2023 Race season

The Austrian GP had some fantastic racing and overtaking, both the sprint race in the wet, and the Grand Prix itself in the dry.
Great racing.
I agree, but they have to do something with the track limit rules, insane how much it played with outcome.
givethem pavement, grass, gravel everywhere else, they go outside of track limits, they will create thier own problems :)

Watched a bit of one of my favourite races on youtube last night via Chris Buescher's in-car cameras.... the night race at Bristol.

Thank God there was none of that gimmicky shit like putting dirt on the track, just racin' the way it oughta be.

I'm no Denny Hamlin fan, but he did have the best quote of 2023 (so far) in the post race interview :

Denny over the PA system to the booing crowd : I beat your favourite driver !!!!

Marty Snyder : Which one is that ??

Denny : All of them.. ( mike drop )

I'd like to see another team racing in F1 next year. There is talk of Alpine working alongside Andretti/Cadillac to help with the engines, although I don't know why, and if, that is a great choice. It's not like they have set the world on fire with what they have produced so far. Perhaps Cadillac is pondering how to produce 1000+ HP in a 1600cc engine. To bad they can't use a V8..lol

1697226247026.png

I'd like to see another team racing in F1 next year. There is talk of Alpine working alongside Andretti/Cadillac to help with the engines, although I don't know why, and if, that is a great choice. It's not like they have set the world on fire with what they have produced so far. Perhaps Cadillac is pondering how to produce 1000+ HP in a 1600cc engine. To bad they can't use a V8..lol

View attachment 69534
Funny, the most F-1 teams don't want it, might get a bit of their money
I remember when teams failed to qualify and 26 cars was normal.

I think the Alpine is short term deal to Give Caddie time to get engine program up to speed,
Besides GM only knows how to build a big block to produce HP,

I hope Andreddi gets tema, I think wwill be fun to watch.

Apparently they have a set number "limited to a maximum of 12 teams up to and including the 2025 season by the current Concorde Agreement". . Besides Andretti-Cadillac, hoping to race, Audi-Sauber is expected to join the series in 2026. There are also some rumblings about Honda, Hyundai, and Panthera Team Asia creating new teams. New engine specs will come into effect in 2026 . It appears Porsche engines may be powering the Red Bull cars starting in 2026.
One team manager said that adding another team could reduce future seasons income for some existing teams by as much as $8 million each. The team application fee is $300,000. There is an anti-dilution fund enshrined in the Concorde Agreement that currently requires any new team to pay $200 million to be shared between the existing teams. This is to help cover the lost F1 revenue they currently receive, that some would then have to go to new teams for their share.
Formula 1 distributes its money to the constructors, rather than individual drivers. That means drivers don't actually receive any prize money because they are paid salaries by their teams. Max Verstappen earned $55 million for the 2023 season plus bonus's.
The team that finishes top of the constructors’ championship earns the most prize money, while the team that finishes in 10th earns the least. The prize pot that is distributed around the grid in 2023 based on the final year's standings is worth a total of more than $900 million — of a total F1 prize pot of around $2.2bn. Nowadays, the top team receives 14% of the total prize pot, whereas the bottom team receives 6% of it.
The more teams, the more the prize pot is divided.

Audi basically bough team so that won’t change numbers, if Andretti gets team
Makes 11 so still room for another
Porsche is out red bull did a deal with Ford

The teams are a bit pissed because concord agreement set entry fee at 200 million at time of signing was insane money, now with F-1
Resurgence and massive growth teams are worth 800 million and up
Williams sold for about 100 million
Others were took over for Pennie’s on dollars

Even though teams don’t like it, Andretti and more important GM will bring big value to F-1
Which should increase value hence more money.
Old boys billionaires club is going to take on entry and it is killing them, poor buggers

If Red Bull has now settled on Ford, I wonder if another team will jump on Honda to power their cars?

I see Max Verstappen is quite a car collector. He recently stated, "“I would like to have in my garage all the Red Bull cars with which I have won an F1 World Championship,” Verstappen told Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport"
In addition to them, Max is determined to get hold of Michael Schumacher's legendary 2004 F1 car, and has urged Ferrari chairman John Elkann to call him. It was the car which powered Schumacher to his seventh and final world championship, before his and Ferrari’s F1 reign ended.
1697481300456.png

Back