Mustang Future

I know someone like that too.
My cousin has a Mach E and a dozen real Mustangs.
The Mach E is his wife’s daily driver and car to go to Quebec city.
If he goes to car show or run, or event, he will go with any of the other cars but the Mach E.

As for future versions of regular Mustang, I think they will want to be in clubs and should be accepted.
We may see a hybrid V8 GT, probably all wheel drive, not too far down the road.
That would be a high performer and appropriate for the times in a few more years.

I don’t think the Mach E crowd will be looking to join groups or clubs.
It’s a daily driver to them, not a collector, hobby or special car.
It’s an alternative to the Tesla.
News from Detroit and the Mustang Alley and the Mustang Show....... Both had Mach-Es on show, incl. Shelby bringing their version along....... So it's started.......

Last edited:
Some interesting comments and points so far.
So what happens to the Mustang world in the sense
of forums, clubs etc. does that world except the new electric,
no sound, no soul, any verson of a Mustang Ford produces?
Does it become divided? sorta like the Nationals in Moncton.
we know they don't like mordern muscle, so the separated them.

How do you feel about it? will it cause a rift here? will some leave?
Will new groups be created for the vintage guys? which could be pre 2028 lol.

To be honest I have more questions than answers and not sure how I will fell or what oru future looks like.
Division only happens when one side believes they are right, and the other is wrong.

Whether we think it's right or not, EV of some variation is here to stay. We are burning through our dinosaurs, and while it may not happen in our lifetime, the next lifetime could certainly see a world of very expensive and limited gas stocks.

With all that being said, hobbies evolve, and so will our clubs and forums. Sure, some people will jump off, but others will jump in. Photography clubs evolved with the evolution of digital cameras, so why can't we?

I was at the Nationals this year, and I appreciated the change of mindset in accepting the "modern muscle" aspect of the hobby. For once, I felt accepted for bringing my 10-year-old modern car to the show. And generally, I appreciated the wide range of vehicles represented at the show and just how far the automobile world has come in 50+ years. While yes, they divided the show into two parts, I was perfectly fine with that. When I go to the grocery store, I don't look for meat in the cereal aisle. It was nice to follow the timeline of our hobby as I walked through the park.

All that said, evolution will always be right, even if it feels wrong and uncomfortable at times.

Division only happens when one side believes they are right, and the other is wrong.

Whether we think it's right or not, EV of some variation is here to stay. We are burning through our dinosaurs, and while it may not happen in our lifetime, the next lifetime could certainly see a world of very expensive and limited gas stocks.

With all that being said, hobbies evolve, and so will our clubs and forums. Sure, some people will jump off, but others will jump in. Photography clubs evolved with the evolution of digital cameras, so why can't we?

I was at the Nationals this year, and I appreciated the change of mindset in accepting the "modern muscle" aspect of the hobby. For once, I felt accepted for bringing my 10-year-old modern car to the show. And generally, I appreciated the wide range of vehicles represented at the show and just how far the automobile world has come in 50+ years. While yes, they divided the show into two parts, I was perfectly fine with that. When I go to the grocery store, I don't look for meat in the cereal aisle. It was nice to follow the timeline of our hobby as I walked through the park.

All that said, evolution will always be right, even if it feels wrong and uncomfortable at times.
As they say, the only constant is change.

I’m with Trevor and Charlie also.
Will squeeze to last drop.

My post in Maritime mini runs from yesterday is indicative of that.

Thoroughly enjoyed making the Mustang scream and howl along secluded highway of northern NB.

It won’t develop into ill feelings or anything like that toward EV owners, but it’s not for me.
Especially when it comes to Mustangs.

I don't want this thread to become political, some comments above headed in that direction.
Fossil fuels will be far longer than most think. The electrical grid and what is required to
upgrade for the future is no where near where it needs to be, to handle the future.
never mind supply issues.

UK is at 7% electric and already having supply issues., can you imagine what that looks
like for a country the size of Canada with far tougher weather. All that said.
The electric cars are coming, like or not. I have no doubt there is a place for them in
our future, not sure if they fall in the muscle or sprts car class, guess it depends on how
you define these things.

For me it is not a s simple as electric, I was insulted as a Mustang fan when the named the MachE a Mustang.
Had not much to do with electric. I may or may not agree with the future and maybe when its time
I will be the one leaving :) guess if and when we get to that point we will have to decide as a group

At this point I am more curious what people think and feel about the car world as it is and where its
going and what it looks like for each person.

I am looking forward to the Sept 14 reveal. I want to weigh the pros and cons of the change. Even the mid version refresh when I got the 2017 had me on the fence about the 2018. Both were available when I purchased. I liked the sight lines of the head lights on the 17 pointing down the panel ridge on the side of the car which they kept the look on the top models even a few years later. I thought the 18's lights dropped into the fender at the back and broke the style. Also the bottom fog lights became soul-less triangles on the 18. Did nothing for the front look in my opinion. 17 had the 6 speed trans and the 18 had the 10 but I read the top and bottom gear was the same. Just more shifts in between. Nothing drew me to the 18.

