2023 Race season

So probably one of the more boring races in history……..!
With the reliability of F-1 cars now and Max so much faster it is no fun at front,
few good battles from 2nd to 10th
only battle was Ferrari and Merc for 2nd in constructors,
but other wise you are very correct.

I was thinking, everytime someone got near another car,
you see stuarts investigating, with penalties handed out fro pretty much everything and hurt feeling,
I couldn't help thinking back to Gilles and Rene arnoux in Dijon in 1979
liely most ecpic F-1 battle ever and for 2nd place,
they must have hit each other 10-15 times, race control today would have heads exploding LOL

F-1 may be more popular, I am not sure its better, talk about Good ole days,
Gilles racing, Senna qualifying or at Monaco, so many great battle and history,
watch 10 minutes of You tube and tell me these guys are btter drivers LOL

Andretti F-1 bid is rejected, IMO this is a sad day for motor racing and F-1
if you read the reasons it is sinsulting to Andretti, Caddilac and the American fans,
being Elite is one thing Arrogance is another, I could see this Biting FOM group in the butt.

Shows no unity between F-1 and FOM which is also bad for the progress they have made.

At first that is what was reported on TV, that he had taken a cut of approximately 4 million. But now I really don't think anyone knows exactly what he signed for ? It's almost as confusing as checking out what the weather man is saying......................... 🫣 🫣
Here are a few examples of what the newscasters are saying:

His new contract at Ferrari is reportedly a multi-year deal worth over $100 million annually — a substantial raise from his current 2-year, $125

That amount went up with his new two-year contract to around $45 million a year. Given the sporting challenge, the salary offered by Ferrari ...

Hamilton's move to Ferrari is underpinned by a lucrative multi-year contract, with European outlets reporting an annual salary of $80 million, ...

Lewis Hamilton was reportedly lured to Ferrari by a deal worth a staggering $446million which stretches far beyond his Formula 1 driving ...

And there are more quotes out there, so take your pick. I think only he knows what the numbers are. Either way he is not poor, lol lol lol

I know he originally wanted 3 year deal with Mercedes
But he also wanted a long term contract with Mercedes after racing
IE: representing/ spokes person / ambassador etc etc
This is become of quite common in the sports world after there career
Mercedes decided they didn’t want to do that
Fought contract to, 2 years

I think Hamilton felt decided Mercedes didn’t show same commitment to him as he is to them real or perceived, so his loyalty is gone and he is going where he believes he gets most money, term and possible winning
He will make far more money with Ferrari with added sponsorship deals
Going to be fun to watch

Christian Horner will be questioned on Friday as part of an independent investigation into his conduct after allegations of inappropriate controlling behaviour were made against the Red Bull team principal.

The 50-year-old is fighting to save his career following a complaint believed to have been made by a female member of staff and taken up with the team’s owner rather than the Formula One team itself. Red Bull Racing has still to make any formal comment regarding the allegations but it is reported they may relate to an aggressive management style.

Link to full article:

Christian Horner will be questioned on Friday as part of an independent investigation into his conduct after allegations of inappropriate controlling behaviour were made against the Red Bull team principal.

The 50-year-old is fighting to save his career following a complaint believed to have been made by a female member of staff and taken up with the team’s owner rather than the Formula One team itself. Red Bull Racing has still to make any formal comment regarding the allegations but it is reported they may relate to an aggressive management style.

Link to full article:

His camp is saying that this is a power play by his competitors in the Red Bull racing organization

Link to full article:

Well they are using an independent law firm who specializes in this if it comes out bad
They will get rid even for no other reason than optics

If he did something truly wrong he should be gone, but often folks lose career over BS

Back