2024 Fall Run Valley, Nova Scotia Edition Sept 21st

Hi, I'm new to the forum and local to halifax. Would like to attend the run and meet some new people for at least part of the run. But I'll potentially have my wife and kids in tow. Any more details on the route/schedule so I can figure out if the kids can realistically make the run. If not I may go for part of it. Just looking for some more details on planned stops if they exist yet :)

Hi, I'm new to the forum and local to halifax. Would like to attend the run and meet some new people for at least part of the run. But I'll potentially have my wife and kids in tow. Any more details on the route/schedule so I can figure out if the kids can realistically make the run. If not I may go for part of it. Just looking for some more details on planned stops if they exist yet :)
the originally plan is slightly changed, new route should be up very soon.

Welcome to the forum!! Yes as mentioned above, due to some storms the run route has been changed a bit. It should be posted soon. Hopefully you can make it out for some or all of it.

The condensed version of the run. Leave Dartmouth crossing at 8 am, travel to Glooscap landing, Ben Jackson rd for a short coffee / bathroom break. Then thought Wolfville, and Canning to the Blomidon look off ,for a stop - no coffee here but a place to rid of some liquids , maybe some pictures or a drone shot here. Due to the wash outs Halls Harbour drive through is off the list but some great views on back roads will fill the void as we travel to Coldbrook where we will stop for Lunch around 11:30- lots of places to eat, we re-gather and leave the parking lot across from subway at 1pm.
Some more back roads as we make our way to Harbourville - nice spot on the Bay of Fundy. We will be here for 30 min I expect, then on a few twists until we end up at the greenwood Mall for the afternoon stop. Back towards Coldbrook on the back roads and #1 then we head up Cambridge Mount@in rd, to English mountain, along the Gasperau valley back to the Gloisecap landing. Depending on time there are several routes available back to Dartmouth - some will choose the quicker 101 and others may choose a slower route to be back for supper and maybe a few stories at Jack Asters at 6:30

The condensed version of the run. Leave Dartmouth crossing at 8 am, travel to Glooscap landing, Ben Jackson rd for a short coffee / bathroom break. Then thought Wolfville, and Canning to the Blomidon look off ,for a stop - no coffee here but a place to rid of some liquids , maybe some pictures or a drone shot here. Due to the wash outs Halls Harbour drive through is off the list but some great views on back roads will fill the void as we travel to Coldbrook where we will stop for Lunch around 11:30- lots of places to eat, we re-gather and leave the parking lot across from subway at 1pm.
Some more back roads as we make our way to Harbourville - nice spot on the Bay of Fundy. We will be here for 30 min I expect, then on a few twists until we end up at the greenwood Mall for the afternoon stop. Back towards Coldbrook on the back roads and #1 then we head up Cambridge Mount@in rd, to English mountain, along the Gasperau valley back to the Gloisecap landing. Depending on time there are several routes available back to Dartmouth - some will choose the quicker 101 and others may choose a slower route to be back for supper and maybe a few stories at Jack Asters at 6:30
Thank you Gerry for the route update. Look forward to this.

thanks Gerry for the update, for those who are new, Gerry typically has the full route
laid out and passed out morning of the run, helps if anyone gets off track or needs to join later than our start.

Reminder folks if you have hand held radios, bring them along we use channel 10 while traveling,
lunch break is long enough for you to grab something in several area restaurants or enjoy a lunch you brought along.

As always should be a great day, with lots of great cars, new and old folks to see and meet.
We will see some great sights drive some fun roads and hopfully great Stories and memories to share for years to come.

I can't wait, :)

Thanks Gerry, I am sure we can get some drone shots along the way.

Back