2017 NHL Playoffs

Were getting slack with updates :)
San Jose wins in 6, headed to there first Cup appearance.
Pittsburgh beats tampa Last night 2-1, what a 3rd period, to punch there ticket to the finals.
First time in 7 years.

Stanley cup finals start Monday in Pittsburgh. 8Pm.

Don't get the games here in Maine. It's on several channels in Canada but different story south of the border. NBCSN requires a special channel package I guess.

Pittsburgh takes game 2, in overtime. 2-1.
Tight games, I watched 2 periods last night.
Game 3 Sat. night in San Jose.

I took a nap after supper that night so I could watch the entire game. Well I watched the first 3 periods and missed the OT. Game 3 Saturday.

Pittsburg takes game four, 3-1
Heading home for game 5 on thursday night.
With first chance to win cup at home.

Pens are the more talented team in my opinion. Can't see them losing on home ice. They will want to party with their fans ?

Funny I'm watching Sporstcenter this morning and they are talking about how good Phil Kessel has been. Can't argue with that....he's been the guy so far. Bob Mackenzie mentioned that Leafs fans thought they couldn't win with Kessel. Ummm what? He led the Leafs in points every year he played so not sure who he's talking about. The obvious problem was that he had nobody team behind him or talent on his line. Put him on the Pens who are full of talented and bammm...one win away for the cup.

Last edited:
Funny is they have been really tight games, San Jose's big guns are not scoring.
But really neither are crosby or Malkin, Malkin finally got a goal last night. But both are playing very well.
Pittsburg has not won the cup on home Ice, you can bet they wanna do it Thursday night.
Its not over and the 4th game is the hardest to win, I actually predicted 6 or 7.
Guess we will see thursday. Should be one hellva a game.

TrueBlue02058;n4780 said:
Watched first 2 periods. Sharks won 4-2. They came out strong in first and scored first 2 goals. Then Pittsburgh got one and this was all in the first 5 minutes !

I watched the whole thing, last goal, empty net, Pittsburg, were all over them.
Jones stood on his head. Not sure he can do what he did in 2 more games.
San Jose played well, but got lucky with those first 2 goals. Both a little soft.

Another late night Sunday, unless they play earlier, being Sunday and all.

Back