Maritime mini runs.

Got another run in today up the Annapolis Valley this time (Yarmouth way yesterday). Cloudy but nice. There were a few other Mustangs out and about with the tops down still at 11 degrees.

Bridgetown NS by the Annapolis River. Colors are faded now but one spot on the list for next year.

Bridgetown1.JPG

and out at Silver Lake a few KM's outside Kentville past Aldershot. Yep there were about 200 Canada Geese enjoying the day also. They all stayed put.

SilverLake1.jpg

Nov 15 and another great "bonus" mini run day. Passing by Meteghan, NS dropped down by the wharf and saw what looked like a good industrial theme shot with complimenting colors. Also met three other Mustangs on the road enjoying the extended weather.

Meteghan2020.JPG

Hmm, I must be the last one on the road this year. Not seeing other pics. Today was 8 degrees and awesome. Made the run from Digby down to Wedgeport for 6 hours of seat time. It has the Wedgeport Tuna Museum.

WedgeportTuna1500.JPG

We usually take the old No 1 highway turning onto it in Weymouth down the French Shore following the coast and highly recommend it. Sometimes the interior 340 route but mainly in the fall for the colors. Doing both roads is a great loop. The 101 is the main artery and nothing to see. Yawn....

Western NS.JPG

Down Between Yarmouth and Wedgeport there are many side roads and surprisingly most are well paved. One goes to Pinkney's Point. Interesting drive over 3 KM's of marsh/breakwater and feels like you are 2 feet above the ocean at high tide as you cross it. Stay out of the ditches for sure. Shot of the beach at the end of the breakwater.

PinkneysPoint2000.JPG

Glad to see you still enjoying the roads, we got salted in central / north and eastern mainland last week and the roads are still salt dusty when dry - just brine when wet. I was tempted to take the Mustang to pick up calendars this morning then looked at the Jetta’s white coating and said NOOO!

Glad to see you still enjoying the roads, we got salted in central / north and eastern mainland last week and the roads are still salt dusty when dry - just brine when wet. I was tempted to take the Mustang to pick up calendars this morning then looked at the Jetta’s white coating and said NOOO!
Bonus time now. Since I got the car in '17 last day for driving was Nov 12 that year, then in '18 Nov 17 and last year Nov 7. Sad part is I have a list of projects to do including the completion of a home renovation which was going to commence after the car was put up. It is ready for drywall so meh, it can wait. Already a couple of weeks behind as the weeknds have been making my decision for me. Looking at this week nothing our way is below zero as long as we do not float away.

Back