Coronovirus

Well Nova Scotia, released a few restrictions today.
Parks and trails open, Beaches not yet.
Fishing is aloud, going to cottage is ok.
few other small things.
Reports some more next are being worked on.
So Driving Mustang is ok now Wooohooo

Now we just need some weather :)

No bubbles in PEI for phase 1. Outdoor groups of no more than 5. Fishing season started yesterday and golf courses opened with strict guidelines. No 19th hole gatherings. Some courses make golfers wait in their vehicles till called by phone to go to 1st tee.

We remain locked down as a province. Enhanced screening for PEI residents, essential services permitted, follow up calls to everyone coming in and staying for 14 day isolation period. No out of province seasonal property owners permitted to come open cottages (sorry Jason....not my choice!) at this time. Phase 3 goes into early July, with further update to what comes next after that. No clear date for off Island tourism start. Different times, for sure.

I am surprised at PEI, as they are doing so well.
I wonder if its more about keeping infected people out?

Nova Scotia still has cases and another death, unfortunately
they are almost all in long term Facilities.

NB announced some lifts of restrictions and
slowly starting back to normal.
One announcement they made was no Large events
until at least Dec 31st. Using Festival in Fredricton as example.

I follow the nationals facebook page and i have noticed 3 times
someone has brought this up and they have deleted 2 posts and closed another.
They say they are making announcement on May 15th, fairly close to event considering size.
Based on NB government, what are they waiting for and why?

No bubbles in PEI for phase 1. Outdoor groups of no more than 5. Fishing season started yesterday and golf courses opened with strict guidelines. No 19th hole gatherings. Some courses make golfers wait in their vehicles till called by phone to go to 1st tee.

We remain locked down as a province. Enhanced screening for PEI residents, essential services permitted, follow up calls to everyone coming in and staying for 14 day isolation period. No out of province seasonal property owners permitted to come open cottages (sorry Jason....not my choice!) at this time. Phase 3 goes into early July, with further update to what comes next after that. No clear date for off Island tourism start. Different times, for sure.

Was reading the phases yesterday and noticed that there was nothing with visitors being allowed on the Island. I figured June at the earliest but sounds like it could be later. Oh well. We will get there when we can. Besides the weather isn’t good until July anyway:p

It is strange how all of the provinces have different descriptions of what phase 1, 2 , etc should be. You would think it would be the same for each province in Canada. Once you get to a certain point phase 1 would be implemented and so on.

will definitely be an interesting tourism season.

Premier King was on CTV Evening News a few days ago telling Steve Murphy that he had been in discussions with Premier Higgs about the possibility of PEI and NB becoming Bubble Provinces. I can only imagine the Run on Costco when they lower the drawbridge in the Moat that separates our 2 Provinces ?

But on a Positive note, I am certainly looking forward to the possibility of a Bubble Mustang Cruise ?

Their Official Site said that an announcement would’ve made no later than May 15th.
yes and after NB announcement last week of no major events until at least Dec 31 2020
You would think that was it. I follow facebook page, a few people asked with post.
twice it was deleted, read this morning another one, several posts,
Trent Steeves told them a bit rudely announcement on May15th
and locked it so no more conversation.

We know a few of the Nationals folks think quite highly of themselves,
but do they have a clue, folks writing on their page are the car guys who
attend their show? These people are the reason they have a show?

Maybe they are trying to get folks to sign up, so they get dollars. ???
who knows, but communication and being a little polite is not that difficult.

Darren B is postponing the May long weekend show in PEI. A new date possibly announced later. Tough when so much effort goes into planning these events, let alone the investments made ahead of time. Impacts will be far reaching, for sure.

Cavendish Beach Music Festival canceled last week. 11 year run came to a close but promises of a big return in 2021. Charlottetown Festival not running this season. Ann of Green Gables production was to be 53rd continuous year.

No Momma Mia for Jerry rhis year!

Back