How Many Kilometers or miles did you put on your Mustang this Summer ?

S197CS;n26426 said:
9 or 10k for this guy here! Fresh oil change will be my first task once outta storage ?

Same here. I have always changed my oil first thing in the spring. Mobil 1 with a motorcraft filter. There are so many different opinions on this though.

TrueBlue02058;n26435 said:
I always change the oil, once a year, the day before it goes into storage, full Synthetic with a K&N, Bolt On Extended Use Ol Filter.

I run Motorcraft oil filters now. I had issues with Mobil. 1 in the past so I stay clear of them now. What is a K & N Bolt on Extended use oil filter? I have never seen those before. Does it have housing of some sort? I know K & N makes filters with a nut on the end for easy removal. What have you read about them? Got me curious now.

It's the one you describe in your post. Have used it for years on Mustang and F-150, with no issues once a year oil changes running full synthetic.

Even though truck is on the road year round, put even less kilometers on it than Mustang. Checked the other day, only 1,500 kilometers since last February.

K & N Air and Oil Filters are top of the line in my humble opinion.

TrueBlue02058;n26441 said:
It's the one you describe in your post. Have used it for years on Mustang and F-150, with no issues once a year oil changes running full synthetic.

Even though truck is on the road year round, put even less kilometers on it than Mustang. Checked the other day, only 1,500 kilometers since last February.

K & N Air and Oil Filters are top of the line in my humble opinion.

Oh OK that makes sense now. I have heard of those. Makes it much easier to remove for those stubborn ones.

2001BlackGTvert;n26443 said:
Oh OK that makes sense now. I have heard of those. Makes it much easier to remove for those stubborn ones.

Running motorcraft here also and will not change for a little while, ford own filters were proven good to use. Want to say i am not shooting down the kn by any means. For the stuborness, they should not be, if you or your mechanic didn’t overtight to begin with and put some oil on the gasket while installing the new filter. :) should is the key word haha

Ford Racing FL-820 filter and full synthetic oil about every 3000 km here too.
As one said above here, heavy filter indicates good protection.
You should weigh this Ford Racing filter against competition. Noticeable difference.

[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Image result for ford racing fl820s","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"225","width":"300","src":"https:\/\/i.ebayimg.com\/images\/g\/Z-IAAOSwVa5bbfEr\/s-l300.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
So far this year only 1252 miles or 2003 kilometers, and that is with last weekends Fall Run. With retirement coming in 3 months I'm confident that next summer the number will be higher.

Looks like this was a small driving year for me, not much free time this year, only a little over 10,000k. Due for 2 year inspection the end of September, only 23,000 in 2 years- sounds like time to plan a major road trip! Will be over 223,000k when I park for the winter. Synthetic oil and premium OEM filters ( Ford Racing) since 38,000k.
Only about 500 miles on the F250 this year, but 3 oil changes on that one. It had not been on the road since 1996.

I put about 2000 + km on my 2006 with trips to Atlantic Nationals and Quebec city in July.
I stored it around July 25th after DOT did chip seal sealer layer in front of my place.
Clock is at around 51000 km.

I did not drive the 2015 until late August and put on about 3600 km on it in September with trips to Toronto and PEI.
Clock is at 23259km.

Both are off the road for the winter now, Took collision coverage off the 2015 yesterday.
It was taken off the 2006 about a month ago.

Back