2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of the year, our favourite teams get geared up for another season.
after a wild playoffs where half the top teams were gone in 1st round last season.
I am sure no predicated the blues would win the cup.
It shows at this time of year everyone is truly equal. With a lot of player movement
this summer, some teams made big strides some stayed static, many still have high end talent unsigned.

As much as I love this time of year, it also means summer and car season is coming to an end.
I am really looking forward to this weekends run. Friday and Sat night we can have a few pops and
argue the upcoming season :) Oh and Leaf fans can tell us where the parade route is this year. :)
( sorry had to take at least one shot)

Big game in Bathurst tonight. Renous Won Kraft Home Town Hockey, and along with the $250,000 for Arena Upgrades they get to host a Pre Season NHL Game. Cause their Arena isn't ready, the Canadians host the Florida Panthers at the KC Irving Center in Bathurst tonight. GHG !

I was happy for Renous When they won this however I was sad for the members and bussiness in that community as well when I heard the real reason it was being moved to Bathurst instead of being played in the Renous like the contest was for. I know it is a bussiness decision but still not cool. They say it is about the fans in this statement but I am sure that is the way the NHL wants it portrayed. Bathurst is almost an hour and half drive from Renous.

1. This marks the third time the Canadiens have taken part in the Kraft Hockeyville game, after facing the Ottawa Senators in Salmon River, NS in 2006, and the Buffalo Sabres in Roberval, QC in 2008. This year's contest is celebrating the town of Renous, NB. However, the game will be held at Bathurst's KC Irving Centre as that arena has a larger capacity than the rink in Renous and will allow more fans to enjoy the experience of taking in a live NHL game.

ya, apparently, people from Renous got first dibs on tickets.

And on top of the $250,000 from Kraft, an additional $650,000 was raised by the Community. So $800,000 should go a long way towards completion.

Sounds like the whole idea of charity / advertising to help small town Canada improve rinks,
has still lost out to the greed of the super rich. Giving them tickets first only helps one aspect of this.
the town, business and local interests would have gained immensely. People will say it's not for them but the rink.
remember without small local business who likely all sponsor teams, players and the rink, it wouldn't exists.

Stories like this are just plain sad.

Yup I totally agree Trevor. It's not just the $250000.00 the spin off is huge. Also taking a family of 4 has now turned into a much more expensive treck as now you have to add travail and food into the equation.

Sad for sure.

First Leafs preseason game was in St John's against the Sens. People were paying $600 to see it. Think the arena seats around 7000.... Yikes!!! To top it all off it was a really crappy game lol

600.00 bucks for pre-season ???? That is a lot of dollars for sure. I have tickets for October 15th game at Bell Centre against the Lightning and both my ticket didn't cost me that much, and good seats to boot. And you say it that was for a Leafs game, imagine a Habs one, they would have paid thousands.............sorry Jason could not resist. lol lol

It wasn't' Pretty, But Canadians Beat the Panthers 5-4 in a Shoot Out. Nick Suzuki scored the Winning Goal and was selected as the First Star.

Habs out shot the Panthers 2-1, but they still managed to score 4 goals with only 15 or so shots on Goal.

Carey Price needs some more practice. :FordSmile

Habs have won all 3 of their Pre Season Games so far, hopefully that trend continues throughout the Regular Season.

I watched bits of all 3 games, some of the young guys looking quite good.
To me this is a good thing, Montreal wants to take a step forward,
get these guys in and give them a chance. Last years line up wasn't good enough.

Toronto's American League team ran over the Canadians last night, beating them 3-0. Lindgren was in Goal, and saw that Price cut his hand in the last game he played.

TrueBlue02058;n33945 said:
Toronto's American League team ran over the Canadians last night, beating them 3-0. Lindgren was in Goal, and saw that Price cut his hand in the last game he played.

Was a Bruised hand not a cut,

After getting Shut out by the Leafs last 2 games, Canadians Beat Senators 4-3 in Overtime last night with Nick Suzuki scoring the Winning Goal.

Leafs Shut out the Red Wings 5-0, their 3rd Shut out in a Row.

Back