Mustang Trivia.

Jason is right.

The 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra's 4.6-liter, DOHC V-8 is equipped with an Eaton supercharger and new aluminum alloy cylinder heads that provide increased flow capabilities. The aluminum alloy 4-valve heads are new to the Cobra.
03cobraengine1.jpg
They were chosen because they also provide greater flow capabilities, and help give increased low-end torque without sacrificing peak horsepower.

The Eaton Roots-type supercharger is the same model used on the SVT F-150 Lightning, with a cast aluminum case, machined aluminum internal rotors, and its own dedicated drive belt. The supercharger compresses intake air to a pressure of 7.5 to 8.0 pounds per square inch, and under the supercharger the compressed air passes through a water-to-air intercooler. This removes heat gained during compression to make a denser, more powerful compressed air charge.

To provide strength necessary for the substantially increased torque output, the new Cobra engine is built on a cast-iron block. This unit contains the carryover forged-steel crankshaft, which is fitted with new Manley forged H-beam connecting rods, forged pistons similar to those in the SVT F-150 Lightning, and an aluminum flywheel similar to the 2000 SVT Mustang Cobra R's.

The engine is mated to a TTC T-56 6-speed manual transmission. Behind that, an aluminum drive shaft with upgraded universal joints connects to the rear axle, which has a 3.55:1 gear ratio.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=....shtml&usg=AFQjCNHqS6FShTOuEgrSkbmWiDmhgbZmHg

SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)
drive typerear wheel driverear wheel drive
base engine size4.6 L4.6 L
base engine typegasgas
horsepower390 hp @ 6000 rpm390 hp @ 6000 rpm

SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

my cars real Predecessor is a 1965 :)
Besides, I trying doing it without using google.

THundr, post the next question

True, if you stay within the Shelby name realm. But SVT produced some decent R-cars in the meantime.

With the recent news of a Barn Find 1966 GT350 Carryover car I thought this would be a good question, if not just interesting. At the end of the 1965 Shelby American production they would need cars for 1966. At the end of 1965 they were out of cars and for the next year they needed prepared cars to fill orders for 1966. Ford would have a retooling shut down between the 65 and 66 models. The new 1966 cars on order will not be available as soon as Shelby needed them to keep his production rolling. Recognising this Shelby ordered more 65 cars to keep his plant rolling during the Ford retooling outage. The question is – How many cars did he order? These cars are now considered Carryover cars. The barn find is reported to be as such. Not likely hard to figure out the car would have a Ford VIN for 1965 and the Shelby tag would be 66.
Prior to the Barn Find report, a friend of mine who races a 66 GT350 in the vintage series had a total loss on the track. He was hit from behind by much faster car that didn't have much of a driver. So he ended up selling the remnants and the serial number to an guy in Australia. He then bought a carryover car to replace the trashed car. One more hint, this is obviously a low production run as Carryover cars.

Since we are talking about the GT350, I will go with 350 cars lol. Seems logical but doubt it's that easy :)

not fair I know this and can't remember, read this last year arrrrggggg.
Less than 350, but also if memory serves me correct 2 prototype cars.
I just can't remember how many, in the 200's
It will come to me, if someone don't get it first

Back