Cool Ford Trucks

402A, 3.5L EB, Torsen Front Diff, really, really nicely executed truck.

Spray in Bedliner and levelling kit on the front end.

The Ecoboost has been a bit of a revelation, it's way better than I ever gave it credit for.

Broke my heart to see the Raptor go, but it was getting to be time, and the new Raptor didn't fit the budget.

Tremor was a nice consolation prize, and for all the off-roading I do, :LOL: , its a good fit.

Thanks guys.

I have to eat a big piece of humble pie regarding the Ecoboost Marc, it's no secret I ripped on it pretty hard.

Having driven 400 some odd km with it so far, I'm impressed with the hp and torque, I'm even getting used to the 10 speed transmission.

Amazes me that the 3.5L EB is only 11 hp less than the 6.2L, but with 70 lb/ft more torque.

The fact the Tremor is 700 lbs lighter means it's faster than the Raptor too. ( The 3.73 gears help too. )

Don't get me wrong, I still think the V8 sounds better, but you can't argue with the numbers.

Glad you like your new truck, Mike. 🤙
It should be an enjoyable experience.

V8 sound is undeniably the best sound.
No argument here, and I think everyone on this Forum would agree as well.
So, a lot of us are lucky to drive V8 Mustangs to get our fill of it.

Ho, and get ready to be thoroughly impressed again the first time you hook on to a trailer.
Set the drive mode to tow/haul and you won’t believe you’re towing.
It will be effortless, quiet and the transmission won’t be downshifting and continuously hunting for the right gear, like V8’s tend to do.

Instead of turning in the neighbourhood of 4000 RPM to be in the meat of the torque, you’ll be cruising along just above 2000 RPM in the torque sweet spot and it will hold gears for ever.

Ford has improved the shifting of the 10 speed starting with model year 2021.
The change is that prior to that, the computer was trying to be as efficient as possible with shifts, so it would almost 100% of the time skip gears.
Go from 1st to 3rd to 5th, for example.
That coupled with the learning component meant that anyone looking at the little gear counter gage, and tried to alter the accelerator pedal to get the transmission to use all the gears, would totally screw up the shifting algorithms and end up back at the dealership complaining of bad and hard shifting transmission.

The fix was almost universally a transmission re-program and explain to client to stop paying attention to which gear transmission was in.

Some may remember, that’s why I said something like “drive it like you stole it” for best results. Meaning don’t pay attention to what gear you were in, and don’t try to make it shift differently.

Conclusion, since 2021, the 10 speed in the F150 now uses all gears consecutively on all up and downshifts. Even if only for fraction of second.
Result, it does work better than before, and pretty much all complaints about transmission shifting gone.

Last edited:
One last tidbit of trivia.
That 3.5 ecoboost was designed from day 1 to be a boosted application and to be a hard working engine.
It was built from the beginning with a forged bottom end.

I posted this video before but the Forum has gained several members since.
This is the torture test of the ecoboost from 2010 as they were getting ready to roll out the first ecoboost trucks for 2011.

It’s an interesting watch.

Congrats Mike, that is sharp looking truck, I cam very close to buying one, when Ibought my Raptor.

Did you keep your Raptor or trade it in?

Marc, I agree with everything, one side note
diving the 3.5 does all of that without issue
and good fuel milage, BUT
when you do tow or put a load on it, she will like her fuel
more than a V-8

but considering most of us only actually use a truck as a truck
occasionally its no biggie.

Marc, I agree with everything, one side note
diving the 3.5 does all of that without issue
and good fuel milage, BUT
when you do tow or put a load on it, she will like her fuel
more than a V-8

but considering most of us only actually use a truck as a truck
occasionally its no biggie.

Yah I know. I left that part out. ☹️
It’s still effortless, quiet and transmission does not hunt for gears, but not great mileage.
I guess we can’t have it all.
The heavier the pull, the more the turbos work.

Back