Cool Ford Trucks

First 2021 F150 got delivered today.
It was just coming off trailer.
Still road grime all over it from overnight snow.
The screen is huge inside.

View attachment 42415

View attachment 42414

View attachment 42416
Thoughts on the folding shifter? Seems kinda gimmicky. Is there a purpose for this feature? I know the dial shifter is girlie on a truck, but this doesn't seem much better. Shifter on the tree might have been a way to keep some testosterone in F-150.

Theres a lot of gimmicky stuff I'm finding on this generation...folding shifter, the full reclining lay flat seats, the ruler and such embossed on the rear tailgate, and even the 120Vac outlets in the bed are gimmicky, but thats just me. The new front grille(s), and theres about 7 or 8 different versions, reminds me a lot of what Chevy and GMC are doing with the front end.

Not really feeling the love for the F150 any more, I'm starting to wonder if I ever replace the Raptor, (and thats getting to be a big IF), chances are my next truck won't be an F150, and I say that after 20 years of driving nothing but an F150.

Kids these days are more concerned about what apps you can run on the truck, or whether or not they can hook up their iPhone pacifier than what sort of horsepower and torque you've got. :LOL:

Last edited:
The biggest purpose for the folding shifter is that once folded, the armrest pad or cover can be flipped forward over the folded shifter and provide a flat and stable work surface that can hold a laptop without moving.
Or a flat surface for any other purpose such as writing notes or eating.
Imagination can take over from there.

Like anything new, it’ll take time to get used to.
I prefer the feel of the pistol grip shifter in my 2020.

I have no use for the tailgate ruler.
But guys here yesterday said you can measure the length of your fish to see if legal to keep or must throw back.
If you can drive to the river bank that is.

I deliberately ordered a 2020 to avoid recalls and growing pains with a new model.

The biggest purpose for the folding shifter is that once folded, the armrest pad or cover can be flipped forward over the folded shifter and provide a flat and stable work surface that can hold a laptop without moving.
Or a flat surface for any other purpose such as writing notes or eating.
Imagination can take over from there.

Like anything new, it’ll take time to get used to.
I prefer the feel of the pistol grip shifter in my 2020.

I have no use for the tailgate ruler.
But guys here yesterday said you can measure the length of your fish to see if legal to keep or must throw back.
If you can drive to the river bank that is.

I deliberately ordered a 2020 to avoid recalls and growing pains with a new model.
Measure fish huh. Does it come with an outboard too? Lol.. ?

All the trucks seem to come up with gimmick things
now, scares me customers are that stupid.
From what I've noticed over the past 5-7 years has been the evolution from the minivan to SUV to crew cab truck as the family vehicle driven often by the momma taking kids to hockey, gymnastics and outings. Comfort features fit along those lines. From recent purchase tendering experiences, being able to get an in-stock "work truck" seems to be turning into a custom order requirement. Either they're flying off the lots, or just not available.

From what I've noticed over the past 5-7 years has been the evolution from the minivan to SUV to crew cab truck as the family vehicle driven often by the momma taking kids to hockey, gymnastics and outings. Comfort features fit along those lines. From recent purchase tendering experiences, being able to get an in-stock "work truck" seems to be turning into a custom order requirement. Either they're flying off the lots, or just not available.
Friend of mine just bought a new truck. He wanted a basic work truck . Rubber floor, cloth seats, no fancy radio, single cab, etc..he had to wait almost 2 months for it to come in..

With the way the times are lately I find myself reading more stuff about cars & trucks and watching shows and videos as well. So by what I can gather if Ford doesn't pick things up they'll end up in third place with their F-150. According to most expert out there the Ram leads the way in every aspect except in towing capacity which the F-150 still holds then GM fits somewhere in the middle except with interior design flip flopping from second to third place with the Ford depending on who does the analyzing. Interior fit and finish of the F-150 is considered lately to be in last place by many of them car show hosts so I hope ford is paying attention. I did take a look at a new one and it looked pretty good for an XLT but again nothing to write home about unless you like gadgets. Finishing panels are still the old plastic panels that most criticize so be interesting to see the upper line to find out if they adjusted themselves in higher models. As far as reliability is concerned I would have to say that there are no better ones or worst ones out there, it depends on each individual unit as there are lemons in every brand and they surely are not built like they used to. Actually I just had to replace rear brakes on my F-150 @ 51 000 kms as both rotors and pads were totally done ?? And mine is a highway queen and pampered, mechanic says this is the common thing lately and not just with Fords.

Meh, I'm not surprised at pads and rotors at 50k, the days of turning rotors are long gone I'm afraid.

Personally, when it comes to things like brakes and tires, I'll be more apt to be really conservative and swap them out sooner than later.

All delaers have shortages, but ford is worst of all,
because they shut down first and longer, also they sell
more trucks than anyone else, so it will be awhile before dealers get
even lot stock back. MacPhee normally carries 150 plus trucks on lot as stock,
currently they don't have 20, they expect to catch up by spring.

Ford sells 60% of all the trucks sold in North America,
the rest combined make up 40% interior is subject obviously
but still have best looking trucks. IMO.

Also trucks have gone way up in price, likely due to what is mentioned above,
how many people are buying and useing like a car. But they aint cheap.

Any ratings on handling and real world driving, braking, lane changes, etc Roger?

I drive lots all the time.
Dodge and Chevy too for trade/ins and evaluations.

I have to admit Dodge interior is getting sexy.
Feel good to the touch materials and all that.
But they don’t handle like a ford.
Really, big difference in handling dynamics.

Doge still need big sway bar in back to keep stable on road.
Ford has not had that for decades.

If you’re going to work, tow or haul with your truck Ford is serious.

If you don’t know what you don’t know about driving dynamics, then yah, Dodge is sexy inside.

Stated without prejudice.

Washed and waxed my truck today. I love driving it.

I guy I know down the street was out walking and saw my truck, so he came in to chat.
He is one of those green guys trying to save the planet. He drives a diesel VW at 85 - 90 KPH on the highway.

He says, as he is walking up the drive way" What are we going to do about the global environmental emergency?"
Then he says " did you know Canada uses more fuel per capita than anywhere else". Then he says "It's guys like you, Urban Cowboys driving rigs like this" . Give it a break.

It does more that what I need and love it.

Washed and waxed my truck today. I love driving it.

I guy I know down the street was out walking and saw my truck, so he came in to chat.
He is one of those green guys trying to save the planet. He drives a diesel VW at 85 - 90 KPH on the highway.

He says, as he is walking up the drive way" What are we going to do about the global environmental emergency?"
Then he says " did you know Canada uses more fuel per capita than anywhere else". Then he says "It's guys like you, Urban Cowboys driving rigs like this" . Give it a break.

It does more that what I need and love it.
Did you tell him it's guys like him that make you want to punch them in the face? Or just knock over the head and throw in your chest freezer?
Just remember he was on your property and you are just defending yourself from a hostile tree hugging lunatic ..lol

Back