol

I am curious, you guys say these products cost alot and time.

how much, lets say per season and or wash or detailing?
how much time?

$$$$+ hours
A couple hundred a year and the hours well I gave up counting. To wash my KW is a 3-4 hour job.
I saw Spray Nine in there and breathed a sigh of relief. Something I recognize. 😊
I cut it 50/50 with water( going to use distilled water this year) I used it on the big truck too gets bugs off great.

Back