2019 PEI Fall Run

2001BlackGTvert;n33671 said:
Hey everyone just a heads up, I called the hotel to make an adjustment to my Saturday night booking and they had no information on site for my reservation. I had to rebook. I had a confirmation e mail and everything. My confirmation started with a 4 and not a 5 which I guess is not a good number. They should start with the number 5. If anyone booked a room and got the number 4 at the start of your confirmation you should call the hotel as they will more them likely not have you in the system.

Probably just a one off but rather be safe and check your reservation code before it is too late.

I had phoned in today about my reservation and they looked it up by my last name and it started with a 4. So don't think the 4 vs 5 thing was the issue.

GRIFF;n33683 said:
I had phoned in today about my reservation and they looked it up by my last name and it started with a 4. So don't think the 4 vs 5 thing was the issue.

Interesting I was going by what the girl told me. She said those are not our numbers. Lol. I said well the confirmation came from you. Lol

A heads up that there was road construction started today between New Haven and Cornwall that cars coming from the Confed. Bridge might want to avoid. I'll keep an eye on it and post up a short detour to avoid.

Make sure to check back here before heading out on Friday.

Last edited:
I will be arriving later on Friday. Not sure what time at this point but almost certain we won't make the dinner.

pei_guy;n33685 said:
A heads up that there was road construction started today between New Haven and Cornwall that cars coming from the Confed. Bridge might want to avoid. I'll keep an eye on it and post up a short detour to avoid.

Make sure to check back here before heading out on Friday.

Are you thinking 13 at Crapaud to the 235?

Coming from the west (Confed. Bridge) on the TCH, take a right on rte. 9 West River Rd. in New Haven (by the Legion) then left on rte.247 Clyde River Rd. Brings you back to the TCH in Clyde River. Cornwall bypass connection roadwork should be avoided.

Coming from the east (Wood Islands) on TCH, take a left just past Mt. Mellick onto rte. 26 Pownal Rd. Stay left in Alexandra onto the Keppoch Rd. (if you miss it, you'll potentially get into the construction zone). Either stay on the Keppoch Rd. or take a right on Kinlock Rd. to get back onto TCH. Stratford roundabout roadwork should be avoided.

pei_guy;n33697 said:
Coming from the west (Confed. Bridge) on the TCH, take a right on rte. 9 West River Rd. in New Haven (by the Legion) then left on rte.247 Clyde River Rd. Brings you back to the TCH in Clyde River. Cornwall bypass connection roadwork should be avoided.

Coming from the east (Wood Islands) on TCH, take a left just past Mt. Mellick onto rte. 26 Pownal Rd. Stay left in Alexandra onto the Keppoch Rd. (if you miss it, you'll potentially get into the construction zone). Either stay on the Keppoch Rd. or take a right on Kinlock Rd. to get back onto TCH. Stratford roundabout roadwork should be avoided.

Thanks, will have to take note of this and remember going past the bridge LOL :rofl

pei_guy;n33697 said:

That route used to be a lot prettier than the TCH, at least when I was a kid

I updated my reservation online today to be for just the one night and it found the reservation straight away, allowed me to edit it and sent me a fresh confirmation, so hopefully I’m good, but it did start with a 4!

pei_guy;n33697 said:

Thanks for keeping us on the good roads!
Local eyes are always the best!

2001BlackGTvert;n33720 said:
Hey Martin I am not sure yet why time I will make it out of town yet but that may be a possibility.

I think I can get away sometime after lunch, so let me know how things are looking and we can meet up.

I may be able to meet up with you guys Charlie so keep posting info. and I'll check on here before heading out Friday a.m.

Back