Same with the S650. Will I like it or not will be the key. At this point in time I would still consider replacing what I got before the end of the run but in reality when the time is right I can see some form of EV and if it is a well designed true Mustang which they have time to evolve then even better.
I do want some sort of EV and do get excited about potential options (yeah sometimes the render is confusing with the final) but for the next few years (decade?) I may need to have one of each if I like the choices, and see which one gets used more. Oh and it must have a decent audio package.

They may take our ICE away but be damned if they are taking our 70's Classic Rock!

And that’s so true.

I didn’t take any pics but was at ride and drive training Wednesday in Quebec city.
Mostly for the Lightning but also for the Mach-E.

Part of the course was to experience the acceleration.

I can reveal the Lightning acceleration is crazy fast. Even faster than Mach-E.
It’s all wheel drive with two motors. One for front wheels and one for rear wheels.
Plus rear independent suspension.
775 lbs of torque get that thing going in a hurry.
Ford conservatively estimates 0 to 60 mph at 4 seconds.
But car snd driver tests produced 3.8.
Whatever it is, it’s crazy fast, and would beat some world supercars like Ferraris.

And that’s so true.

I didn’t take any pics but was at ride and drive training Wednesday in Quebec city.
Mostly for the Lightning but also for the Mach-E.

Part of the course was to experience the acceleration.

I can reveal the Lightning acceleration is crazy fast. Even faster than Mach-E.
It’s all wheel drive with two motors. One for front wheels and one for rear wheels.
Plus rear independent suspension.
775 lbs of torque get that thing going in a hurry.
Ford conservatively estimates 0 to 60 mph at 4 seconds.
But car snd driver tests produced 3.8.
Whatever it is, it’s crazy fast, and would beat some world supercars like Ferraris.
I would have only one question, can it work for 30 plus hours
As I have had to do in snow storms.
Even now my average day is 12-15 hours.

They don’t give numbers on hours of operation.
They give range for distance capable of being covered.

The extended range battery has a range of 515 km.
So if you drive within that distance during your work period, it might work.

And there is constant regeneration from braking going on to recover some power.
They have one pedal drive where the motors provide the deceleration instead of brakes.
The moment you lift off accelerator it slows down.
Similar to a golf cart I guess.
This gives best regeneration.

This would be offset by how much heat, heated steering wheel, heated seats, and such that you require.
Within Canada, outside of lower mainland and Vancouver Island of BC, Halifax and NS, in general, is probably best climate for these things.

Due to our climate they explain and recommend pre-conditioning EV’s before unplugging.
This can all be done through FordPass App.
In winter you pre heat vehicle and battery while it’s still plugged in to the grid before you take off. Uses way less battery power.
Same in summer for air conditioning-cooling. Battery has it’s own temperature control system.
If it is conditioned before you leave, way less power used.
It helps if vehicle can be stored in a garage.
Pre-conditioning goes faster and uses less electricity.
Through FordPass or Sync 4 onboard screen you can set time for pre-conditioning to start. Like half hour before your planned departure.
It will only do what it requires.
If conditioning only takes 15 minutes, it will stop accordingly and use just enough power to maintain until you depart.
FordPass will keep you updated on the status.

Equipped with the Ford 80 amp pro charging station, it can power a house for 3 to 10 days with 9.6 Kw, depending on circumstances.
It’s a large power storage unit.

The 80 amp station is the one equipped with all the electrical hardware to allow reversing the current to power a house.
In theory, it could be done with other charging stations but for now only the 80 amp is so equipped.

To give folks and idea, when I fill and f-250 with fuel,
depending on whos driving, it will say 500-650 km to empty.

heres where it get tricky, I can be plowing in a storm and burn a tank of fuel
0n 150-250 km, because of type of work and the fact in some cases back up
as much as go forward you do not travel far, but truck is working and burning fuel
with less KM's covered

All while, the heat is on, heated mirrors are working, running work and flashing lights
plus plow system all off off same power source and also lights of trucks.

SO question would be, how long before they build something that can handle this?
Or do I have own 2 of everything to allow for one to charge, while ones working?
If so, how does this help the environment, yes less carbon, but we need two of everything to do same amount fo work.
It leads to a simple question, does and anyone every have the real conversation?
Do people have any idea how all of this works and costs involved?
Do folks have any idea how much fossil fuels are used today?

My anwser is I doubt it, look at everything around and on you
it has and has used fossil fuels to create it, inculiding your underwaer :)
take a long hard look at how and where the source to build batteirs for this comes from
It is far from earth friendly or human friendly.

the builders of Electric are being forced and its why they are doing, not becuase they have any
real conscious, remember these are profit driven companies.
Now they are being forced, but they need to make money, so advertising will to make you beleive
they will give you all you need and more lol

Like bell advertizing 5g I hope I am never the one relying on this for some surgery
by a surgeon have away around the world, LOL, yes odds of not dropping a call or losing coneection
while the knife is in the tricky spot :)

Ad executives, can make ad's and create TV to make you beleive anything
but becarful what you beleive in, its expensive and likely not true:)

Oils compnies are predicting 50-to 60 years of upward trend in oil use, before it drops off
this does not jive with what Gov tells us is going to happen, who do you think is more right?

Great public relations, but I agree the technology and support infrastructure isn't quite where it needs to be.

This could possibly be the first time in history a poorly planned idea has been implemented in a hurry without proper planning. :unsure::rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmmm.........microwaved beef.

Back